Latics Player 'Sent Home'

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Dean Kelly told a taxi driver who told me that his stay at Oldham ended becuase of "broken promises" - probably irrelevant to the bullying angle of things, but thought I'd throw it in anyway).

I'm wondering whether to file this post under 'rumour', 'scaremongering', 'unverified account', 'misinformation', 'disinformation', 'trolling' or ':censored:-stirring'. :unsure:

I thought Butler was a scout? And i cant see it being Dux hes been here for years now and never heard of this from him before now

Yep, ans we all know Taggart will defend his players to the hilt.

So it cannot be him, er, maybe.

Taggert is clearly the Bad Cop to Dickovs good cop.

And I find it hard to bleive they have not been shouted at before Taggert came along in their careers

I'm wondering whether to file this post under 'rumour', 'scaremongering', 'unverified account', 'misinformation', 'disinformation', 'trolling' or ':censored:-stirring'. :unsure:

Actually, my wording is incorrect. It should begin with:

"A taxi driver told me that Dean Kelly told him ...." to represent a true account of the conversation.

(It fits many of the criteria you suggest though)

Edited by opinions4u

i have said it,the person isnt liked full stop.what effect this will have in the future if any remains to be seen hopefully none

You've said nothing.

You've hinted at it, a personal opinion.

You have not given a shread of proof.

How many have you heard it off?

Probably only one. Who porbably told you everyone thinks it, if he indeed told you directly.

Well he would say that wouldn't he.

I am willing to be my house that the persoon who told you, if it was direct, has never told the person you are referring to to his face.

now you see why they had to put there version on os because people like you take it as true

But footballers are bitches nowadays . If they don't get what they want they will throw a tantrum. He did the same at full time at mk dons started fighting Taylor. Just little bitch jones is and needs telling.

They will probably pay him off and put a clause in his contract that he isnt allowed to refer to the matter, and then you will never find out the players view of what happened. Indicating it was due to being dropped is laughable as he is possible the most dropped player. So why would this one occasion make any difference.

But footballers are bitches nowadays . If they don't get what they want they will throw a tantrum. He did the same at full time at mk dons started fighting Taylor. Just little bitch jones is and needs telling.

Are you inferring that a senior coach is a bitch? I'd like to see you say that to his face !

I had forgotten that thread after the exeter game, and think it is about time Mr Tibbs let up know his real thoughts about Jones' complicity in the smuggling of leg shackles to dictatorial regimes in pub saharan africa and his late night habit of stealing flowers from graveyards.

Actually, my wording is incorrect. It should begin with:

"A taxi driver told me that Dean Kelly told him ...." to represent a true account of the conversation.

(It fits many of the criteria you suggest though)

Also been told that Feeney's relationship with the management team broke down a long time ago.

When you look at the players, Feeney, Kelly and Jones, all were signed by Dickov but none of which were given a real chance, then maybe you have to look at our glorious infallible manager himself to see if that's where the problem lies.

I should think one of the most difficult things for a rookie manager to learn in lower league football is how to work with and get the best out of the players he ends up with rather than the ones he wanted.

Plus he has to learn exactly what type of player he wants and which characteristics work well and which don't - and generally speaking the only way to learn that is through trial and error.

Most experienced managers would be happy with a successful signing ratio of 50%, I think we should be grateful if Dickov's is better than one in three.

He is a idiot just because he wasn't picked he threw a tantrum and stormed away. Release the little bitch ! Don't need players like that!

Warnock's the biggest :censored: of a bully ever, but the players of Scarborough, Notts County Twice, Huddersfield, Plymouth, Sheff Utd and QPR have had no problem with it.

I do feel a bit sorry for Jones as he really has been pissed about, the fact you're playing one week then being overlooked for teenage loanees probably states that he has no future here, shame really because with him and Lewi out wide we looked a good side, compact and didn't give a lot away. Every football coach i've ever had was a loudmouth bully, players are pampered soft arses now even in the 3rd Division. Does Jones think people like Gus Poyet, Keith Hill, Lee Clark etc don't bollock their players?

Edited by oafcprozac

Also been told that Feeney's relationship with the management team broke down a long time ago.

When you look at the players, Feeney, Kelly and Jones, all were signed by Dickov but none of which were given a real chance, then maybe you have to look at our glorious infallible manager himself to see if that's where the problem lies.

M'Voto apart his signings have been less than average, big summer coming up for Dickov, as I say :censored:e budget or not but carry our 1 in 15 form into the new season and serious questions should be asked of him and his ability to stop the rot….

I should think one of the most difficult things for a rookie manager to learn in lower league football is how to work with and get the best out of the players he ends up with rather than the ones he wanted.

Plus he has to learn exactly what type of player he wants and which characteristics work well and which don't - and generally speaking the only way to learn that is through trial and error.

Most experienced managers would be happy with a successful signing ratio of 50%, I think we should be grateful if Dickov's is better than one in three.

Did Dickov not say he had been watching/after Jones as soon as he got the job? Or something along those lines?

Warnock's the biggest :censored: of a bully ever, but the players of Scarborough, Notts County Twice, Huddersfield, Plymouth, Sheff Utd and QPR have had no problem with it.

I do feel a bit sorry for Jones as he really has been pissed about, the fact you're playing one week then being overlooked for teenage loanees probably states that he has no future here, shame really because with him and Lewi out wide we looked a good side, compact and didn't give a lot away. Every football coach i've ever had was a loudmouth bully, players are pampered soft arses now even in the 3rd Division. Does Jones think people like Gus Poyet, Keith Hill, Lee Clark etc don't bollock their players?

I'm sure Jones is well aware that all manager's bollock players - he's played for the main man when it comes to dishing out bollockings in football!! the manner in which these things are done could possibly be questioned.

Was it October that he was done for drink driving? You can understand management being a bit dischuffed with a senior pro setting that example to a young squad.

When you look at the players, Feeney, Kelly and Jones, all were signed by Dickov but none of which were given a real chance

I think Jones was given a fair crack, although I'd agree he's been surprisingly overlooked on occasions when a recall looked possible. But then he has had three fairly public issues (one at half time at BP when he was "chucked out", MK Dons and now this). Although not a regular starter Kelly was a well used sub. I don't recall him ever changing a game. As for Feeney, lack of fitness, international call ups and a drink driving conviction don't make you popular.

then maybe you have to look at our glorious infallible manager himself to see if that's where the problem lies.

I think we all see Dickov isn't infallible. Many other managers would have been sacked during the recent bad run. But he's shown real promise earlier in the season and perhaps this poor form will be the making of him. If he'd been an experienced manager he'd have rightly received more stick. Let's see how / if he learns from his mistakes next season.

So they drove him all the way to Yeovil, just to tell him his behaviour is unacceptable to go home.

Like putting the story on the official website, don't think that really helps anyone.

Wouldn't it have been better to tell him to stay at home before the team set off to Yeovil and have a meeting about it on Monday morning?

So they drove him all the way to Yeovil, just to tell him his behaviour is unacceptable to go home.

Like putting the story on the official website, don't think that really helps anyone.

Wouldn't it have been better to tell him to stay at home before the team set off to Yeovil and have a meeting about it on Monday morning?

Eh? it happened at the training ground at Bristol. They didn't know he was going to spit his dummy out before they set off.

He was only being told he was a sub. Nothing else. He took it badly