winning promotion

I honestly think that today is the day we've blown our chance of a top 6 finish, but 7 more points and we're officially safe from relegation

we could drop to 11th if teams win their games in hand. if the players are serious about getting 6th, then they'll have to show it in the next few games against the top sides

We've made things difficult for ourselves by losing today but everybody in and around the play offs are still dropping points all over the place. We just have to make the most of our games against our rivals and we'll still be in with a good shout. If we were more clinical we'd be pushing the autos pretty hard, it's nothing to do with the overall performances in my opinion.

I think today said to me that it's not going to happen this season, but my point is that every set-back, just adds more to the crazyness of the OAFC promotion party for me it'd be better than losing my virginity, Holland 2002, my first night in Corporation - Sheffield, the first time I ever listened to the Prodigy, Sailing around the Whitsundays and the night England won 5-1 in Germany combined!!!!

we could drop to 11th if teams win their games in hand. if the players are serious about getting 6th, then they'll have to show it in the next few games against the top sides

That sums it up for me - it is down to the players to deliver.

I honestly believe that we have so many in the squad who have good pace and a good touch - when we play well some of the passing is sublime.

However - the problem is our shooting - too many poorly struck shots which show a lack of confidence - is it all in the head? - Whatever the issue is, there is still time to get back on track - but it is down to the players - whoever we play we create enough chances - we simply need to convert one or two more. :o

Edited by TheBigDog

This season may just be a bit too big an ask with a young side. But in the summer, securing Dickov and Taggart is critical as I feel next season could be a brilliant opportunity at really going for it. Now that just about all the dead wood is shifted, and the addition of some more long-term loan successes as we've seen this season the benefit of this seasons experience should see bearing fruit. It's the million dollar question, as past May, only Simon Corney knows whether or not to continue with this project. Could be that Blitz ultimately calls the shots and starts demanding a return on his investment (We need this question asked and resolved at the next fans forum BTW).

I don't want to sound negative by saying this season will peter out. But we need a tremendous string of 3 or 4 wins now to boost us back into the play-off zone, and then a similar consistancy as we've had most of this season to see us there. We've sorely missed Stephens in his absence - no goals in three games and much less creativity tells us that. I've seen it so many times before when a positive half season is derailed by either a key player losing form or getting injured.

That sums it up for me - it is down to the players to deliver.

I honestly believe that we have so many in the squad who have good pace and a good touch - when we play well some of the passing is sublime.

However - the problem is our shooting - too many poorly struck shots which show a lack of confidence - is it all in the head? - Whatever the issue is, there is still time to get back on track - but it is down to the players - whoever we play we create enough chances - we simply need to convert one or two more. :o

two of our main problems this season have been defending set peices and not putting our chances away. we've got dickov - a striker - and taggart - a defender - as coaches but probably the midfield have performed the best this season.

Sheff Wed, United, Hudds, Dale, Tranmere, Bury, Rotherham (C*nt and son) and Chesterfield (loads of ex players and shezza) next Season, none are that far away so bigger crowds and bigger games next season. If we get PO's it's a financial bonus for next season!

As things are going all seem fairly likely of happening. If Walsall stay up and Dagenham, Plim and Yeovil go down, more Northern/Midlands teams in our league.

Edited by SholverBlue

two of our main problems this season have been defending set peices and not putting our chances away. we've got dickov - a striker - and taggart - a defender - as coaches but probably the midfield have performed the best this season.

That would seem bizarrely right, but how does everyone else feel that goes? Often, like sAturday, the midfield comes out being short on skill etc and a someone to put the foot in and control the game.

Interesting point oafc latics

Edited by singe

I think today said to me that it's not going to happen this season, but my point is that every set-back, just adds more to the crazyness of the OAFC promotion party for me it'd be better than losing my virginity, Holland 2002, my first night in Corporation - Sheffield, the first time I ever listened to the Prodigy, Sailing around the Whitsundays and the night England won 5-1 in Germany combined!!!!

I genuinely like the sentiment Tommy but The Prodigy are utter utter wank!!!

step up Lee Duxbury

I genuinely like the sentiment Tommy but The Prodigy are utter utter wank!!!

Corporation Sheffield is even worse

some people think that Simply Red are the greatest band in the history of mankind, my point is that if we ever got promotion it would be the greatest party the world has ever seen, think about it when they score the 4th tonight

some people think that Simply Red are the greatest band in the history of mankind, my point is that if we ever got promotion it would be the greatest party the world has ever seen, think about it when they score the 4th tonight

Simply Red are a great band :grin: as for scoring four now your beginging to sound like a boo boy. :lol: