New midfielder

What has put me off him is that, when he does play, he looks disinterested, lightweight and frightened to death of making a tackle. I can excuse the out of position bit but not the lack of effort...

fair play , you are the only person to give a reason for not liking him

PIL - he only played two games their because of the bad weather..

Surprised Jones hasnt asked to leave the club yet - prefers to play in cm, when a chance to play a few full games in cm with stephens being ill, and PD would rather stick a winger their who clearly isnt a cm than him.. shows PD has no confidence in him.. Hopefully Jones doesn't get put down to much by this..

Anyway welcome to BP sam..

does this mean that stephens is going to be out for a while?

feel sorry for jones but he wouldnt fit in the centre with furman like stephens does and when he come on in CM, he doesnt look like making anything happen.

it's strange that we've brought in someone else where we do have cover but if he's a good player, we should trust PD until we've seen him play

Can I light a beacon amongst the doom and gloom on this thread?

This lad is quality. He's a box to box player and will be superb alongside Furman. He's strong and decisive in the tackle where he'll break up the opposition play and then turn defence into attack with his range of creative passing. He's also composed on the ball, which is something we needed on Tuesday where we playing the upfield ball too quickly and lost possession. Just the ticket whilst Stephens is out.

Tuesday night proved that Taylor is wasted in the middle. We have midfielders aplenty but I'm confident that we've signed young Sam at £0 wage whilst he's here. Baggies are keen for Sam to have an extended run at our level and the lad does too.

I said the same when Kilkenny first arrived here and I think that Sam will be our catalyst at the time of the season where we need to push on and consolidate a P/O position come May.

UTL

This lad is quality. He's a box to box player and will be superb alongside Furman. He's strong and decisive in the tackle where he'll break up the opposition play and then turn defence into attack with his range of creative passing. He's also composed on the ball, which is something we needed on Tuesday where we playing the upfield ball too quickly and lost possession. Just the ticket whilst Stephens is out.

Tuesday night proved that Taylor is wasted in the middle. We have midfielders aplenty but I'm confident that we've signed young Sam at £0 wage whilst he's here. Baggies are keen for Sam to have an extended run at our level and the lad does too.

I said the same when Kilkenny first arrived here and I think that Sam will be our catalyst at the time of the season where we need to push on and consolidate a P/O position come May.

UTL

hey midsblue can this guy take free kicks or corners if he can that would be a start

UTL

I'll take that!

I've got a feeling he himself may want to play there.

Possibly, he's got so much composure and intelligence on the ball and he naturally finds space. I'd quite like him in there to be honest but I think the Stephens-Furman partnership has worked well this season and if he did go to CM, how would we replace the best RB in the league?

Edited by LeylandLatic

I am with Mids on this one could just be the catlyst we need. I have to say though PD is very active in looking at players and looks to have the knack of getting them. Think this is ANOTHER POSITIVE move,you can never have too many good players at this stage in our position.

Tranny views:

"Didn't think he was much use when he was here"

"Lateef and Kay have shown how good loanees can be. Mantom showed the exact opposite!"

"He was completely Gash."

"Yes he was very poor at us, but during a time when as a team we wern't very good. Hes prob a decent player."

"he looked very lightweight too me "

Sounds promising then.

I haven't a view one way or another on this kid having never seen him play (that I know of) however, Emergency Loan? what emergency?

For me Lags its nothing to do with Sam , I will welcome him with open arms if he plays , Its just odd when we have 2 centre mids in the squad he brings in another ,

For me Lags its nothing to do with Sam , I will welcome him with open arms if he plays , Its just odd when we have 2 centre mids in the squad he brings in another ,

That’s it for me too – welcome on board Sam; hope you do well here BUT.......

When we have R Jones & M Abalimba already at the club, contracted permanent Oldham players who by ‘trade’ are both CM’s; it does seem strange that (a.) he’s brought someone else in & (b.) it’s an ‘emergency’ loan when we already have 2 players that can cover our regular incumbents absence; where’s the emergency??

That’s it for me too – welcome on board Sam; hope you do well here BUT.......

When we have R Jones & M Abalimba already at the club, contracted permanent Oldham players who by ‘trade’ are both CM’s; it does seem strange that (a.) he’s brought someone else in & (b.) it’s an ‘emergency’ loan when we already have 2 players that can cover our regular incumbents absence; where’s the emergency??

Maybe theve been to the dogs...

They are called "emergency" loans because that's how they started years ago; economically they are now manipulated to allow small clubs to prosper. Be honest without the loan system we'd be stuffed. As for the need for another CM, Christ if people can't see that we're short of another one then open your eyes! We took Trotman in when we had 2 regular CB's and nobody blinked an eye. You need 3 choices for 2 positions - ideally 4 for 2 but thats greedy!

Taylor is not a Centre mid, he can cope but you lose his main strength, running at defenders with pace. Jones is obviously not cutting the mustard - and I'm talking training as well as games!

