Petition Number 2

I just noticed a Deborah Hargreaves on the list. Brings back memories. Autumn 1986. Garden shed. First kiss. It was a long and wistful walk home in the wet that day. Is that when everything started to go so wrong?

*Bump*

Maybe it was a turning point for her, and after getting over the horror of what she had done, everything started going right?

Numero 100 on the Oldham Council website. Thanik you Steve Yates.

Thanks very much.

And sounds like SC is talking to the council too, which is good news.

Lets keep the pressure up.

386 on the genreeal one, so I hope we can do 400 today

Mark

Edited by singe

I am bumping this until there are solid proposals in the public domain. I don't think it wise to take chances that everything will be alright until we here things officially.

Not talking will achieve nothing, even if it is to state come back to us when you have some concrete plans

Hi Everyone, I have created a second one, and I tihnk this is an important one.

It is on the Oldham Council website, and as far as I can see is the first ePetition ever!

I don't live in Oldham, but my Council has the same software, and if you get 1,000 signatures you can have a debate at the Council.

That should be achievable.

Of course, this is in the Council's back yard and should send a message to the council directly.

I urge you to sign it.

<a href="http://committees.oldham.gov.uk/mgEPetitionDisplay.aspx?ID=2&RPID=86577&HPID=86577" target="_blank">Sign the Petition on the OMBC council website</a>

Show we care!

In view of the events surrounding the players not being paid, due to Failsworth investors withdrawing, I think it a good time to remind everyone the petitions are available to sign.

Show we care!

In view of the events surrounding the players not being paid, due to Failsworth investors withdrawing, I think it a good time to remind everyone the petitions are available to sign.

I agree Singe, keep it going mate. I would encourage anyone and everyone to sign this petition otherwise dont sit back and moan if and when it all goes tits up.

• 1 month later...

Just an update, I received this email today

Dear Mr. A

Thank you for the e-petition received in my office on 29th March 2011 relating to the above. The petition has been forwarded to the Economy, Place and Skills Directorate.

You will receive a response from the Economy, Place and Skills Directorate in due course, however, if you should have any queries in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Lori Hughes

Constitutional Services Officer

Performance, Services and Capacity

Civic Centre, West Street

Oldham, OL1 1UG

Just an update, I received this email today

Dear Mr. A

Thank you for the e-petition received in my office on 29th March 2011 relating to the above. The petition has been forwarded to the Economy, Place and Skills Directorate.

You will receive a response from the Economy, Place and Skills Directorate in due course, however, if you should have any queries in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Lori Hughes

Constitutional Services Officer

Performance, Services and CapacityCivic Centre, West Street

Oldham, OL1 1UG

:shock:

• 1 month later...

Just to update I recieved this email today

by email only)

Economy, Place And Skills Directorate

Property, Development and Investment

Division, Civic Centre, Level 3, Room 310,

West Street, Oldham, OL1 1UH

Tel: 0161 770 1660

Fax: 0161 770 4488

Dear Mr Airey

Re: PETITION TO KEEP OLDHAM ATHLETIC IN OLDHAM

I write following receipt of your recent e-petition entitled “Keep Oldham Athletic in Oldham”.

I would like to assure you that, the aim of your objection -to keep professional football within

the Borough -is very important to Oldham Council. A number of officers have spent and

continue to spend a significant amount of time working with the club, investigating a range of

options which would help to safeguard the future of Oldham Athletic.

Such is the need to have a successful and sustainable club within the Borough; these

discussions include senior representatives from Oldham Council, including the Chief Executive.

Furthermore, the need to support the club has cross political party support with the Labour

group (who following the elections now have political control of the Council) continuing with the

work carried out under the previous administration.

I hope that this letter will give you some confidence, along with the recent statements made by

new Council Leader, Councillor Jim McMahon who has publicly stated that one of his groups’

priorities would be to resolve “the issue of a new stadium for Oldham Athletic”.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/print/56138

If you require any further information, or wish to meet to discuss your concerns directly, please

feel to contact me and I will arrange a mutually convenient appointment.

Yours sincerely

Mark Prestwich

Development Officer

Direct line: 0161 770 1660

Email: mark.prestwich oldham.gov.uk

Just to update I recieved this email today

by email only)

Economy, Place And Skills Directorate

Property, Development and Investment

Division, Civic Centre, Level 3, Room 310,

West Street, Oldham, OL1 1UH

Tel: 0161 770 1660

Fax: 0161 770 4488

Dear Mr Airey

Re: PETITION TO KEEP OLDHAM ATHLETIC IN OLDHAM

I write following receipt of your recent e-petition entitled “Keep Oldham Athletic in Oldham”.

I would like to assure you that, the aim of your objection -to keep professional football within

the Borough -is very important to Oldham Council. A number of officers have spent and

continue to spend a significant amount of time working with the club, investigating a range of

options which would help to safeguard the future of Oldham Athletic.

Such is the need to have a successful and sustainable club within the Borough; these

discussions include senior representatives from Oldham Council, including the Chief Executive.

Furthermore, the need to support the club has cross political party support with the Labour

group (who following the elections now have political control of the Council) continuing with the

work carried out under the previous administration.

I hope that this letter will give you some confidence, along with the recent statements made by

new Council Leader, Councillor Jim McMahon who has publicly stated that one of his groups’

priorities would be to resolve “the issue of a new stadium for Oldham Athletic”.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/print/56138

If you require any further information, or wish to meet to discuss your concerns directly, please

feel to contact me and I will arrange a mutually convenient appointment.

Yours sincerely

Mark Prestwich

Development Officer

Direct line: 0161 770 1660

Email: mark.prestwich oldham.gov.uk

Very reassuring if all is to be believed!

Well done singe, keep up the good work mate!!!