Young striker I'd be looking at on loan

He was good enough to be signed by a Premiership club, played for Scotland B, still only 20, an obvious goal poacher and wouldn't be an expensive loan option.

The reality is Latics are in Division 1 so have to look for bargains, and if they have not already seen him I would expect Latics scouts to be checking him out in Wolves pre season games.

amazing on football manager!

Was just going to say "you've been playing football manager haven't you?"

I bought him for Latics (for £4m) when I won promotion to the premier league. Scored 54 goals in 32 games alongside Daniel Sturridge (who i got on a free)

Was just going to say "you've been playing football manager haven't you?"

I bought him for Latics (for £4m) when I won promotion to the premier league. Scored 54 goals in 32 games alongside Daniel Sturridge (who i got on a free)

I can see they've improved the realism since I last played it!! :lol:

He was good enough to be signed by a Premiership club, played for Scotland B, still only 20, an obvious goal poacher and wouldn't be an expensive loan option.

The reality is Latics are in Division 1 so have to look for bargains, and if they have not already seen him I would expect Latics scouts to be checking him out in Wolves pre season games.

Paul Butler used to play for Wolves didn't he? Must be on the radar if so?

183 appearances - 136 goals, not bad for an 18 year old, very low level though, but at his age maybe worth a look ?

http://www.clubwebsi...?player=1738693

What level is that club even at? Their league isn't in the National League System, which could mean he's the equivalent of 15 or 20 leagues below (unless I got my numbers screwed up). Wonder how many other cracking scorers there are at that level, and how many could make the step up?

I would keep an eye on Bradley Bubb (ex-Farnborough), who's out of contract and a regular scorer at Conference South level, but he's a bit older and other clubs have been sniffing around.

Edited by Crusoe

What level is that club even at? Their league isn't in the National League System, which could mean he's the equivalent of 15 or 20 leagues below (unless I got my numbers screwed up). Wonder how many other cracking scorers there are at that level, and how many could make the step up?

I would keep an eye on Bradley Bubb (ex-Farnborough), who's out of contract and a regular scorer at Conference South level, but he's a bit older and other clubs have been sniffing around.

My policy was not to rule out young players at any level - even Sunday league.

Tony Ellis and Tony Naylor went from playing against pub teams to Championship level and became fine players.

If you don't look you will never know.

Tony Ellis and Tony Naylor went from playing against pub teams to Championship level and became fine players.

Wasn't Ian Wright playing on Hackney Marshes?

From February onwards we played like a pub team, the Dog and Duck's striker will fit right in here. In fact at times pub teams are more professionally run and are marketed better!!!

Edited by oafcprozac

Wasn't Ian Wright playing on Hackney Marshes?

So did Bobby Moore, John Terry and David Beckham, John Barnes also played park football nearby, the latest is Sanchez Watts of Arsenal.