Posting Photographs

I'm acting on behalf of the site administration in this sensitive case as there are no active, existing admins operating at the moment.

The OWTB admin have received a number of complaints since a number of photographs were posted on this site yesterday. As a general rule in the public domain, it is good practice to gain the authorisation/permission of the individuals concerned before presenting their images on a website.

It seems this was not completed by the photographer, as a result those concerned have had their images posted without their knowledge into the public domain and have had comments passed on them. They recognise that the images were taken in good nature, however it would have been courteous to ask for permission.

These images have been removed from public view.

Thanks,

Matt.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm acting on behalf of the site administration in this sensitive case as there are no active, existing admins operating at the moment.

The OWTB admin have received a number of complaints since a number of photographs were posted on this site yesterday. As a general rule in the public domain, it is good practice to gain the authorisation/permission of the individuals concerned before presenting their images on a website.

It seems this was not completed by the photographer, as a result those concerned have had their images posted without their knowledge into the public domain and have had comments passed on them. They recognise that the images were taken in good nature, however it would have been courteous to ask for permission.

These images have been removed from public view.

Thanks,

Matt.

It really annoys me this sort of thing - not your comment Matt by the way

If you didn't want you image/photo taken then don't pose for the photographer...simple really.

Does the photographer not own the negative right to do what he wants with the image?

Puts a dampen on yesterday as there are some really good photos that Diego took...tut

Edited by underdog

I apologise for my transgression.

My intention was to convey the atmosphere of a party day at Swindon and recognise the effort put in by those in fancy dress. I have posted on here pictures taken at previous fancy dress occasions, but I appreciate that the comments generated this time have caused offence.

In the circumstances it's only fair to delete the pictures and I have apologised via a third party to those I know have been offended. :blush:

If you didn't want you image/photo taken then don't pose for the photographer...simple really.

Does the photographer not own the negative right to do what he wants with the image?

Puts a dampen on yesterday as there are some really good photos that Diego took...tut

can i ask what the pictures were????

ive only just come around from yesterdays trip.cant talk lost me voice n one ear drums perforated with that bloody drum right behind me....but what a cracking day

I apologise for my transgression.

My intention was to convey the atmosphere of a party day at Swindon and recognise the effort put in by those in fancy dress. I have posted on here pictures taken at previous fancy dress occasions, but I appreciate that the comments generated this time have caused offence.

In the circumstances it's only fair to delete the pictures and I have apologised via a third party to those I know have been offended. :blush:

Think you've hit the nail on the head....the photos were good Diego, its just the interpretation and people's comments that have offended.

And Matt, as a second thought, do we get players permission when we do the caption competition, because comments on them and I include myself, are tongue in cheek or can be offensive too?

Edited by underdog

As the goat's owner, it would have been nice not only if I had been asked if its picture could be taken, but also if the human participants had cleared their intentions with me in the first place.

I have one rather traumatised Billy Goat at present.

ive only just come around from yesterdays trip.cant talk lost me voice n one ear drums perforated with that bloody drum right behind me....but what a cracking day

Stop being nosey. It's sorted, leave it.

Sorry haha my bad i shouldnt of banged it so loud haha, i wasnt offended by any comments made about stewie :)

some things eh ?

Well it certainly would annoy you if somebody called you an old boot on the strength of a pic posted on here. What I'm saying is, it doesn't stop with the picture; football forums attract a certain demographic: young boys full of ale, and they would have been certainly hanging about on here late last night as the pics were posted. The subjects of the pictures certainly would not like some of the comments posted about them, and I'm assuming neither would their parents.

Stop being nosey. It's sorted, leave it.

i wasnt being nosey....and why the need for the heavy handed style....

if people go to an away day dressed in fancy dress people are obviously going to take pictures of it...i agree if people post comments they need to be in keeping,but if you dont want it why go dressed up in the first place..

do we get players permission when we do the caption competition, because comments on them and I include myself, are tongue in cheek or can be offensive too?

We should not be posting any picture that has not got either the owner or the subjects permission first.

We have had OAFC staff family members telling us to remove pictures, so it does happen.

It's a grey area I know, but that's the law. We can get away with the copyright aspect to a certain extent because it's hard to police on here and on the internet in general, however personal pics of local people would certainly be picked up on someone's radar on here.

