Jason Lowe

Great post? Why because he happens to agree with you. :lol:

Who are these Jones haters? I presume you mean people expressing an opinion on a player from what they have seen of him, who don't agree with you and happen to think he's the answer to all our current crap none scoring playing problems.

Dickov also seems to agree and at the end of the day his is the only opinion that really matters.

Be careful you don't get accused of being a Lowe/Mantom hater, its a fine line.

Oi you; stop stealing my thunder – someone said one of my posts was great – I was going to print that off & frame it; but now you’ve gone & ruined it! Boo you Sir, boo you!! :wink:

On this; just to confirm my view more; basically - my thoughts are that this move for Lowe seems to be a “waste”; both from financial & playing POV’s. The scenario would seem to me that Lowe has come in; and in doing so; has taken the place of the player most likely to have filled the gap in CM; Jones, a salaried contracted OAFC player. Now, say Lowe does ‘alright’ from now until the end of the season; in that he huffs & puffs in the centre of the park; gets his foot on the ball but doesn’t in the grand scheme of things massively pull up any trees – what is the difference between someone else’s kid doing that for us; and one of our own players??

If he (Lowe) does the above; it’s likely to show Blackburn that he can ‘cope’ with L1 football – and i bet he’ll be out on loan again next year – but there is absolutely no guarantee that that will be with us is there? We’re blooding a youngster for someone else at the expense of a senior player of ours; or even one of our own youngsters in Abalimba.

Jones could have come in and to play the role and TBH; it could have gone either way couldn’t it? I’m not for one moment building up Jones to be a saviour player of some sort; but i just get the feeling that we’re never going to know with him are we? He could have come in and done really well, set up a few goals; scored a few, played the box-to-box role and show what he is capable of etc. Or he could have been ‘meh’ in the role and just sort of ‘been there’.

My point is though that either way we would have known for next season (wishful I know!) – whereas as it appears to be working out; we’re still going to none-the-wiser on Jones; whilst we blood Blackburns young load.

Strange for me; that’s all.

Oi you; stop stealing my thunder – someone said one of my posts was great – I was going to print that off & frame it; but now you’ve gone & ruined it! Boo you Sir, boo you!! :wink:

Sorry about that.

On Jones, it seems to me that Dickov doesn't rate him TBH or Alessandra for that matter.

He has brought in succession of young loan players to avoid playing him/them.

We will probably never find out if he could do a job in the centre of midfield alongside Furman. :unsure:

If your face does not fit then you have to move on. Jones is still young, but if a club no longer want you its better to move on at the end of the season. It happens in football.

All clubs have ex players who have left for one reason or another and some have done well.

If he does well elsewhere thats the chance you take.

All i was saying is that it seems he hasnt been given a chance to prove to the fans what he can offer.

One poster mentions the Exeter game, when it is common knowledge that we as a team have the worse second half record in the division as stated on sky sports.

Sorry about that.

On Jones, it seems to me that Dickov doesn't rate him TBH or Alessandra for that matter.

He has brought in succession of young loan players to avoid playing him/them.

We will probably never find out if he could do a job in the centre of midfield alongside Furman. :unsure:

i agree it seems dickov doesn't rate jones but do you not find it strange seeing as dickov was the one who signed him,something is going on here that we know nothing about.

i agree it seems dickov doesn't rate jones but do you not find it strange seeing as dickov was the one who signed him,something is going on here that we know nothing about.

I have a feeling it is attitude. He had a bust up on the pitch with taylor a couple of weeks ago.it was quickly played down. But who knows what goes on off the pitch.

I agree that we have some unnecessary loanees at the moment especially given our current dire cashflow situation.

I thought Jones looked okay early in the season, but his performances gradually deteriorated for me and I particularly remember him coming on at home to Exeter when we were 3-0 up and we drew 3-3, not entirely down to him of course but he didn't have a clue what he was doing when he came on and that memory of him has really stuck with me since.

The player I would like to see back in the first team is Alessandra who like Jones looked good in the early part of the season, until he got injured, I have read reports on here from some that Alessandra isn't a good trainer, so that might explain why he appears to be out of favour with Dickov.

How can we account though for the absence in the squad of Abalimba ?...described after one match by Lee Duxbury as 'worked his socks off'

How can we account though for the absence in the squad of Abalimba ?...described after one match by Lee Duxbury as 'worked his socks off'

if he played for another club he'd be staright into the starting 11, but because he's ours were not arsed