Would it be sensible

Just wondering if it would be sensible to do a similar offer at the Tranmere game that we are doing for Carlisle?

Maybe not to the extent to 2 squid but maybe reduce it to a tenner for adults and maybe 5 for under 16s?

Considering the game is on sky i dont want everyone to see a 3/4 empty ground for a promotion chasing team.

Just wondering if it would be sensible to do a similar offer at the Tranmere game that we are doing for Carlisle?

Maybe not to the extent to 2 squid but maybe reduce it to a tenner for adults and maybe 5 for under 16s?

Considering the game is on sky i dont want everyone to see a 3/4 empty ground for a promotion chasing team.

I don't think they could build up the lookers that quick ha. It may well be in the think tank that one. I don't know anything like.

If we can get businesses to subsidise it like they are for the Carlisle game then yes.

The club needs every penny it can get right now.

The Sky money only covers a small amount of what we actually lose every year.

I think to do something similar for the Tranmere game the prices would have to be lower than £10 to get the stay aways back again. For £10 they could stay in the pub, in the warm and watch the game with a few pints. I think £5 would be a better deal, if we could get businesses to cover the costs.

How about having something on the turnstiles on the night of the carlisle game where any fans that wish to can still pay the full £20 entrance fee. Ive read a few posts by people who have already bought there tickets and have said they will not claim the refund so maybe there is people who go who will be willing to still pay the full £20.

Cant see Sky being happy about us knocking the prices down for Tranmere TBH. If they are paying to screen the match, surely they would want their viewing figures to be as high as possible? giving tickets away at a reduced price to fans who are undecided about attending will reduce the viewing figures, and thus make the deal less attractive from their point of view?

I wouldnt be surprised if Sky had it written into the contract that we are banned from reducing ticket prices for this game.

Cant see Sky being happy about us knocking the prices down for Tranmere TBH. If they are paying to screen the match, surely they would want their viewing figures to be as high as possible? giving tickets away at a reduced price to fans who are undecided about attending will reduce the viewing figures, and thus make the deal less attractive from their point of view?

I wouldnt be surprised if Sky had it written into the contract that we are banned from reducing ticket prices for this game.

The rugby have done this twice, so I am not so sure.

As it is anti competitive, I doubt it very much.

I'd be astonished if that was true. Sky want people to see a reasonably full stadium, and the capacity of BP is hardly going to dent Sky's viewing figures to any degree that would worry Murdoch!

sky have no say in what the club does regarding admission prices. most of the tv audience wont be from the respected towns on the tv so it wont make much difference.

Not at all Sky prefer games where their are full stadiums to improve the atmosphere and the occasion (they like derby's at this level) I think they would openly welcome it and I think its pretty safe to assume they werent thinking about how many oldham and tranmere fans would watch on tv.

Not at all Sky prefer games where their are full stadiums to improve the atmosphere and the occasion (they like derby's at this level) I think they would openly welcome it and I think its pretty safe to assume they werent thinking about how many oldham and tranmere fans would watch on tv.

When we were on telly against Port Vale, wasnt there reduced admission - the game we won 2-1? I rememeber just under 7000 being there that day I think.