THE TRUST POSITION

I will check re the Safety Certificate situation.

Please all read my post carefully. I am not making a case out that because groundshare may be cheaper than running the club, it is in our best interests to make a move. Irrespective of anything else the Trust may decide otherwise and your views are being carefully conidered be you a member of the Trust or otherwise. THis is a "fan" issue.

The Trust will carefully consider the best interests of the fans in its deliberations and to do otherwise would be a dereliction of duty. Those views have to be measures towards the long term future of the club.

Personal opinions do not enter the equation believe me anf fans views are very much to the fore.

For once oafc0000 I partly agree with you on the difficulty of being Trust Chairman and a Director on the Board. In the main on many occasions it it advantageous when delivering to both sides. Such issues as this are very difficult and I would be lying if I did not agree to that point. However my colleagues on the Board of Directors will tell you that I am not frightened to stand my corner. My first responsibility is to the Trust and the fans and that is my position. I am often accused of acting to the contrary but I am not popular on many counts, whether with the fans or the Directors. My main interest is the club and the fans and I will always fight for what is right. It goes with the territory that I am either in trouble with the club or the fans. I accept that.

One of the interesting aspects of the Trust being represented at Board level is that you really do get a proper insight into the running of a football club and whoever takes over me we also learn accordingly. This gives a better opportunity to advise the Trust and make sound decisions on the fans behalf.

I hope this helps.

Barry

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry

Can you tell me why the subject of leaving BP at the end of the season has never been mentioned before? Even if we had got the nod from the Charities Commission there was still a long way to go before it got the final green light, so we were never going to be kicking off there in August. Prior to the announcement last week there wasn't even the slightest indication of this groundshare crap, so why is there now?

Something stinks, and this stench needs cleaning up.

Yep, cards on the table Barry if Corney walks away at the end of the season you and the remaining directors are going to need us on side. Time for some answers not just in house within the Trust. We have a right to know what is happening and why the goalposts regarding the ground share and the safety certificates were not highlighted sooner.

Please all read my post carefully. I am not making a case out that because groundshare may be cheaper than running the club, it is in our best interests to make a move. Irrespective of anything else the Trust may decide otherwise and your views are being carefully conidered be you a member of the Trust or otherwise. THis is a "fan" issue.

The Trust will carefully consider the best interests of the fans in its deliberations and to do otherwise would be a dereliction of duty. Those views have to be measures towards the long term future of the club.

Personal opinions do not enter the equation believe me anf fans views are very much to the fore.

For once oafc0000 I partly agree with you on the difficulty of being Trust Chairman and a Director on the Board. In the main on many occasions it it advantageous when delivering to both sides. Such issues as this are very difficult and I would be lying if I did not agree to that point. However my colleagues on the Board of Directors will tell you that I am not frightened to stand my corner. My first responsibility is to the Trust and the fans and that is my position. I am often accused of acting to the contrary but I am not popular on many counts, whether with the fans or the Directors. My main interest is the club and the fans and I will always fight for what is right. It goes with the territory that I am either in trouble with the club or the fans. I accept that.

One of the interesting aspects of the Trust being represented at Board level is that you really do get a proper insight into the running of a football club and whoever takes over me we also learn accordingly. This gives a better opportunity to advise the Trust and make sound decisions on the fans behalf.

I hope this helps.

Barry

I don't say this lightly Barry, but that is an excellent statement. Please live up to it in the coming weeks. Since the 2004, this is the Trusts time to really make a difference. In my opinion, it should start by building bridges with all fans, using the humility you have shown here, and representing these views to the club.

I am sorry that Corney et al have failed to find the win-win. I can't help but think we have now been shafted given the win-win doesnt exist. Others are right. Why now is groundsharing and leaving BP the right answer? We were at least 2 years away from moving to Failsworth. That is the most pressing question

Edited by latic12345

Yep, cards on the table Barry if Corney walks away at the end of the season you and the remaining directors are going to need us on side. Time for some answers not just in house within the Trust. We have a right to know what is happening and why the goalposts regarding the ground share and the safety certificates were not highlighted sooner.

First of all please except my apologies for the grammar and spelling. I am tired out. Numerous meetings etc.

Simple as Prozac. I will always be as level as I can with you and I appreciate that we all need to stick together. That has never been more so the case as now.

Never needed to be considered really as the postive vibes were such that we always anticipated that Failsworth would occur. Why cause unrest with unpopular Plan B when you never believe it may occur.

