Dean Furman vs Notts County

...Furman's superstrike against a bewildered Notts County has made it into the top 10 for Goal of the Year.

Vote Here

Let's make sure he gets more votes than Craig "Box of Frogs" Davies.

*Apologies if someone's already posted this.

Was going to post something similar earlier on; but got pulled into a meeting & forgot!! :blush: – I’ve sent the link onto quite a few of my email address book – it’d be nice to actually win something for the club wouldn’t it? And, whilst McGugan’s & Bostock’s strikes are from further out; the team passing move we put together before Furman’s screamer I think genuinely tips it in DF’s favour – he has a real chance i think?

Was going to post something similar earlier on; but got pulled into a meeting & forgot!! :blush: – I’ve sent the link onto quite a few of my email address book – it’d be nice to actually win something for the club wouldn’t it? And, whilst McGugan’s & Bostock’s strikes are from further out; the team passing move we put together before Furman’s screamer I think genuinely tips it in DF’s favour – he has a real chance i think?

No I wouldnt imagine so, Rickie Lamberts and Adam Hammills are worldys, and Dean Cox's isnt bad neither.

I remember seeing the Hammill goal on sky when it was live and thinking there wont be many better scored this season

No I wouldnt imagine so, Rickie Lamberts and Adam Hammills are worldys, and Dean Cox's isnt bad neither.

I remember seeing the Hammill goal on sky when it was live and thinking there wont be many better scored this season

I reckon Furman's is the ideal goal - wonderstrike plus multiple passes and defenders clearly not knowing which way to run.

Lamberts is clearly a ‘have a go; you never know’ hit – I’ll give you Hammils though. I actually think the main competition comes from John Bostocks’ one; as that involves a decent bit of interchange before he lets fly.

I do stand by my reasoning though, as I remember an Arsenal player winning goal of the season once, and he tapped in from less than 6 yards – it just happened to follow a 10-15 pass team move before it.

DF has 14 passes that are a mix of 1 & 2 touch, on the grass; at a high tempo and then a 25 yarder.....I think it stands a decent chance of getting placed.....

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad that Stephens is back today and Mantom seems to have settled well, but I think we'll miss Furman for the next two games. He's decent on the ball but does so much for the midfield when we haven't got the ball that it'll take a great effort from Stephens and Mantom to make up for it.

Wouldn't be surprised if he is a successful Championship midfielder in the near future (hopefully with us), a few more goal like this wouldn't go amiss before the end of the season!

• 4 weeks later...

Football League on Twitter

Well done Deano. It really was a beauty of a goal, never get bored of watching it.

Ah goals, and victories, they certaintly are something to get misty eyed about!

Maybe that should get played on the team bus a bit!

Well done Dean, and the team, it was as much about the build up as Dean, which I am sure Dean would be the first to acknowledge.

Edited by singe