Stoneleigh Park, Derker for new ground?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it still true that in terms of land area, Oldham is the biggest metropolitan borough in the country? The mind boggles.

Doncaster and Wigan are much bigger

the 68th largest district in the UK as a matter of fact

Edited by Tommy_Fent

I'll scotch the rumour about Derker. I've heard about three sites being considered within the Oldham area. I can't reveal them partly because of Deigo's "let's keep it quiet, eh" idea, and partly because I was told in good faith and asked to not reveal what they were.

I'd expect nothing less of you Frankly!

So I am not asking for clues about identity, but do the sites look like they would make most Latics fans happier location wise than Failsworth, and do they back up Smartz's case "we will be alright" ie it won't require huge planning permission hurdles, decontamination issues that would cause such a delay to mean a stay at BP is not viable?

Shall I take my petition link away?!

Edited by singe

FFS! I actually agreed with Diego for once when he said if we hear anything keep it quiet! This'll be in the :censored:ing Evening News tomorrow night….and a protest group formed by weekend. Why can't we simply sit on info until it's official, Failsworth got out too soon and the Chron picked up on it with doom and gloom headlines!

Charming!

I'll scotch the rumour about Derker. I've heard about three sites being considered within the Oldham area. I can't reveal them partly because of Deigo's "let's keep it quiet, eh" idea, and partly because I was told in good faith and asked to not reveal what they were.

So that's spoiled the attempt to get the Derker scare in the local press................or has it? Maybe it's a double bluff. :unsure:

I'd expect nothing less of you Frankly!

So I am not asking for clues about identity, but do the sites look like they would make most Latics fans happier location wise than Failsworth, and do they back up Smartz's case "we will be alright" ie it won't require huge planning permission hurdles, decontamination issues that would cause such a delay to mean a stay at BP is not viable?

Shall I take my petition link away?!

Nothing wrong with the locations, they're all good in that they're comfortably in the Oldham borough. Like I said, I can't reveal anything more but it did sound encouraging, and none of them was Derker.

Nothing wrong with the locations

Would you say that if you were a:

Councillor?

Planner?

NIMBY?

Journalist?

Letter writer to local press?

Charity Commissioner?

Traffic management expert?

Rambler?

Dog walker?

Friend of the Earth?

Conservationist?

Environmentalist?

Decontamination expert?

Green belt protector?

Townscape protector?

Nature conservancy activist?

Bird spotter?

Roughyeds supporter?

ManUre supporter?

Citeh supporter?

Other Greedy League club supporter?

Former Latics supporter who can't be arsed anymore?

:unsure:

there is no way we would be allowed to build on Stoneleigh park anyway (a nice park it is)

there are still people living on Derker, i think the residents of Vulcan Street, Browning road etc would have something to say about it

the old seddon site and the golf course are not near the bottom of the park jazzer

Edited by creepy

Councillor?

Planner?

NIMBY?

Journalist?

Charity Commissioner?

Rambler?

Dog walker?

Friend of the Earth?

Conservationist?

Environmentalist?

Decontamination expert?

Green belt protector?

Townscape protector?

Bird spotter?

Roughyeds supporter?

ManUre supporter?

Citeh supporter?

To be fair my question that Frankly replied to was

"but do the sites look like they would make most Latics fans happier location wise than Failsworth" to which heplied "nothing wrong with the locations".

It was to a specifica question rather than a general comment about the suitability.

Edited by singe

Councillor?

Planner?

NIMBY?

Journalist?

Charity Commissioner?

Rambler?

Dog walker?

Friend of the Earth?

Conservationist?

Environmentalist?

Decontamination expert?

Green belt protector?

Townscape protector?

Bird spotter?

Roughyeds supporter?

ManUre supporter?

Citeh supporter?

There isn't a blade of grass in the whole borough which would have no opposition to building a ground on it. I'm keeping a completely open mind on the matter anyway, I'm completey tired of having our hopes inflated and deflated with regular occurance.

Councillor?

Planner?

NIMBY?

Journalist?

Charity Commissioner?

Rambler?

Dog walker?

Friend of the Earth?

Conservationist?

Environmentalist?

Decontamination expert?

Green belt protector?

Townscape protector?

Bird spotter?

Roughyeds supporter?

ManUre supporter?

Citeh supporter?

Dogger?

Retail developer?

Residential developer?

Planning Officer used to the usual kickbacks?

Corporal_Jones?

Any non-Latics supporting Oldhamer?

:getmecoat:

To be fair my question that Frankly replied to was

"but do the sites look like they would make most Latics fans happier location wise than Failsworth" to which heplied "nothing wrong with the locations".

It was to a specifica question rather than a general comment about the suitability.

I realise how the reply arose, but before anyone gets carried away with the thought that there is nothing wrong with the undisclosed locations, compared to Failsworth, I'm illustrating how most Latics fans' ideal locations are likely to be seen differently by a whole list of others.

I realise how the reply arose, but before anyone gets carried away with the thought that there is nothing wrong with the undisclosed locations, compared to Failsworth, I'm illustrating how most Latics fans' ideal locations are likely to be seen differently by a whole list of others.

No probs. I realised whre you were coming from, but did not want there to be any misunderstandings either

No harm done.

A move to *Any Area in the Borough of Oldham*?

No thanks, that's me not going!

Blah Blah Blah etc...

I say we go for what ever ground we can. Bus connections to Derker are ace, 3 buses (83, Derker bus, Waterhead bus) Plenty of Bus stops around Derker, waterhead and Rippy Road.

We should go for whatever we can get.

A move to *Any Area in the Borough of Oldham*?

No thanks, that's me not going!

Blah Blah Blah etc...

I say we go for what ever ground we can. Bus connections to Derker are ace, 3 buses (83, Derker bus, Waterhead bus) Plenty of Bus stops around Derker, waterhead and Rippy Road.

We should go for whatever we can get.

only the 81 goes to and from Derker, its a 10 minute to get the nearest 83 and a 15/20 minute walk to get the nearest 82

but lets not let that get in the way of people owning cars . .