As the goat's owner, it would have been nice not only if I had been asked if its picture could be taken, but also if the human participants had cleared their intentions with me in the first place.

I don't remember the goat???...Where were you sat

OR am I being blonde it is a name given to one of the young ladies.

If it is and you are, then I can say they looked lovely yesterday the four sailor ladies and did not do anything out of order to disgrace themselves at all and I have to say, it was a great picture that Diego took of the four of them. Or if it is the lifeguard picture, again, its a great shot of three lovely ladies have a good time, making the effort and thought into their costume and supporting there team

Its just a shame how people's minds have twisted great pictures from Diego who would have not meant any ill intent at all

I hope they are okay

i wasnt being nosey....and why the need for the heavy handed style....

if people go to an away day dressed in fancy dress people are obviously going to take pictures of it...i agree if people post comments they need to be in keeping,but if you dont want it why go dressed up in the first place..

That wasn't heavy handed. Stop being soft.

On a point of clarification, is this directed at me, as I don't remember seeing a goat, let alone taking a picture of one? :unsure:

That's ridiculous. If they want to go dressed up they can - it is their free-right to do so, if they have their picture taken - that's okay too, however posting them on a football forum without their knowledge or permission, that attracts all the people you'd expect - and all the comments you'd also expect, isn't really on. Is it. Anyway it's done.

I don't remember the goat???...Where were you sat

OR am I being blonde it is a name given to one of the young ladies.

If it is and you are, then I can say they looked lovely yesterday the four sailor ladies and did not do anything out of order to disgrace themselves at all and I have to say, it was a great picture that Diego took of the four of them. Or if it is the lifeguard picture, again, its a great shot of three lovely ladies have a good time, making the effort and thought into their costume and supporting there team

Its just a shame how people's minds have twisted great pictures from Diego who would have not meant any ill intent at all

I hope they are okay

4 sailor's? FOUR??? are you sure about that. drink hey.

I want some controversy about the Arabs. We did try and did go !!

Well it certainly would annoy you if somebody called you an old boot on the strength of a pic posted on here. What I'm saying is, it doesn't stop with the picture; football forums attract a certain demographic: young boys full of ale, and they would have been certainly hanging about on here late last night as the pics were posted. The subjects of the pictures certainly would not like some of the comments posted about them, and I'm assuming neither would their parents.

Like I said matt, I am not having a go at you, its your job as a moderator and all.

Dressed up like I was yesterday, then old boot could be a fair comment and I am to old and wise to take offence but I can hold my own in more ways than one.

Also, I don't remember the club photographer asking my permission to post a picture of me on the official site from Walsall away a few years ago either...

Defo a grey area and yes young people and ale and all.

Shame really

On a point of accuracy, there were five sailor girls and a 'Pine Villa' matelot.

I was disappointed not to get a picture of the three Arabs - two of them must have wanted to hide their identity, in view of the alleged takeover bid. :wink:

they were shocking, walking around joining us being latics fans for the day but then no money to the club to buy them ? PFT ARABS OUT ! :wink:

that controversial enough ? :)

Also, I don't remember the club photographer asking my permission to post a picture of me on the official site from Walsall away a few years ago either...

Well then you can ask to have it removed. If you don't mind, that's entirely up to you. Some people do mind, and we should respect their wishes.

yup 5 sailer girls....

i thought those arabs were on a scouting mission to check us out,i do believe they may be back at the home game against the dons next week...lol

The Club has an invitation for fans to submit pictures from away matches, for inclusion in the 'Gallery' on the official site.

OS Gallery

This may be a way of recognising the atmosphere and effort put into yesterday, and there would not be any comments, but I don't think I'll do that now.

I'd be interested to know what people's views are.

The Club has an invitation for fans to submit pictures from away matches, for inclusion in the 'Gallery' on the official site.

OS Gallery

This may be a way of recognising the atmosphere and effort put into yesterday, and there would not be any comments, but I don't think I'll do that now.

I'd be interested to know what people's views are.

Do it, it will give the fans some good recognisition (Sorry if spelt wrong ) which we deserve after the brilliant atmosphere we created. They never take pictures of the fans anymore so it will be nice to have a gallery.

I hope they are okay

In case, like me, you rarely notice a tiny number against your user-name in the top right-hand corner of the screen, you have a PM.