Sunderland Fan In Peace

Hello latics, just popping in to see if there was any news on our two lads you've got on loan? How are they performing? Do you think they'd ever make it in the Premier League?

I've seen M'voto a few times, and he doesn't get me that excited. Whereas Tounkara is a bit of an unknown quantity.

Are both looking to like they will be playing this evening against Tranmere?

Cheers.

Hello latics, just popping in to see if there was any news on our two lads you've got on loan? How are they performing? Do you think they'd ever make it in the Premier League?

I've seen M'voto a few times, and he doesn't get me that excited. Whereas Tounkara is a bit of an unknown quantity.

Cheers.

Hello,

I would say that neither of the 2 lads would really end up playing in the Prem. Big Jean has been a great signing so far although needed a few matches to warm up he since looked the business being very dominant in the air and even chipping in with a couple of gaols with Dickov preferring a big man in the box in the dying moments of games rather than pulling on a striker. His lay off coincided with our run of bad form although a number of factors (footballing and non footballing perhaps) seem to have contributed to this his absence has certainly been felt. 8/10 for me and certainly capable at Championship level.

Oumare has perhaps flattered to deceive at times. At first he also struggled but with more games his awareness and touch improved along with his hold up play and although getting a reasonable return has never really carried any momentum. Our lack of a natural goalscorer and perhaps a partner for Oumare has been our downfall and perhaps reflected in his own game which coinciding with the teams lack of form and inability to score goals has stuttered. The standout performance was vs Huddersfield with him being described as the 'Human Wrecking Ball' but recent perfomances have been lacklustre at best. Still a young lad though and would surely consider his 1st full season a success. I'd give hime a 6/10 which would have been closer to 7-7.5 if earlier form had continued. Would no doubt have benefitted from a more settled strike partner. I see him being league 1/lower champs perhaps

Cheers.

M'voto - Takes him a few games to get going, but once going he is one the better defenders in the league. Dominant in the air, he's like usain bolt compared to Rubes, Todd and Trotman, and is a threat in the opposition box (2 headed goals so far) and is often chucked up for the last 10 minutes if we need goals. Probably end up as decent championship player.

Tounkara - If he improves his finishing and his first touch then i reckon he'll make it into a bottom / low-mid half prem team, if not then probably championship standard. Big and strong, prefers the ball to chest rather than head, can bulldoze through anyone when he gets going especially with his trademark chin run. Offers plenty of chasing and isn't afford to mix it about, but has gone off the boil recently - mostly when M'voto went back to you's when he sustained his injury, hopefully M'voto back will see Tonk return to his early season form for our run in.

Tounkara has turned from a rough diamond in to a sack of spuds.

That's actually disappointing given the start he made. He scored 7 in 24 and looked like he could only improve. Then his form dropped badly at the same time M'Voto got injured.

At the moment he's not even a League one player. Before Christmas I'd have said he'd easily make it in the Championship because he could only improve. His main weaknesses are composure in front of goal and a dramatic inability to jump more than 2 inches off the ground.

M'Voto? Never going to be a Premier League centre back. Somewhere between Championship and League One.

Still, I'd like them both on the books at BP next season.

Edited by opinions4u

Tounkara has turned from a rough diamond in to a sack of spuds.

Yeah, I think his first full season is starting to take its toll. Don't forget he's played a lot of football this season, and I he's starting to get fatigued. He's still a young lad, despite his physique and before this season had only played reserve games really. Certainly shown enough over the first half of this season to suggest he has a bright future, and composure in the box will come with time and experience.

Unrelated to the two Sunderland lads, but I thought Taylor started showing his experience particularly in the first half tonight and especially when he used his body to keep back the more physical Goodison to engineer a goalscoring chance for a teammate.

Folks are being too harsh on the boys. They were both key players when we were good. Tonk is clearly feeling the pace, he's a young lad who has run his arse off, and he has had precious little support recently. No wonder he is :censored:ed. Big John has done nowt wrong for us in his first season. Championship stopper.

Cheers.

Generally they have both done okay, especially for young players, Mvoto has spent a couple of months out injured but is back playing now.

TBH they have no chance of becoming Premiership players but will certainly make a living at League 1 and possibly Championship level given their age.

Big Jean? For me; up there with best CB's in our division - Morrison at Swindon, Clarke at Hudds and Fonte at Saints - Big Jean is right in with that lot for me.

Dominant in the air, not shabby at all with the ball at his feet, pacey and good awareness.....he has a bright future - and I think he could easily make the step up to the Championship next season.....the Prem isn't a pipe dream for him; Baptiste at 'Pool has, what; 25 Prem games to his name now and I really don't a difference between the 2 of them.

As for Tonk - like LL has said - his 1st full season of 'big boy' football has caught up with him. He has run himself into the ground for us; and long term this season will have been the making of him.

He is a good way of Prem level; a good way away - but another season in L1 (hopefully with us?) Should see him kick-on. Long term; I think he could make a fist of it at a championship club; but the Prem is out of his reach.

To the OP - have you any more 'gems' in your reserves? Noble was name some on here were linking us with; have you anymore young talent we could borrow next season (assuming we are actually still going next season!!)

tounkare - league/ champ player

mvoto - easily championship/ lower prem player.

Tounkara - League 2/League 1

M'Voto - League 1

I might be harsh in my judgement but Tounkara won't be a championship player anytime soon, simply not good enough! and M'Voto i can't see doing that well at a higher level, he's not that good being honest!

Na they are both :censored:...

Sorry no one had said it yet I just wanted to restore balance to OWTB

Tonk has a chance of making it in the Champ IMO

M'voto to although his lack of judgement and pace may hold him back

As said above Id love to build a team around them next year but cant see it happening

For me, I find Tounkara a very frustrating player. He can run through brick walls....trouble is he then trips over a daisy once he is on the other side! His shooting abilities are abysmal for such a big lad. Kind of makes Geoff Thomas's abysymal miss for England v France almost like a decent effort!

As for M'voto, I've been impressed with him. Think he can definitely do a decent job in the Championship and he has the attributes to cause problems in the opposition penalty box as well. Doubt either would make the Premier League TBH!

Definitely not Prem quality, but i'm sure Dickov will be looking to sign Mvoto in the summer if he can. I'd be delighted to see that happen. He's one of those we should be looking to build a promotion capable team around.

Tounkara i'm mixed on. I'd like him signed, but only if we can get a goalscoring partner for him. He may improve with time, and i'd hate to see him sign for someone else and suddenly turn into an all action 20 goal a season striker. I get the feeling it could happen. Although he needs to change his body language judging by what I saw from him when the cameras were focused on him on Monday.

A sports psychologist maybe?

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills