Stadium size ?

Stadium size if Failsworth capacity can't be met ?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Woud you prefer a new stadium...

• In the Borough, but less than 10,000 (expandable)
    • Outside the Borough, but more than 10,000 (expandable)
    • Neither of the above (post your option)

I know all would prefer a stadium capacity of more than 10,000 within the Borough, but if thats out of the question whats your preference ?

whats the point of moving to a ground that is less than our current capacity? I wouldn't mind moving to tameside as there are no professinal teams here.

11,000 - 12,000 in the borough, with room for expansion e.g. in corners, able to add another tier if needed..

That's the ideal Rob, but I have a feeling it won't happen in the Borough due to shortage of suitable land, would you reduce you aspirations if it wasn't possible ?

That question will always be debated I think.

size will only matter dependant on which league we are in....if bp still has safety certs for the next 3 seasons then who knows where we will be....

if were in league 1 or below then 8-10k will suffice....

if were in the championship then depending on who you play and how we play i would say 10-14k

at the end of the day any stadium proposed needs to be fully extendable at any given time....

That's the ideal Rob, but I have a feeling it won't happen in the Borough due to shortage of suitable land, would you reduce you aspirations if it wasn't possible ?

Their is suitable land for that. However the owners want 30 acres for other things like 3g football pitches etc. All we need to do is cut down on the plans that was intended for failsworth, and build upwards rather than outwards.

Their is suitable land for that. However the owners want 30 acres for other things like 3g football pitches etc. All we need to do is cut down on the plans that was intended for failsworth, and build upwards rather than outwards.

I agree, but don't they say revenue wouldn't be enough if it was cut down ?

I agree, but don't they say revenue wouldn't be enough if it was cut down ?

you need to generate income streams..that will give you money coming in all year round....that is why they want 30 acres...doesnt really matter what extra they want as long as it brings in the income.....you can stick a stadium anywhere.but if its just a ground its back to what we have now....

the various plans for bp centre round conferencing hospitality and cinemas bowling allyes a hotel etc etc..

failsworth centred around football and 3g pitches,plus maybe eateries and cinema.....

this is vital or we just carry on as we are,only getting money from match days...

you need to generate income streams..that will give you money coming in all year round....that is why they want 30 acres...doesnt really matter what extra they want as long as it brings in the income.....you can stick a stadium anywhere.but if its just a ground its back to what we have now....

the various plans for bp centre round conferencing hospitality and cinemas bowling allyes a hotel etc etc..

failsworth centred around football and 3g pitches,plus maybe eateries and cinema.....

this is vital or we just carry on as we are,only getting money from match days...

There isn't 30 acres though, so what next ?

There isn't 30 acres though, so what next ?

how do you know there isnt???? just because someone says there isnt?????

have you looked round the borough,to see whats available,whats derelict etc etc.....

plus engineering these days mean you can dig down deeper and build higher....so in essence you wouldnt need 30 acres,just imaginative architecs

how do you know there isnt???? just because someone says there isnt?????

have you looked round the borough,to see whats available,whats derelict etc etc.....

plus engineering these days mean you can dig down deeper and build higher....so in essence you wouldnt need 30 acres,just imaginative architecs

It has been publicised many times from Council and OA sources that there isn't another 30 acres available in the borough.

When you have looked around tell me where the 30 acres is where easy planning permission can be obtained.

I agree, I dont think 30 acres is required, but the fact is the powers that be do.

I heard that the land off bullcote lane couldnt be used as the area has loads of mine shafts!

simples, get a massive cement mixer and just fill one end and the cement will cover everything!

ive seen it done in movies.

Wherever we end up, is 30 acres really necessary?

Remember the original plans for the redevelopment of BP? There were far too many flats and houses, aimed at squeezing every last penny out of the site. Maybe if the plans had been less intensive they may have been passed.

Edited by JohnnyPimp

Remember the original plans for the redevelopment of BP? There were far too many flats and houses, aimed at squeezing every last penny out of the site. Maybe if the plans had been less intensive they may have been passed.

I agree, to remain in Oldham as the majority want, a redevelopment half the size should still generate enough income.

Those plans did get passed, in fact plannig permission still exists but the bottom fell out of the housing market, so finance was not avaialble, and it became economically unviable.