We are finally safe with that draw. Great news!

Wouldn't have mattered how we had done with both Bristol and Dagenham losing but it's great to finally be safe.

The hard work starts now Dickov. Get rid of the players who haven't got the stomach for a fight, there's been a few over the last few months. The team was 2 minutes away from some slating today.

I'm not happy with our form and performances at the end of the season. Not good enough!

Here's to a summer of reflection and positivity as we build towards the 2011/12 season, new arrivals, new start.

Come on Oldham!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy decisions to make CLEAR OUT ANYONE PD thinks has not contributed, oh FEENEY.. get rid QUICKLY not worked out fact didnt want to be in area crucial. Yes Warren you have been "RUBBISH" bye....

Then onwards and upwards. Trotters big decline .... sadly.

feeney will go,been :censored:e....

moraise will go

trotman,jones,evina will go.....

think he will fight to keep mvoto,and lowe...

be intesting to see if southampton turn stephens loan into full time signing,we need the cash...

big clear out i think..dont think smalley will come back to us,likes it too much down there with shez....

moraise will go

think he will fight to keep mvoto,and lowe...

be intesting to see if southampton turn stephens loan into full time signing,we need the cash...

big clear out i think..dont think smalley will come back to us,likes it too much down there with shez....

I think Smalley is out of contract with us in the Summer, no doubt he will come back to haunt us next year/

moraise will go

Who's going to take Feeney? Got another year on his contract, I think.

If there's the finance, I hope we offer Morais, Evina, Reid, Brill, Mvoto and probably Hazell (as a squad player) new contracts.

Trotman (unfortunately) and Jones (not so unfortunately) will go.

Think the most crucial thing over the summer is (as well as signing a striker) is for Dickov to come up with an effective Plan B with regards to tactics. The other teams in this league have sussed us - we can't continue into next season like we've finished this one.

Who's going to take Feeney? Got another year on his contract, I think.

If there's the finance, I hope we offer Morais, Evina, Reid, Brill, Mvoto and probably Hazell (as a squad player) new contracts.

Trotman (unfortunately) and Jones (not so unfortunately) will go.

Think the most crucial thing over the summer is (as well as signing a striker) is for Dickov to come up with an effective Plan B with regards to tactics. The other teams in this league have sussed us - we can't continue into next season like we've finished this one.

Dickov has been clueless for over three months, I don't want to be a prophet of doom, but unless he learns and quick this run will continue into next season….

Edited by oafcprozac

We need to keep Morais. He didn't play well today really, but he was the only one who actually move forward with the ball rather than look for the nearest pass. He's the sort of player I'd want in my team, he can make things happen from a flash and in a team playing well he'll shine. Considering Evina was an Arsenal reserve he certainly doesn't run down the line with the ball a lot y'know, the way Arsenal full backs are taught to. I'd still keep him. Reid we have an option to extend anyway if I recall. Probably won't be able to afford Trotters but would love to keep him, same goes for Mvoto. Feeney will be hard to get rid of unless we have a clause in his contract. I think Hazell's time has passed, probably be on a decent wage as well. Brill, I've generally liked but his time is up as well. I have no idea what's happening with Stephens, whether it be Southampton or not I don't think he'll be playing for us next season. I'd like Smalley to get a new deal, no doubt he'll be offered one just so we are entitled to compensation but Shez has nurtured him all the way through his career, he'll more than likely sign with Chesterfield.

Next season begins against Swindon. Thanks to White and Lowe, but with nothing to play for I don't see any point in playing either of them ahead of our own players/youth, unless they're prospective signings for next season, which Lowe won't be and I don't want White.