The Trust always needs help from the fans and at the moment is receiving the best support it has ever had. I know that will upset some because of my continuing presence.

If the worst came to the worst and I have no reason to believe it will, the Trust Directors would do their best to continue football in Oldham. What could be afforded and at what level would need to be determined but I believe amongst the ardent fans would be a desire to keep a football club.

Anyway I do not want such negativity to creep in and strongly believe in our future.

Barry

thanks for the info Barry

again, to clarify, are you saying.........

we weren't going to be playing at BP next season if Failsworth was underway, i.e. we were always gonna groundshare while the new ground was being built?

or

SC/TTA would only have continued funding us playing at BP next year if Failsworth was being built? now it's not, they won't throw more good money after bad?

Edited by HarryBosch

I hope this helps.

Barry

Barry, you say you are not making a case for ground share, yet a statement in the owners and your name says that a ground share is the"most likely" option.

There is no legal likelihood we would be kicked out till 2014, if Simon Corney (whom I have supported and do not belevie this was his first choice ) and Simon Blitz kicked us out without full plans in pace, they will go down in history on par with Chris Moore. They will have gone back on their word. THat is their choice not the Councils, incompetent as they have been.

A compromise has to be reached, and that will have to sart with the 30 acre minimum stipulation.

Simon and Charlie need to be locked in a room, bang their heads together and don't let them out till it is sorted.

Edited by singe

Unfortunately people, it's pretty damn clear why a ground share is the most likely option : Corney cannot really afford to keep us going. If he can lower costs, he will do. Groundsharing will apparently be cheaper than staying at BP.

Very short-sighted, in my opinion. Would probably finish us.

Thanks Harry. Very much an ongoing programme surrounding the Failsworth move. The two intermingle. As you know houses are being built behind the Chaddy end which provides some funding for the project and likewise as Failsworth was being developed more funding would occur from the Boundary Park complex. I think we did not envisage complicating the programme with groundshare because the staying at Boundary Park was temporary due to the new ground. When this fell through you then have to consider how long you can stay at Boundary Park and the cost involved.

Many people talk about the modernisation of Boundary Park but where do they think the money was coming from.

The large complex at Failsworth was likely to bring investment in on a large scale which could not occur in a built up area like we have at the club. Investment would also occur with contiuned investment on the Boundary Park Site. In essence the Failsworth fall through means you have to re-assess Boundary Park as fit for purpose in the short and medium term.

Hope this helps.

Barry

Thanks Harry. Very much an ongoing programme surrounding the Failsworth move. The two intermingle. As you know houses are being built behind the Chaddy end which provides some funding for the project and likewise as Failsworth was being developed more funding would occur from the Boundary Park complex. I think we did not envisage complicating the programme with groundshare because the staying at Boundary Park was temporary due to the new ground. When this fell through you then have to consider how long you can stay at Boundary Park and the cost involved.

Many people talk about the modernisation of Boundary Park but where do they think the money was coming from.

The large complex at Failsworth was likely to bring investment in on a large scale which could not occur in a built up area like we have at the club. Investment would also occur with contiuned investment on the Boundary Park Site. In essence the Failsworth fall through means you have to re-assess Boundary Park as fit for purpose in the short and medium term.

Hope this helps.

Barry

That bit was never fully explained to fans.. All i could find was a NHS trust apparently investing into it to fund new houses/apartments for nurses/doctors to be closer to the hospital so they can come in at short notice..

That bit was never fully explained to fans.. All i could find was a NHS trust apparently investing into it to fund new houses/apartments for nurses/doctors to be closer to the hospital so they can come in at short notice..

Barry should probably direct his question to the people who came up with the idea in the first place...

Hope this helps.

Barry

I'm sorry Barry but it doesn't help at all. At one of the forums at Radclyffe School re Failsworth, Corney was asked the question as to what would happen if it didn't get the go ahead. He replied that we would stay at Boundary Park but we would have to cut our cloth accordingly. There was absolutely no mention of groundsharing, so was he lying?

Singe, thanks for your point. I do not want to enter a play on words because ground share, given the current situation is a serious consideration. That is the position of the Board of Directors and again I do not shy away from that decision as the councils actions give us few options.

The Trust has to debate those options and make a decision in everyones' interests. Popular with my colleagues or not I have to work with that decision in support of those I represent. I may be voted against I don't know but I have to work for those I represent. My colleagues at the club know this and respect my position.

