stadium move!

Hi not sure where evryone is upto on this topic but.I work for royal mail in ashton and this morning got a letter addresed to Oldham Athletic richmond street ashton under lyne ol7

Might be a genuine mistake but seems very odd as richmond street is where the curzon ashton stadium is....

Hi not sure where evryone is upto on this topic but.I work for royal mail in ashton and this morning got a letter addresed to Oldham Athletic richmond street ashton under lyne ol7

Might be a genuine mistake but seems very odd as richmond street is where the curzon ashton stadium is....

Does Richmond Street have an Oldham postcode ? :wink:

now if you had taken a pic on ya phone and posted evidence i might be inclined to believe it.....however you havent so i wont

now if you had taken a pic on ya phone and posted evidence i might be inclined to believe it.....however you havent so i wont

ok and stood with a copy of the daily newspaper making sure my face is visable, hardly going to make it up am i but posting a private address on here would probadly get me sacked

Just thinking here we know tameside council would welcome a profesional football club with open arms, maybe well off the mark but does any one think we could develop curzon ashtons ground while we are playing there.

I think we'd have to, it only holds 4000

AH said at the FF that none of the non-league grounds are up to league standard and all would need money spending on them to upgrade to football league standards and said we are looking at lgs 1 and 2 local teams ie bury rochdale.

My guess is we will be ground sharing with Bury whilst our new stadium is being constructed, all to be revealed in May (own guess, just trying to believe smartzatarts info, not seen/heard anything to doubt it so far and the little snippets at the FF were little hints towards what he has said as being ever so slightly plausible)

- I just wish he would come out and say what he knows/believes to be true rather than his criptic riddles! :mad:

Edited by shefflatic

AH said at the FF that none of the non-league grounds are up to league standard and all would need money spending on them to upgrade to football league standards and said we are looking at lgs 1 and 2 local teams ie bury rochdale.

My guess is we will be ground sharing with Bury whilst our new stadium is being constructed, all to be revealed in May (own guess, just trying to believe smartzatarts info, not seen/heard anything to doubt it so far and the little snippets at the FF were little hints towards what he has said as being ever so slightly plausible)

- I just wish he would come out and say what he knows/believes to be true rather than his criptic riddles! :mad:

I heard a rather crazy rumour the other week from a Bradford fan that there were discussions about sharing there. But never in a million years IMO, how far away is Bradford from Oldham?

I heard a rather crazy rumour the other week from a Bradford fan that there were discussions about sharing there. But never in a million years IMO, how far away is Bradford from Oldham?

Not as close as Halifax or Huddersfield.

Edited by BP1960

FCUM's ground has had council funding withdrawn, so think that might be tricky.

35 miles, about an hour on a good day. THat's nearly Lverpool.

That far away you could start to include Accrington, Warrington, Leigh Sports Village, and nearly Tranmere and Crewe!

Proberly just a missort :grin:

No reason why the joker shouldn't be whoever sent it, though had it been me I'd have thrown a 'Nelson Mandela House' in too.

Is it just me, or can anyone else see a huge increase in copycat "crimes"

Oldham Athletic

c/o Homelessnes and Husing Advice Centre

Housing Options Centre,

1 Medtia Square,

Phoenix Street,

Oldham,

OL1 1AN

Oldham athletic

c/o B&Q

Mumps

Oldham

etc

Is it just me, or can anyone else see a huge increase in copycat "crimes"

Oldham Athletic

c/o Homelessnes and Husing Advice Centre

Housing Options Centre,

1 Medtia Square,

Phoenix Street,

Oldham,

OL1 1AN

Oldham athletic

c/o B&Q

Mumps

Oldham

etc

Oldham Athletic

Sportspark 2012

Sheepfoot Lane

Oldham

OL1 2PA

35 miles, about an hour on a good day. THat's nearly Lverpool.

That far away you could start to include Accrington, Warrington, Leigh Sports Village, and nearly Tranmere and Crewe!

Just as feasible as Bradford is the brand new 20,000 capacity stadium at Salford only 14 miles away.

The Corp would be pleased with that kind of capacity. :wink:

Edited by BP1960

Just as feasible as Bradford is the brand new 20,000 capacity stadium at Salford only 14 miles away.

The Corp would be pleased with that kind of capacity. :wink:

It is only being built to 12,000 initially, with room to expand to 20,000 if the need arises.

And won't be ready in time for August.

That might cause Corp some consternation.

It is only being built to 12,000 initially, with room to expand to 20,000 if the need arises.

And won't be ready in time for August.

That might cause Corp some consternation.

Not if he lives near Salford :wink:

Edited by BP1960