Edited by PlayItLivo

We need to keep Morais. He didn't play well today really, but he was the only one who actually move forward with the ball rather than look for the nearest pass. He's the sort of player I'd want in my team, he can make things happen from a flash and in a team playing well he'll shine. Considering Evina was an Arsenal reserve he certainly doesn't run down the line with the ball a lot y'know, the way Arsenal full backs are taught to. I'd still keep him. Reid we have an option to extend anyway if I recall. Probably won't be able to afford Trotters but would love to keep him, same goes for Mvoto. Feeney will be hard to get rid of unless we have a clause in his contract. I think Hazell's time has passed, probably be on a decent wage as well. Brill, I've generally liked but his time is up as well. I have no idea what's happening with Stephens, whether it be Southampton or not I don't think he'll be playing for us next season. I'd like Smalley to get a new deal, no doubt he'll be offered one just so we are entitled to compensation but Shez has nurtured him all the way through his career, he'll more than likely sign with Chesterfield.

Next season begins against Swindon. Thanks to White and Lowe, but with nothing to play for I don't see any point in playing either of them ahead of our own players/youth, unless they're prospective signings for next season, which Lowe won't be and I don't want White.

Should have gone back to Leeds weeks so, rapidly becoming the new Phil Starbuck as in he's :censored:ing useless and a massive bottler….

Agree with this. At Swindon, Brooke, Leta, Winchester and Black should all start.

Also, Lewis should be given 90 minutes in both remaining games as a make-or-break opportunity for him to justify a new contract.

Edited by JoeP

Easy decisions to make CLEAR OUT ANYONE PD thinks has not contributed, oh FEENEY.. get rid QUICKLY not worked out fact didnt want to be in area crucial. Yes Warren you have been "RUBBISH" bye....

Then onwards and upwards. Trotters big decline .... sadly.

feeney had a good game! Reid was awful, he didnt get going at all! Tounkara must have been pissing himself!

Dickov has been clueless for over three months, I don't want to be a prophet of doom, but unless he learns and quick this run will continue into next season….

has he really been so clueless or has he just had to admit with the players at his disposal there is not a lot to change a game????

id have preffered lewi to start today instead of feeney...but when you havent got much or many players to bring on to change games your a bit snookered...he did ok up till crimbo then the 5 weeks off knackered us up....

feeney had a good game! Reid was awful, he didnt get going at all! Tounkara must have been pissing himself!

I thought Feeney did ok too, but what can you do with the lump it tactics? We're clueless on the field and even more clueless on the touchline.

has he really been so clueless or has he just had to admit with the players at his disposal there is not a lot to change a game????

id have preffered lewi to start today instead of feeney...but when you havent got much or many players to bring on to change games your a bit snookered...he did ok up till crimbo then the 5 weeks off knackered us up....

We've had far worse squads and teams than this Ed, yet never gone on a run of 1 win in 17 in the 25 years i've been going, and believe me I have seen some :censored:e. Questions need to be asked because that was :censored:ing dire today and it has been for months….except for an odd pot-shot.

We've scored one goal in open play inside the box in over three months WTF is he doing with them in training and in his team talks? And YET again we had M'Voto up front and hoofing it instead of a Plan B. Will someone tell the clueless Scottish pixie it worked ONCE against NINE :censored:ing men!!!! AND STILL the out form loanees get in before OUR lads, WHY????????

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Edited by oafcprozac

feeney = woeful as always

TARKOWSKI MOTM!

next season - keep (if possible) Reid, morais, evina, alessandra, m'voto, black, tounkara (needs someone alongside and will be better after a pre-season and this year in general)

release - hazell, brill, feeney, jones, white, lowe, brooke, todd, trotman not sure if i've missed others out.

Anyway, squad for next year:

GK

Lee M'voto CB Evina

Morais Furman CM (assume stephens gone) LW (assume taylor is gone)

Reid ST

rest: GK, Tarkowski, Black, Winchester, Millar, Alessandra, Tounkara, Bemebo-Leta, Hughes, another CM, another CB, another ST

Squad of 22/23, most of them kids but with the budget we have if the 'Another's' can be mid 20's with some experience then I think we can do OK.

Edited by shefflatic

TARKOWSKI MOTM!

next season - keep (if possible) Reid, morais, evina, alessandra, m'voto, black, tounkara (needs someone alongside and will be beter after a pre-season and this year in general)

release - hazell, brill, feeney, jones, white, lowe, brooke, todd, trotman not sure if i've missed others out.

