I think Ljungberg was a rumour started by someone on here. More rumours:

25 May 2011 20:01:38

Not like some of the strange speculative stuff getting posted lately, this one comes from someone senior at the club (no names), apparently there are several near-done-deals on the cards at Boundary Park:

Luke Holden (Droylsden) - no surprise

Pablo Counago (ex-Palace) - old striker to add some experience

Rhys Evans (Southend) - keeper

Phil Ifil (Dagenham) - only a squad player I hope

Richard Naylor (Leeds)

Abdi Ibrahim (season long loan from Man City)

Also, Scholes ISN'T coming but the club is gambling on one expensive signing - Craig Fagan (ex-Hull).

And if Taylor goes (club really doesn't want him to, sees him as a key player, but may have to sell), PD plans to use the wages on McIndoe, released from Coventry. Not impressed.

Do we even have the money to gamble on an expensive signing?

Mike Grella: Oldham (Free)

Also listed there, though we appear to have some point been linked (on this website) with every single one of Leeds released list. Worth adding though this source has literally no basis. I'm sure there are far more players going on frees this year than normal, lots of teams slashing budgets!

Edited by Microcuts

The best one yet on the transfer rumours website - Freddie Ljungberg :shock:

Fancy him and Paul Scholes in midfield ? :D

Taken from football-rumours.co.uk, which is an open platform for anyone to submit any thing that they wish to conjure up. You don't even need to give your name or email.

Watch, I'll go and make a rumour that we're interested in signing.....I dunno Freddie Ljungberg and it'll pop up on there.

Just out of interest was this post on the football rumours site mentioned above done by somebody on here?

Oldham Athletic Targets:

Luke Holden (droylesden)

Paul Pogba (Man united) - Season long loan

Kelvin Lomax (shrewsbury)

Lord Kangana N'Diawa (bolton)

This can't be true, i'm sure it's "N'Diawa Lord Kangana" instead of the other round.........

What about this lad for the void that will be left in the centre of midfield when Dale Stephens leaves this summer *

Always seemed to involved in the goals for Macc; be it scoring, assists or being the box causing problems albeit im basing that from the Football League shows highlights & youtube clips.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_6955100,00.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamza_Bencherif

http://www.mtfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10393~38724,00.html

some goals:

On a free transfer local now, and keen to ply his trade at a higher level. Hmmmmm. Thoughts?

.* well aware that that is by no means a cert; but if were all honest hes gone isnt he?

Edited by slystallone

Haven't the players gone on holiday now and finished training? Just going off Furman's Twitter posts

Thought the same it was last week they saidto have been seen, maybe the signing of smith or it could just be a pre season little training sesh for them to get fit duno :(