Evina Compensation

Not sure how it works, but surely if we have offered Evina a quid more than he was on last season with us, owing to the fact he is under 24 and has joined Charlton we should be entitled to some form of compo!

I’m sure this rule is in place so that the club that nurtured the player from when was a youngster does not get screwed by a bigger club when said players contact runs out.

Not for a club who signed someone on loan then offered him a deal until the end of the season because his parent club (Arsenal) released him, so he could sign a deal with us

Pretty sure we would be entiteld to something Palmer even if it is a nominal amount!

The rule is that if a player is Under 24 and is offered no less favourable terms then his previous club will be entitled to compensation.

Be interesting to see if we did offer same/better terms of allowed him to walk for free for offering less terms.

Wonder if anyone will ever clarify!

palmer1 nailed it. The rule is to compensate clubs for time and money invested in a player's development (assuming they wanted to keep that player). I guess we could demand compensation but it'd be utterly negligible - probably cost more in legal fees to negotiate it than it would actually gain us.

I dont think there is any chance of compensation and tbh we dont deserve anything.

If we get compensation for this we should make an effort in future years to sign players in Jan and feb that are under 24. We could then make small fortune in the summers when they sign for other clubs.

palmer1 nailed it. The rule is to compensate clubs for time and money invested in a player's development (assuming they wanted to keep that player). I guess we could demand compensation but it'd be utterly negligible - probably cost more in legal fees to negotiate it than it would actually gain us.

so the fact he never played any league games until he came to us isnt to be considered as part of his develepment???? you can train week in and week out with the big boys all you like,but until you get game time you dont start to develop...the fact has been stated he will be eternally gratefull because we gave him his start says it all,so does that not count as nuturing his talent for 12 months then...

Not sure how it works, but surely if we have offered Evina a quid more than he was on last season with us, owing to the fact he is under 24 and has joined Charlton we should be entitled to some form of compo!

Just watched Evina being interviewed at Charlton. The deal took longer than he expected because of things that had to be sorted out between Charlton and Oldham. So it looks like we definitely got some compensation.

I can see us being very magnaminous here, we may be entitled to compensation but it won't be a lot. Maybe part of the reason as to why Charlton is a cat A game- we get them to provide some free coaches for their fans (costing less than any amount they would have paid) and we get an increase on our gate at £23 a pop, probably making us more money than any compensation. A deal which suits both teams.

Football is a business but ruthlessness is not the only way to run a business.

so the fact he never played any league games until he came to us isnt to be considered as part of his develepment???? you can train week in and week out with the big boys all you like,but until you get game time you dont start to develop...the fact has been stated he will be eternally gratefull because we gave him his start says it all,so does that not count as nuturing his talent for 12 months then...

Don't think we could argue that. When he's playing we're (supposedly) getting the benefit, so why should another club compensate us? Compensation is for training costs which we don't get to recoup in any other way. And I doubt we could argue his individual portion of that is worth much.