2. 2. PFA young candidates

• Samir Nasri
    • Gareth Bale
    • Javier Hernandez
    • Nani
    • Jack Wilshere
    • Seamus Coleman
    • Joe Hart

Parker because I want his hair but mine's too curly. No one that cool should be overlooked. Not to mention he's been :censored: hot this year and if United don't replace Carrick with him they're mental.

Hernandez because his scoring rate is astonishing. 17 goals in 35 games this season for his first season in the league and at 22. That's some achievement.

Doesn't this get voted for in February? So is really player of Aug-Feb.

In which case I've gone for Bale and Bale. I think Hernandez and Berbatov have been quite unlucky not to get nominated for the senior player award. If this was trying to pick who will win then I would have probably gone for Parker and Bale or Bale and Hernandez

Doesn't this get voted for in February? So is really player of Aug-Feb.

In which case I've gone for Bale and Bale. I think Hernandez and Berbatov have been quite unlucky not to get nominated for the senior player award. If this was trying to pick who will win then I would have probably gone for Parker and Bale or Bale and Hernandez

Adam and Hernandez

Adam and Wilshere. Tempted to go for Coleman though, 'cos he is quality.

If Blackpool stay up, its pretty much entirely because of Adam. The fact that they are even in with a shout of it is astonishing, and a much bigger achievement than anything any of them on that list have done this year.

Parker because I want his hair but mine's too curly. No one that cool should be overlooked. Not to mention he's been :censored: hot this year and if United don't replace Carrick with him they're mental.

He has played for a big club already in his career and wasnt good enough. Plus he is cracking on a bit. And they won't be looking to replace Carrick anyway.

He has played for a big club already in his career and wasnt good enough.

Hmmm. I'm not too sure. It's difficult to say with any certainty, as Chelsea just snapped up anyone and everyone at that point. I think it was a poor move on his part and likely one that he regrets now.

Carrick has been a vastly superior footballer to Parker over the length of their careers. Both had a :censored: period when moving to a big club, Carrick would have got over his sooner but he was knacked all the time.

As someone who watches most United games (two of

my best mates are Reds) I can say with confidence that Carrick is one of the worst midfielders they've had in the last 10 years.

He only has a short lateral pass in him and the number of times he gets even that wrong is astonishing. Him and Gibson together the other day at WestHam was hilarious. They were relying on Vidic and Smalling to play the long diagonal as neither of the central two would pass forwards. They both missed sitters too!

United desperately need a commanding midfielder as nothing they have at the moment does the job, aside from Giggs and Scholes and they're all but retired now.

As someone who watches most United games (two of

my best mates are Reds) I can say with confidence that Carrick is one of the worst midfielders they've had in the last 10 years.

He only has a short lateral pass in him and the number of times he gets even that wrong is astonishing. Him and Gibson together the other day at WestHam was hilarious. They were relying on Vidic and Smalling to play the long diagonal as neither of the central two would pass forwards. They both missed sitters too!

United desperately need a commanding midfielder as nothing they have at the moment does the job, aside from Giggs and Scholes and they're all but retired now.

United need cock all at the moment. You are talking absolute b*****ks. 7 points clear in the premier league. Semi Final of the cup. Upper hand in the quarter final of the CL. United are lacking for nothing. I watch Oldham Athletic every week... I can show you a team which is lacking. United are lacking for nowt...and Carrick plays in most games. Carrick has played in 36 games this year. Of which United have lost a whopping 3. Ferguson has just given him an extended deal. If he was one of the worst midfielders they have had in the last 10 years (ala Kleberson) then he wouldn't have extended his deal.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

United need cock all at the moment. You are talking absolute b*****ks. 7 points clear in the premier league. Semi Final of the cup. Upper hand in the quarter final of the CL. United are lacking for nothing. I watch Oldham Athletic every week... I can show you a team which is lacking. United are lacking for nowt...and Carrick plays in most games. Carrick has played in 36 games this year. Of which United have lost a whopping 3. Ferguson has just given him an extended deal. If he was one of the worst midfielders they have had in the last 10 years (ala Kleberson) then he wouldn't have extended his deal.

Sorry, I lost track of this thread :D I think Dave hits on a fair point though... it's almost like saying that Park was signed for shirt sales, yet the little bugger keeps cropping up doing key jobs in crucial games, very well. Carrick is one of a few English players who could think about playing in a Spanish system (national team, Barca), happy to receive a pass and move it on when required, making an incisive pass when able. Shock horror intelligent positional defending also goes some way to mitigating the need for savage hacking tackles. The only English player I can think of who could fully adapt to the current Spanish system is Scholes, and he might have to give some thought to the tackles, but Carrick is in that vein.

I think it is fair to say that the Premiership is lacking some of the quality it had a couple of years ago. So while I agree with you to an extent (although the anger is some what not required) I think they will need to strengthen their squad in the coming seasons (Presuming the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool will get stronger) and I don't think they are good enough to win the Champions League with the current squad.

Edited by oafc0000