Super Bowl XLV

Who will win Super Bowl XLV?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl

• Green Bay Packers
    • Pittsburgh Steelers

I'd like the Packers to win as I think it would be the better game if they do (or they need to be in front in the 4th).

However, I think I've got to pick the Steelers

...on which ground I've gone for the Packers.

I didn't follow this season but I love the final. I have no favourites at all but just before every game I pick one. They invariably lose.

People who follow American Football. It's not exactly rocket science.

Zorro - you miss the point - in the grand scheme of things there are certain events closer to home that are not just massively more important but life changing. The fact that there is a final of some description in a foreign land where they think it is a world final when it is only them that play it doesn't register on the local interest levels.

I know that some people do follow certain teams from the colonies, I used to take an interest in the Redskins myself, but as you see from the number of posts on the subject, there is little interest.

Zorro - you miss the point - in the grand scheme of things there are certain events closer to home that are not just massively more important but life changing. The fact that there is a final of some description in a foreign land where they think it is a world final when it is only them that play it doesn't register on the local interest levels.

I know that some people do follow certain teams from the colonies, I used to take an interest in the Redskins myself, but as you see from the number of posts on the subject, there is little interest.

You asked who is interested... There are about 8 to 10 people who post here who like the NFL... There is no minimal number requirement for it to be a valid conversation topic your realise ?

From a two word post, it's pretty difficult to glean such an expansive point. And even if I had have been able to decipher the code, it'd still be complete nonsense.

Are you seriously suggesting that because Oldham council have ballsed up, people should completely ignore everything else in the world?

Also, it's called the Super Bowl. There's no mention of the words 'World' or 'Final' anywhere. Even the competition as a whole is called the National Football League.

By asking 'who cares?' you're implying that no one cares. Yet by your own admission there are posts on the subject; proof that there is interest, however little.

^_^

:lol::lol::lol: Move away from the thread then and leave it to people that do.

Zorrro, I am not wearing a hat at the moment, but if I was I would surely be tipping it in your direction.

I don't know who will win this. One minute I think Aaron Rogers will have a great game and Clay Matthews will dominate. The next I am thinking the Steelers experience will be the deciding factor.

If it is half as good as the game when the Steelers won it last time it will be amazing.

The one time of the year I pretend to care about NFL. Although I adopted the Cardinals as my team a fair few seasons back (I have family in Tuscon), but then they got to the Super Bowl a couple of seasons later and I didn't want to appear as a glory fan.

But I'm going to a BBQ on Sunday and watching it.

The one time of the year I pretend to care about NFL. Although I adopted the Cardinals as my team a fair few seasons back (I have family in Tuscon), but then they got to the Super Bowl a couple of seasons later and I didn't want to appear as a glory fan.

But I'm going to a BBQ on Sunday and watching it.

\o/\o/

...and then there were two.

I have never watched an American Football game in my life. I know very little about it, but Ive got Monday off and I'm going to watch the Super Bowl. Just to see what the fuss is about. It's a sport I have never given a chance, cos I've never been able to see it. In order to keep it interesting tonight I've decided to support green bay & stick a few quid on.

I've backed Green Bay 7 - 12 points & Donald Driver first touchdown scorer. (just looking at the odds he seemed a decent bet, plus I liked his name)

Edited by pukka

I have never watched an American Football game in my life. I know very little about it, but Ive got Monday off and I'm going to watch the Super Bowl. Just to see what the fuss is about. It's a sport I have never given a chance, cos I've never been able to see it. In order to keep it interesting tonight I've decided to support green bay & stick a few quid on.

I've backed Green Bay 7 - 12 points & Donald Driver first touchdown scorer. (just looking at the odds he seemed a decent bet, plus I liked his name)

If GB score the first touchdown that is a reasonable bet.

Looking forward to the understated half-time show and a Steelers comeback. Both are inevitable.

I recall that some people on here have a downer against that lass who's doing the singy bit. She's still well above my quality threshold, with a bit of room to spare.