My question is for all the smart arse would be Managers on here; if Corney trusts Dickov to get this lad then why don't you?

Too much FIFA manager or whatever some of you fiddle with in your front parlours!!

Edited by Delfer

They are called "emergency" loans because that's how they started years ago; economically they are now manipulated to allow small clubs to prosper. Be honest without the loan system we'd be stuffed. As for the need for another CM, Christ if people can't see that we're short of another one then open your eyes! We took Trotman in when we had 2 regular CB's and nobody blinked an eye. You need 3 choices for 2 positions - ideally 4 for 2 but thats greedy!

Taylor is not a Centre mid, he can cope but you lose his main strength, running at defenders with pace. Jones is obviously not cutting the mustard - and I'm talking training as well as games!

My question is for all the smart arse would be Managers on here; if Corney trusts Dickov to get this lad then why don't you?

Too much FIFA manager or whatever some of you fiddle with in your front parlours!!

Everyone knew we needed another CB. Centre Mid - Furman Stephens Medi Jones Lee/Winchester if needed.. 4 who are cm's by trade, Lee is aswell i think.. and PD reckons Winchester will become a CM in future.. Thats at least 4 for 2 positions.. along with at least another 2.. so 6 for 2 positions..

Everyone knew we needed another CB. Centre Mid - Furman Stephens Medi Jones Lee/Winchester if needed.. 4 who are cm's by trade, Lee is aswell i think.. and PD reckons Winchester will become a CM in future.. Thats at least 4 for 2 positions.. along with at least another 2.. so 6 for 2 positions..

What utter tripe! Furman & Stephens take as read. Medi? - unproven, Dickov sees him every day, not convinced in him as a CM obviously. Lee - why move him and create another problem?? Jones, enough said - Winchester - behave yourself!

Dickov has been looking at this lad for a while and obviously fancies him - trust him FFS! What I like about our gaffer is that he's always trying to improve, it also give him the option of playing 3 in the middle for a 4-3-3 in some games. it's called being innovative.

What utter tripe! Furman & Stephens take as read. Medi? - unproven, Dickov sees him every day, not convinced in him as a CM obviously. Lee - why move him and create another problem?? Jones, enough said - Winchester - behave yourself!

Dickov has been looking at this lad for a while and obviously fancies him - trust him FFS! What I like about our gaffer is that he's always trying to improve, it also give him the option of playing 3 in the middle for a 4-3-3 in some games. it's called being innovative.

Medi - unproven

well wtf is this guy we signed? proven? I said possibly Lee if needed! Jones - how long have you seen him play in cm? the season when championship clubs where looking at bidding 500k-750k for him when Hartlepool played him in cm? Behave yourself? Wtf? said he can play their if needed and PD sees him in cm in future..

When did i say i didnt trust him? Just pointing out the stuff you incorrectly posted about positions, as we have plenty of options for CM..

Medi - unproven

well wtf is this guy we signed? proven? I said possibly Lee if needed! Jones - how long have you seen him play in cm? the season when championship clubs where looking at bidding 500k-750k for him when Hartlepool played him in cm? Behave yourself? Wtf? said he can play their if needed and PD sees him in cm in future..

When did i say i didnt trust him? Just pointing out the stuff you incorrectly posted about positions, as we have plenty of options for CM..

No, you think we have plenty of options pal, Dickov obviously doesn't, that's why he put Taylor in there. Now he's reflected and got the lad he wanted he's put a fix in. You should turn up at the forum and tell him yourself.

By the way if Corney approves it, and Dickov wants it, on what grounds are you questioning it, apart from the weak argument of having enough options already? What would you rather spend the money on? More pies? Fixing that rain gutter in the RRE? 0.000005% of Blitz's loan repaid? A straightjacket for Gerry?

It's another bit of evidence of :censored: or bust for promotion! Some people are never feckin happy!!

No, you think we have plenty of options pal, Dickov obviously doesn't, that's why he put Taylor in there. Now he's reflected and got the lad he wanted he's put a fix in. You should turn up at the forum and tell him yourself.

By the way if Corney approves it, and Dickov wants it, on what grounds are you questioning it, apart from the weak argument of having enough options already? What would you rather spend the money on? More pies? Fixing that rain gutter in the RRE? 0.000005% of Blitz's loan repaid? A straightjacket for Gerry?

It's another bit of evidence of :censored: or bust for promotion! Some people are never feckin happy!!

No, i know we have plenty of options as we have at least 4 players already their by trade, oh wait, sorry, no i just think that dont i? Best go and tell Jones etc that they aren't an option in their favoured position.. And am questioning why we are in need of another cm when their is already cover there? 4 their by trade, with at least 2 more if needed.. i haven't doubted the new lad etc, already said welcome to bp on here etc and havent said i dont trust dickov..

And no money has been spent probably, more likely WBA are picking up his wages.. and i aint mentioned anything about not being happy.?