GK

Lee M'voto CB Evina

Morais Furman CM (assume stephens gone) LW

Reid ST

rest: GK, Tarkowski, Black, Winchester, Millar, Alessandra, Tounkara, Bemebo-Leta, Hughes, another CM, another CB, another ST

Squad of 22/23, most of them kids but with the budget we have if the 'Another's' can be mid 20's with some experience then I think we can do OK.

Thought Feeney put a decent shift in today - more than Reid did anyway. But agree he's been poor all season and would get rid if possible. Not convinced by Reid at all - he looks at least a stone overweight and is prone to be lazy.

Another dismal performance but at least the point keeps us up.

Only players i would keep from today ,

Winchester , Evina , Mvoto, Furman , Lee , Tarkowski ,

Unfortunately Feeney has another 12 months to go ,

My Granny is 82 and could possibly replace Reid but may not last the full season !!

White & Lowe can go back.

I don't know what the contract situation is with Jones but lets hope it's up this year as well and cart him off.

We have let better players go in O'Grady , Davies , Allot etc and PD has got some very serious thinking ahead of him.

What's worrying most is that when he signed Reid he said he was a player he has been watching all season and hoping he would become available , god help us if that's the quality of players he is looking at !!!!!

Some great games next season with the teams coming into our league lets hope PD can put together a team worthy of giving them a decent game.

Edited by losesome

Thought Feeney put a decent shift in today - more than Reid did anyway. But agree he's been poor all season and would get rid if possible. Not convinced by Reid at all - he looks at least a stone overweight and is prone to be lazy.

thought Reid was decent today, did well with what he was given and tried hard on his own when we had 10 men - feeney hitting the crossbar aside just backs into players looking for fouls, no pace, slows our attacks down, simply terrible.

Reid needs a good pre-season, same with Omar and they will be decent next season.

TARKOWSKI MOTM!

next season - keep (if possible) Reid, morais, evina, alessandra, m'voto, black, tounkara (needs someone alongside and will be beter after a pre-season and this year in general)

GK

Lee M'voto CB Evina

Morais Furman CM (assume stephens gone) LW

Reid ST

+1

feeney did alright i suppose today, but if the tactic is to hoof it up to him, and he'll never win a header, he's never going to have a great game is he. fair play to him for the offside goal though for getting in the position

even though this run has been bad, we've got to keep as many players as we can imo. tarkowski and winchester look promising for the future and there's no point getting a completely new team again. add a bit of experience in the defence and upfront and we've got a decent side

We've had far worse squads and teams than this Ed, yet never gone on a run of 1 win in 17 in the 25 years i've been going, and believe me I have seen some :censored:e. Questions need to be asked because that was :censored:ing dire today and it has been for months….except for an odd pot-shot.

We've scored one goal in open play inside the box in over three months WTF is he doing with them in training and in his team talks? And YET again we had M'Voto up front and hoofing it instead of a Plan B. Will someone tell the clueless Scottish pixie it worked ONCE against NINE :censored:ing men!!!! AND STILL the out form loanees get in before OUR lads, WHY????????

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Turning the screw aye?

Well who's fault's that? The board backed Dickov and let him bring in a lot of players (probably against their better financial judgement) but, if anything, they've had a detrimental effect on the team.

I like Dickov - he comes across as a decent bloke and during the first part of the season couldn't have been doing a better job. But something has changed for the worse (maybe it's the ground saga, which would then be no fault of his own) and he doesn't seem to know how to correct it again. He keeps banging the drum in post-match interviews about "getting the players to do the right things in training", but it just doesn't seem to be working on the pitch, so maybe the "right" things arn't actually right! I doubt it is, but maybe it is something as "simple" as getting that 6-yard box striker.

I really hope he gets it together over the summer, evolves as a manager, and the penny drops for him that there's no generic formula for winning football matches.

TARKOWSKI MOTM!

Not sure what game you were watching today but Feeney did ok considering all we did was lump it up to him. Reid on the other hand was useless, not sure why you'd want to keep him. Don't think he even challenged for one header today.