Barry

No he was not lying.

Times and situations change. Finance and business change. Simon C. was not alone in this venture. Now he is.

We have to make decisions based on todays reality and not what occurred at meetings ages ago when we could not foresee the ill luck that falls upon us.

Beleive me he could have a far quieter and prosperous life than the one he has at the moment. I can vouch for that.

Barry

Singe, thanks for your point. I do not want to enter a play on words because ground share, given the current situation is a serious consideration. That is the position of the Board of Directors and again I do not shy away from that decision as the councils actions give us few options.

The Trust has to debate those options and make a decision in everyones' interests. Popular with my colleagues or not I have to work with that decision in support of those I represent. I may be voted against I don't know but I have to work for those I represent. My colleagues at the club know this and respect my position.

Barry

Barry, I promise I am not trying to play sematics or be antagonistic, just clear debate, discussion and clarity. All your posts tonight have been clear, well thought out and very welcome. You have caught the mood, and struck the right tone.

I hope you can persuade Simon to clearly show the costs and complications. I appreciate your hands are tied, rightly so, and you will clearly know the mood of Simon and the legal advice and must not reveal any of this, even from a negotiatiing poit of view never mind your positional responsiblities.

Edited by singe

Some facts please,i dont do cryptic posts.I'll post a couple..

We won't be at BP next season,period.

BP willl be bulldozed within 36months.

The club will end up out of the borough and will struggle to attract 2000 home fans.

The club will die a slow death.

Oh and Oldham council make me physically sick.

PS forget the sabe rattling simon it ain't going to cut ice with OMBC,for starters they haven't got a pot to piss in so forget about any help from that godforsaken quater.

Yard Dog. I think you are being a little unfair. With regard to affordability Simon has supported the manager with signing that other clubs in our position may not have attempted. If he was watching the expense that closely we would not have the squad we have. He has also acted very shrewdly with getting people out and his financial commitment and management cannot be equalled.

Barry

Yard Dog. I think you are being a little unfair. With regard to affordability Simon has supported the manager with signing that other clubs in our position may not have attempted. If he was watching the expense that closely we would not have the squad we have. He has also acted very shrewdly with getting people out and his financial commitment and management cannot be equalled.

Barry

Perhaps. No denying he has spent more on the football side of things than he had to, and that is why I don't go along with the conspiracy theorists that say TTA were just in this for the land from the start, as TTA have always given us the best budget they sensibly could afford to.

But there can also be no denying that a decision to ground-share would be a decision based purely on cost.

Aside from this point, I echo latics12345 and singe's comments on your posts tonight - I think you have said sensible things in what must be very difficult circumstances. I hope you can help keep us alive and in Oldham.

Edited by Yard Dog

Some facts please,i dont do cryptic posts.I'll post a couple..

We won't be at BP next season,period.

BP willl be bulldozed within 36months.

The club will end up out of the borough and will struggle to attract 2000 home fans.

The club will die a slow death.

Oh and Oldham council make me physically sick.

PS forget the sabe rattling simon it ain't going to cut ice with OMBC,for starters they haven't got a pot to piss in so forget about any help from that godforsaken quater.

Rigsby, not one of those is a fact. It is an opinion. You may well be right, but it is only an opinion nonetheless.

Perhaps. No denying he has spent more on the football side of things than he had to, and that is why I don't go along with the conspiracy theorists that say TTA were just in this for the land from the start, as TTA have always given us the best budget they sensibly could afford to.

But there can also be no denying that a decision to ground-share would be a decision based purely on cost.

Aside from this point, I echo latics12345 and singe's comments on your posts tonight - I think you have said sensible things in what must be very difficult circumstances. I hope you can help keep us alive and in Oldham.

Sorry problem with my posts, but good to see that in times of crisis such positiveity can be maintained,

Edited by singe

Rigsby, not one of those is a fact. It is an opinion. You may well be right, but it is only an opinion nonetheless.

they are i

onions i have had from day dot and they will be facts in the long run.

we'll see.

im fuming and carefully considering my next move.

protests should be on the agenda,starting saturday

Edited by rigsby

Singe, sorry if I came across that way. I did not see your post in that light. I just did not want you to get the wrong idea. I thank you for your continued support. Please be assured of my strong support in these matters.

Barry

No apology neccesary Barry, iit was kind to offer it.

Your time is now Barry, I remiain optimistic in these dark days.