We've had far worse squads and teams than this Ed, yet never gone on a run of 1 win in 17 in the 25 years i've been going, and believe me I have seen some :censored:e. Questions need to be asked because that was :censored:ing dire today and it has been for months….except for an odd pot-shot.

We've scored one goal in open play inside the box in over three months WTF is he doing with them in training and in his team talks? And YET again we had M'Voto up front and hoofing it instead of a Plan B. Will someone tell the clueless Scottish pixie it worked ONCE against NINE :censored:ing men!!!! AND STILL the out form loanees get in before OUR lads, WHY????????

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

All legit questions. None of which will get answered because "we like Paul".

Just gonna throw this out there though, Penney had one more win by this point last season with his "negative football" than our current passing, free flowing, Galacdickovs.

Dickov stays, but I think we might need to look at some of the backroom staff as well to make sure they are fit for purpose because something has gone terribly wrong here. I believed we were overachieving in the playoffs, but never did I think we were relegation battlers which if the season was just a couple more games longer, is what we would be. It kind of reminds me of Shez collapse in 06/07 where we were free falling from February onwards and basically stayed in the playoffs based on the points we'd accumulated earlier in the season and by the skin of our teeth as well. Going into that game against Blackpool we had some of the worst form in the division, not exactly sure how bad but I wouldn't be surprised if we were in the bottom four. This season mirrors that a lot, I can't be bothered looking but we're surely in the bottom 4 on the form table over the last 20 or so games.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gonna throw this out there though, Penney had one more win by this point last season with his "negative football" than our current passing, free flowing, Galacdickovs.

Dickov stays, but I think we might need to look at some of the backroom staff as well to make sure they are fit for purpose because something has gone terribly wrong here. I believed we were overachieving in the playoffs, but never did I think we were relegation battlers which if the season was just a couple more games longer, is what we would be. It kind of reminds me of Shez collapse in 06/07 where we were free falling from February onwards and basically stayed in the playoffs based on the points we'd accumulated earlier in the season and by the skin of our teeth as well. Going into that game against Blackpool we had some of the worst form in the division, not exactly sure how bad but I wouldn't be surprised if we were in the bottom four. This season mirrors that a lot, I can't be bothered looking but we're surely in the bottom 4 on the form table over the last 20 or so games.

Duxbury out and someone like Frankie Bunn in then?

We've had far worse squads and teams than this Ed, yet never gone on a run of 1 win in 17 in the 25 years i've been going, and believe me I have seen some :censored:e. Questions need to be asked because that was :censored:ing dire today and it has been for months….except for an odd pot-shot.

We've scored one goal in open play inside the box in over three months WTF is he doing with them in training and in his team talks? And YET again we had M'Voto up front and hoofing it instead of a Plan B. Will someone tell the clueless Scottish pixie it worked ONCE against NINE :censored:ing men!!!! AND STILL the out form loanees get in before OUR lads, WHY????????

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

I totally agree, I got savaged on here a couple of weeks ago for calling Dickov tactically inept.

From what Ive heard today nothing has changed.

Not sure what game you were watching today but Feeney did ok considering all we did was lump it up to him. Reid on the other hand was useless, not sure why you'd want to keep him. Don't think he even challenged for one header today.

i saw Reid get the ball, turn and try to run past a couple of players to then get into the box and try a shot or try to create something - i saw Feeney backing into defenders, swearing at the officials for not giving him the foul he wants each time the ball his near him and I also saw him hit the crossbar from 6 yards and then for the rest of the game show that he has the pace of a slug in getting anywhere near the ball or to continue with attacking moves.

There, that's the game I saw!

funny how opinions and views are so polar opposites, but hey that's a forum for you.

Edited by shefflatic

i saw Reid get the ball, turn and try to run past a couple of players to then get into the box and try a shot or try to create something - i saw Feeney backing into defenders, swearing at the officials for not giving him the foul he wants each time the ball his near him and I also saw him hit the crossbar from 6 yards and then for the rest of the game show that he has the pace of a slug in getting anywhere near the ball or to continue with attacking moves.

funny how opinions and views are so polar opposites, but hey that's a forum for you.

reid maight have trotted around a few times but he chased a long hoof in the 87th minute and created the goal that keeps us up.

feeney won 1 freekick but apart from that went for headers he wasnt going to win. i dont think it was his fault, and i dont think reid had a brilliant game, but out of the two, i'd prefer to have reid here next season and not feeney.

If you look at the backroom staff there isnt anyone who has the guile to change a game, Lee Clarke did the right thing by getting Mcdermott on board at Hudders. I know they can pay for that calibre and we cant.

Three key decisions in the game today.

1) Feeney - was he offside? The flag went up after he put the ball in the net, but I was sure he was behind the ball when the first rebound shot came in after he'd hit the bar.

2) The free kick that led to their goal - the referee ignored the collision, the linesman didn't put his flag up, the Walsall fans roared, the ref then decided to give the free kick. Looked a harsh decision.

3) The red card - I was a long way off, but I thought he got the ball. Was it the old "studs = dangerous = red" or was there more to it?

1) Feeney - was he offside? The flag went up after he put the ball in the net, but I was sure he was behind the ball when the first rebound shot came in after he'd hit the bar.

2) The free kick that led to their goal - the referee ignored the collision, the linesman didn't put his flag up, the Walsall fans roared, the ref then decided to give the free kick. Looked a harsh decision.

3) The red card - I was a long way off, but I thought he got the ball. Was it the old "studs = dangerous = red" or was there more to it?

No - went in from the side of the lad, hard, but fair - his tackling foot was raised slightly but he caught the ball with the front of his foot and won the ball.

