If you were Dickov...

...how would you motivate the squad between now and the end of the season?

On the back of a terrible run of form with difficult and uninspiring games remaining, no chance of the playoffs and (barring a monumental screw-up) little chance of relegation, what methods would you use to help arrest our slide?

Funny and ludicrous ideas most certainly welcome. :)

On the back of a terrible run of form with difficult and uninspiring games remaining, no chance of the playoffs and (barring a monumental screw-up) little chance of relegation, what methods would you use to help arrest our slide?

Resign - blaming the players for not understanding Scottish!

Little chance of relagation, we need at least 3 wins from our remaining games, next two matches we wont get a point, so the match vs Tranmere becomes massive.

If we lose to Tranmere we are flucked.

Have no idea what Dickov can do, maybe he should play himself and get Gerry to put his boots on aswell.

we keep hearing week in and week out that when we listen and take on board his and the other coaching staffs instructions,do the basics right that we are a good team and a match for anybody...

we keep hearing week in and week out that certain players dont listen and take on board the information they are given....

quite simply play the players who do listen and do do the right things,drop those that dont or wont,,and play the kids,give them a chance and see if there going to be capable of stepping up next season....tell each and everyone of them there playing for there futures and if they dont give 100% in training and games there gone....no room for sentiment and no time to molly coddle them....people may well say we have punched above our weight this season...i personally think we have missed a great oppertunity after being backed once again.....i just hope we can keep paul dickov and his coaching team for next season....hopefully learning from mistakes and pushing on.

we keep hearing week in and week out that when we listen and take on board his and the other coaching staffs instructions,do the basics right that we are a good team and a match for anybody...

we keep hearing week in and week out that certain players dont listen and take on board the information they are given....

quite simply play the players who do listen and do do the right things,drop those that dont or wont,,and play the kids,give them a chance and see if there going to be capable of stepping up next season....tell each and everyone of them there playing for there futures and if they dont give 100% in training and games there gone....no room for sentiment and no time to molly coddle them....people may well say we have punched above our weight this season...i personally think we have missed a great oppertunity after being backed once again.....i just hope we can keep paul dickov and his coaching team for next season....hopefully learning from mistakes and pushing on.

Sod the loanees off

Amos - Apparently his fault today again, if Brill was making the mistakes this lad is now making he'd be flogged in public

White - Shocking again

Tonk - Has been :censored:e for months, 2 goals in 19 games says it all

Trotman - already dropped

Mantom - Looked promising, but no better than our own kids

Team vs Brighton

Brill

Lee

Rubes

Tarky

Black

Jones

Stephens

Furman

Lewi

????

????

Taylor would be nowhere near the team either, the clouds have descended again and he's been :censored: since the Hartlepool game…

The one thing we are not doing is getting bodies into the box, we're forever taking potshots it's paid off twice in EIGHT games, I think we're in a relegation battle and FOUR wins in NINETEEN backs that up….

I'd start playing Jones on the right. Alessandra on the left. Morais up front alongside Tonk. Sell Taylor for £10m.

In the end I suspect the season turned against us because we tried to improve a side that was doing well (alongside Corney's "we're playing on the moon next season" rant). It didn't work.

Get a team that's doing well. Push it to improve itself.

Edited by opinions4u

Sod the loanees off

Amos - Apparently his fault today again, if Brill was making the mistakes this lad is now making he'd be flogged in public

White - Shocking again

Team vs Brighton

Brill

Lee

Rubes

Tarky

Black

Jones

Stephens

Furman

Lewi

????

????

Taylor would be nowhere near the team either, the clouds have descended again and he's been :censored: since the Hartlepool game…

The one thing we are not doing is getting bodies into the box, we're forever taking potshots it's paid off twice in EIGHT games, I think we're in a relegation battle and FOUR wins in NINETEEN backs that up….

agree with that...be interesting to see if smalley comes back next season,he has to be better than tonks feeney and reid...whites gone off the boil since his injury....

were taking pot shots from midfielders because they know even if they thread a pass through there not gonna hit the net.....

time to start blooding the ressies...agree about amos...really gone downhill

Sod the loanees off

White - Shocking again

Team vs Brighton

Brill

Lee

Rubes

Tarky

Black

Jones

Stephens

Furman

Lewi

????

????

Gord said it was a superb strike? And they wasn't sure if it took a deflection? Sounded like Amos made a few decent saves again today.. He's better than Brill and seems like the players have more confidence in Amos than Brill etc..

Team for Brighton:

Amos

Lee

????

????

Black

Jones

Stephens

Furman

Alice

Brooke

Feeney

Left centre backs with question marks because everyone is making mistakes their, didnt go today so dont know how Tarky did which is why not put him into a CB position.. Brooke & Feeney upfront as Tonk not been good recently, Reid looks lazy, Morais will cause Birghton alot more problems if he comes on in something like the 60th minute when their players get slightly tired, Taylor hasn't looked good recently, and that effectively leaves us with two options in Brooke & Feeney.. Unless we start with Brooke & PD?

Sod the loanees off

I still think Amos is infinately better than Brill, I think it is easy to forget how bad he is having (thankfully) not seen him for quite a while.

Do we all honestly think that the season we are having so far was possible after last season?

I am still in hope of a top 10 finish. The main area of concern for me was a goal poacher....we haven't managed to get that missing piece.

JR was asked a question on Friday night which surprised me he said he never believed in having a rage/pissy fit at any player/squad if it all went belly up......it de-motivates.

Yes I get blooming annoyed when we literally drop the ball big style, yes I believe our style of play has been sussed.

My wish is that we can keep PD, his backroom staff and most of the squad even some loan players that we can build upon and really give it a bash next seson.

Oh yes and all mess up with where we are going to to play gets sorted too

Different angles can tell a different story. Still shocked at his performance last Tuesday.

Amos made one of the best saves I have seen all season yesterday in the fist half, and he couldn't have done anything with the goal - was dead in line with it, and it swerved so much that most people thought it had been deflected.

Amos is a million miles better than Brill. Again, he's only a kid though and will get better. Unfortunately that will more than likely be at a club with higher standing than us.

Intrigued to see this hammering of Taylor. Yes he was innefective, but at least he put a shift in, eevn white tried and ran his socks off. I'd be more inclined to look at Morais. I'm sorry, but he is pointless window dressing (especially away from home) when we are playing as badly as this. Get Jones back in the midfield and get some solidity back... we need to start doing the basics right again.

Amos made 5 or 6 very good saves yesterday, and i too thought their goal must have been deflected, from the angle where we were sat.

We maybe had only 2 or 3 shots in the whole game.

Kieran Lee was ok, Traky did wha he needed to do,Amos made some good saves, and apart from that the rest were poor.

Tounkare eeeds to be rested, and it says a lot for the other so called strikers on the bench that Dickov brought Trotman on and put him and Tarky up front , rather than bring a sub striker on.

Brighton at home could be a cricket score, but you never know , it may be one of these where they should win big, and we scrape it 1-0 to end our dismal run, but I wouldn't put more than a fiver on that, of your money.

:unsure: