Simon Corney Interview

No thanks. Even if there are plenty of old codgers in there, it still doesn't justify the comment about the fanbase being dominated by over 65s. :blink:

Maybe the phenomenon can be explained akin to policemen and teachers, that they look younger as one gets older? :wink:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rochdale has the Rochdale Observer as its daily newspaper and I used to work in dale and they put posters up all over town advertising that months fixtures and the prices with some sort of cheesy slogan. Surely even little things like that, that costs a few quid could be helpful in our time of financial straits.

And the net result was what?

We market ourselves more than we have ever done and the effect isn't noticeable.

Come on guys, Saatchi & Saatchi couldn't market the boring :censored:e football and atmosphere served up at BP.

Spend the money on players (improving the product) and making it free for u16s.

Football teams get enough free marketing through match reports, league tables, tv highlights and word of mouth from bias fans.

Edited by Yard Dog

And the net result was what?

We market ourselves more than we have ever done and the effect isn't noticeable.

Come on guys, Saatchi & Saatchi couldn't market the boring :censored:e football and atmosphere served up at BP.

Spend the money on players and making it free for u16s.

Football teams get enough free marketing through match reports, league tables, tv highlights and word of mouth from bias fans.

Now that would be stupid

Rochdale has the Rochdale Observer as its daily newspaper and I used to work in dale and they put posters up all over town advertising that months fixtures and the prices with some sort of cheesy slogan. Surely even little things like that, that costs a few quid could be helpful in our time of financial straits.

It's a twice weekly 'newspaper'

Now that would be stupid

why would it be stupid???

its an initiative other clubs are doing,with the effect that most 16,15,14 year olds will go to games with there mates....most kids under that wont,they will have to be accompanied by an adult,its a lot more attractive to going knowing that instead of 23 your paying 20.....might only be 3 quid but its enough some times...

its an initiative other clubs are doing,with the effect that most 16,15,14 year olds will go to games with there mates....most kids under that wont,they will have to be accompanied by an adult,its a lot more attractive to going knowing that instead of 23 your paying 20.....might only be 3 quid but its enough some times...

if they come for free we will lose alot more money that way. 16 12 14 years old comes with there mates watch the game and go home, most dont even buy mechandice like programmes or anything. so might aswell charge them now and get the money.

twice a week that paper. where did you see these posters up in town? not seen one poster advertising their games in town?

Alot of these marketing ideas that come up on here are all well and good but at the end of the day the clubs got bills to pay. So while the odd game of under 16's for free game might be a good idea or the odd BOGOF offer letting them in for free all the time would mean we would lose out on alot of revenue from this age bracket if we did, something we just cannot afford to do.

Alot of these marketing ideas that come up on here are all well and good but at the end of the day the clubs got bills to pay. So while the odd game of under 16's for free game might be a good idea or the odd BOGOF offer letting them in for free all the time would mean we would lose out on alot of revenue from this age bracket if we did, something we just cannot afford to do.

I refer you back to an earlier post of mine that I can't be arsed finding in which I said how much would the club really lose in the short term given that the vast majority of the fanbase is teenage and older? In reality the vast majority are 40+. I don't think that mucyh would be lost by letting under 12's in for free and you might get more adults coming to accompany children that have got free tickets from school etc. The club has thought only in the short term for far too long.