I always say in those situations look where the ball ends up and it usually tells you if the ball has been taken or not - he slid in and the ball followed on and out for a throw-in.

Disgusting decision - and referees wonder why the are verbally abused - therein lies the answer.

Oh and why does it look like we are playing the acceptance card again and not seemingly going to appeal??

Never a red card or a foul even, in a month of sundays and we are due to have an important player banned when we already have injuries. Injustice done so appeal, no?

Well who's fault's that? The board backed Dickov and let him bring in a lot of players (probably against their better financial judgement) but, if anything, they've had a detrimental effect on the team.

I like Dickov - he comes across as a decent bloke and during the first part of the season couldn't have been doing a better job. But something has changed for the worse (maybe it's the ground saga, which would then be no fault of his own) and he doesn't seem to know how to correct it again. He keeps banging the drum in post-match interviews about "getting the players to do the right things in training", but it just doesn't seem to be working on the pitch, so maybe the "right" things arn't actually right! I doubt it is, but maybe it is something as "simple" as getting that 6-yard box striker.

I really hope he gets it together over the summer, evolves as a manager, and the penny drops for him that there's no generic formula for winning football matches.

1) ground saga

2) bad weather were we didnt play for nearlly a month or more not sure but before all the snow came etc and the big break we was on fire since that goal drought etc etc

3) paid late

As always there's some really good posts on here. I reckon Dickov is worth sticking with on the basis of our amazing first half of the season.

One other thing. The team manager is in an awful position when the players aren't paid. Football wise, he's the dictator and what he says goes. Money wise, he's just another employee. Does he say, "I agree with you lads, this is :censored:e," in the manner of a shop steward, in which case he can't play the big man in training, or does he say, "Get on with it you bunch of dancers, there's plenty worse off than us," in which case players turn against him or otherwise work to rule? Whatever actually happened and whatever anyone says publicly, that cash crisis has led to some woeful on-pitch consequences.

I thought today we was poor. Dickov waited far too long before making a sub. Im very very glad that we scored the goal but my god feeney was poor today.

Morais should of never been sent of either! cracking tackle and from where i was won the ball. Football is getting far too soft nowadays it will soon turn to basketball where your not aloud to touch anyone !!!

i want to see the red card again because when wiseman got sent off for dale, it turned out to be the right decision.

but from the rre, the ref was too quick to show the red after what looked like a good tackle that was a freekick at most. it almost cost us a point and if he'd blown for a freekick and thought about it, i don't think he would have gone. hopefully we'll appeal but it doesnt sound like it so maybe dickov saw it differently?

Agree with this. At Swindon, Brooke, Leta, Winchester and Black should all start.

Also, Lewis should be given 90 minutes in both remaining games as a make-or-break opportunity for him to justify a new contract.

Leta - No need to rush him back from a serious injury

Black - out until end of season i think after his operation?

I'd like to see one Brooke and Alice upfront for the next two games, gives Alice a chance to prove himself for a new contract, and gives Brooke a few games to show what he can do.

I thought today we was poor. Dickov waited far too long before making a sub. Im very very glad that we scored the goal but my god feeney was poor today.

Morais should of never been sent of either! cracking tackle and from where i was won the ball. Football is getting far too soft nowadays it will soon turn to basketball where your not aloud to touch anyone !!!

You can forgive PD today over the sub making, he had already been forced to makes 2 changes within 45 minutes..

By the way, a word or two about our opposition today.

Macken - what a :censored:!

I thought Macken was hilarious pulling faces at the fans abusing him, proper football stuff that, the reason we go to games. I has laughing my head of both at Macken and the fans then reacting badly to it.

Interesting quote from the fisul this - "The Latics manager pointed out, Warren Feeney apart, the second oldest player in the team against Walsall was aged 22 which he says bodes well for the future.

Indeed, he joked that the team was so young against Walsall that they had to put teets on some of the bottles containing recovery drinks."

That side we had out today and for most of the season is only just out of nappies, we can't expect world beaters yet, not too far off though. A couple of wise old heads in among them would do wonders.

It isn't all doom and gloom, far from it actually.

I thought Macken was hilarious pulling faces at the fans abusing him, proper football stuff that, the reason we go to games.

Didn't have any problem with that side of things. It was the play-acting throughout that irritated the hell out of me.

That side we had out today and for most of the season is only just out of nappies, we can't expect world beaters yet, not too far off though. A couple of wise old heads in among them would do wonders.

It isn't all doom and gloom, far from it actually.

The promise remains, despite the bad run. But I don't think the fans will be as supportive of Dickov 6 games in to next season if we've lost 3, drawn 3.

Edited by opinions4u

There was the penalty he never gave for Macken's handball too. I think he said it was ball to hand when Macken clearly had his hands in front of his face!

The linesman in front of the Main Stand was one of the worst I've ever seen. Seemed to get every decision wrong, for both teams.

Edited by bossrocks

Haha, they're probably not quite so polar! Based on the whole season I'd get rid of Feeney too, mainly 'cause he's injury prone and seems more interested in playing for N Ireland. Taking today's game in isolation, I thought he put in a good shift and was unlucky not to score.

1) ground saga2) bad weather were we didnt play for nearlly a month or more not sure but before all the snow came etc and the big break we was on fire since that goal drought etc etc

3) paid late

Playing Devil's advocate here a bit but firstly, do the playing staff and coaches (who are generally on short-term contracts) really think "Blimey, Oldham Athletic might not be getting this new stadium they we're going to move into in a few years time" and then sulk about it for months on end.

And secondly, with regards to wages being late - Plymouth's players weren't paid for months (rather than days) yet are fighting tooth and nail to keep their club in this division.

Genuine reasons for poor performance or just excuses?