attendance prediction

Hope theres not too many there, going straight from work and I would like to find a seat quickly.

As long as the little bastards don't rip the reserved sticker of our seats again I enjoy moving them along especially when they start complaining.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chuffing weather may put a few off...brrrrrr

I will say 4565

Just hope there is no made crush to get in and I can get my seat....ooooooooooooooooooo

Reason for edit: What an idiot I am slightly wrong by 4,000.....I was never good a predictions/lottery numbers too...disappointed.gif

Edited by underdog

Good crowd that tonight.

I'm not usually one to question the official attendance, but did anyone else think there were more like 9k there?

no i think that was pretty honest. the carlisle section had about 1000 spare seats alone. bottom left of rre (looking at it from chaddy) had a few spares an the chaddy wasnt full either

was surprised there was so many there but how many will be there extra for the next home game? not many id wager

Probably not... Barry said it was a test of support a couple of days ago... What it really is, is a demonstration that the average Oldhamer values the product closer to £2 than £20..

Something to bear in mind next time a player claims he is worth x amount of wages for his services...

People still like the club etc... Its seriously over valuing itself though...

That or their simply isn't the number who can afford the £20...

Edited by oafc0000

bottom left of rre (looking at it from chaddy) had a few spares

No it didn't. We had seats A1-3. There were no seats anywhere around us, and a hundred or there abouts standing at the back due to there being no spares.

Edited by maddog

RRE looked full in large section.. no more than 10 spare seats surely? Their was at least a hundred along the back stood up.. Chaddy i'd guess max 100 free.. Main upper was apparently sold out, so some kids decided to come up.. About 1000 spare seats in Carlisle section.. I was surprised their was 9k..

Attendance was 8,564 and BP holds 10,638

So their was 2000 seats spare tonight? Don't be silly Latics..

Probably not... Barry said it was a test of support a couple of days ago... What it really is, is a demonstration that the average Oldhamer values the product closer to £2 than £20..

Something to bear in mind next time a player claims he is worth x amount of wages for his services...

People still like the club etc... Its seriously over valuing itself though...

That or their simply isn't the number who can afford the £20...

agree with that post 10000000%.

agree with that post 10000000%.

What you agreeing with?. He’s trying to preach to us about footballer’s ridiculous wages when we’re watching a young squad playing third division football. He on the other hand travels to South Africa to watch a bunch of knob heads.

What you agreeing with?. He’s trying to preach to us about footballer’s ridiculous wages when we’re watching a young squad playing third division football. He on the other hand travels to South Africa to watch a bunch of footballer’s on ridiculous wages ( knob heads.)

FIFY

FIFY

I paid £100 for a CAT A world cup ticket. I can confirm it represented much greater value for money than Latics at £20.

A Premiership footballer who is attracting millions in TV rights can turn around and ask for their cut of the pie without being ashamed. When a third division player turns around and demands his cut of the pie, well the pie should be a smaller slice IMO.

If you can't see the difference then I give up.

Edited by oafc0000

I paid £100 for a CAT A world cup ticket. I can confirm it represented much greater value for money than Latics at £20.

A Premiership footballer who is attracting millions in TV rights can turn around and ask for their cut of the pie without being ashamed. When a third division player turns around and demands his cut of the pie, well the pie should be a smaller slice IMO.

you become a bigger clown with each post.

I think I am on solid ground when saying League One players slice will be smaller.

The players may attract millions, but the salary of one of the players would run our club for 2 years. That's 30 professionals, Chief Executive, the lot.

The contract term of just one of those players would be enough for us to build a really nice stadium, and self sustaining club in the right area.

The value of something is not just the monetary terms, but the emotional attachment. If England's games in South Africa meant more to you than an Oldham game, that is your right. Doubt many on here would see it the same way. Success for england or Oldham and I know 90% would say Oldham.

You missed out the air fare and acocomodation costs.

I suggest your ire is misdirected.

But if you cannot see the difference, I won't give up. Never that easiliy.

Edited by singe

I think I am on solid ground when saying League One players slice will be smaller.

The players may attract millions, but the salary of one of the players would run our club for 2 years. That's 30 professionals, Chief Executive, the lot.

The contract term of just one of those players would be enough for us to build a really nice stadium, and self sustaining club in the right area.

The value of something is not just the monetary terms, but the emotional attachment. If England's games in South Africa meant more to you than an Oldham game, that is your right. Doubt many on here would see it the same way. Success for england or Oldham and I know 90% would say Oldham.

You missed out the air fare and acocomodation costs.

I suggest your ire is misdirected.

But if you cannot see the difference, I won't give up. Never that easiliy.

The air fare and accommodation costs are irrelevant. That formed part of the "holiday" I had thrown in with the football.

Visiting countries like South Africa and everything which goes with it mean a lot to me. Experiences are the biggest driving point in my life.

Anyway, I won't bore you any further.

Edited by oafc0000

You really don't like other people having a differing opinion to yourself do you.

Of course i do, thats why i come on here to get a different opinion from different FANS ( something your not )

you come on here stateing that your too skint to go latics blah blah blah but then you admit spending money going to the world cup. thats why i think your not a proper oldham fan escpecially as you state you have no intention of returning to latics.

Of course i do, thats why i come on here to get a different opinion from different FANS ( something your not )

you come on here stateing that your too skint to go latics blah blah blah but then you admit spending money going to the world cup. thats why i think your not a proper oldham fan escpecially as you state you have no intention of returning to latics.

When have I once said I cannot afford to come to Latics ? :blink: