Chris Taylor

I would say unless our financial position improves before the next season and with bids being turned down in January

It looks more likely that Taylor will be moving in the summer.

I believe overall he is the most talented player we have at the club and I really hope he stays for a while longer yet

But my question is

Would you class Chris Taylor as an Oldham Athletic Legend?

210 appearances 28 goals and counting (taken from wiki so could be wrong)

He's a legend in the same sense as, say, Nick Henry for me. A quality player, integral to the team, passionate about the club, but there are better individual players in our history.

you cant dispute that there are far better players in our history - better than him that dont get classed as legends

but David Eyres is classed as a legend by some on here , why not Taylor?

approx same amount of years at the club , similar appearance and goal records aswell

you cant dispute that there are far better players in our history - better than him that dont get classed as legends

but David Eyres is classed as a legend by some on here , why not Taylor?

approx same amount of years at the club , similar appearance and goal records aswell

He's not far off it for me. But there have been spells where he's been ineffectual and petulant - lacking Eyres' consistency and ultra-professionalism - and I don't quite see him in the same way as Holden or Groves.

Sry but chris taylor is no legend yet based on the legend eyres who hardly had a bad game was the best freekick taker, crosser, corner taker, dribbler and had a perfect shot on him.

Know for taylor is just a one trick pony you take that out of him wat else has he to offer ;/ I would have David Eyres over taylor any day the stuff he did and effort in games makes him SUPER LEGEND.

Legend is questionable at this present moment in time but he's one of us.

Absolutely loves the club and was totally professional when asked by Sky last night whether the team has been affected by wages being paid late. Take a look at his reaction (his eyes and body language) to the question before he answered - more fan than player - as the question was criticising his club. Appreciate he had to be diplomatic but he looked genuinely hurt and uncomfortable over the comment.

Also, last night he was the centre of everything and well worth the MOM alongside Morais. He's passionate about the club and tries to drive the team forward. OK, it's on a totally different level but he's similar to Beckham and England.

I for one would miss him if we decided to cash in on him.

A footballing legend maybe not but definitely a club legend in the making.

Can anyone come up with a Latics supporting Latics XI?

Could you define Stitch, Shez, Eyresy and Kilkenny as "fans"? All four have a close affinity to the club and return to watch us play. You could probably, at a stretch, add Pogs. What about some of the youth players?

Can only think of four but two of these are doubtful - Scholes and Taylor definitely but Mark Robins and David Platt?

Someone probably has a list alongside celebrity fans. Trivia - can you name 10 celebrity fans i.e. publicly recognised and open about their devotion to the club rather than some reality star or pop star who jumped on the wagon when we played the semi-finals and finals on TV and the Man City v Oldham game on BBC (Mark *cough* Owen)

Could you define Stitch, Shez, Eyresy and Kilkenny as "fans"? All four have a close affinity to the club and return to watch us play.

I'll never forget the night we sat in the RRE listening to 'experts' telling us about the benefits of forming a Trust. Stitch turned up after the meeting had started and apologised for being in his work clothes - a Leeds United tracksuit, which he had not had time to change. In spite of his feelings for Leeds, ManUre and Brighton, he has shown over the years that he's a genuine Latics supporter.

If Cooksey can become a legend by dying even though he was :censored:e then I think a local lad who plays his heart out for the club should be classed as one. On more than one occasion he could have joined big clubs and turned them down because he wanted to get Latics back in the championship.

If Cooksey can become a legend by dying even though he was :censored:e then I think a local lad who plays his heart out for the club should be classed as one. On more than one occasion he could have joined big clubs and turned them down because he wanted to get Latics back in the championship.

It's a fantastic point, but one that is bound to get shot down.

But I'm with you brother.

Eddie Hopkinson

Andy Barlow

Mike Flynn

Ian Greaves

Keith Hicks

Paul Scholes

Walter Joyce

Les Chapman

Billy Dearden

Andy Ritchie

Chris Taylor

Subs:

Fred Ogden

Billy Hilton

Paul Edwards

Add Andrew Driver to that list - he plays for Hearts now.