Man Utd Advert !?

Is that some kind of joke my computer is playing. Is anyone else getting the Man Utd advent banner on the main page??

I had it the other day, made me think about going to Man United next season.

OAFC - joke club, joke fans

2 other topics posted on it aswell .

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=35327&st=0&p=492982&hl=united&fromsearch=1entry492982

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=35324&st=0&p=492953&hl=united&fromsearch=1entry492953

Just ignore it , its hardly like you are suddenly going to support united just because of an advert is it ? :blink:

I had it the other day, made me think about going to Man United next season.

OAFC - joke club, joke fans

Not sure how you're blaming the club instead of OWTB - but thanks!

As for the ad... we try our best to manage what we get - but "North West" and "Football" in Google terms means Man United and so we're not always able to prevent them.

If you have an alternative suggestion on how to fund OWTB we're open to suggestions and are currently investigating a range of supplementary/alternative options.

Not sure how you're blaming the club instead of OWTB - but thanks!

As for the ad... we try our best to manage what we get - but "North West" and "Football" in Google terms means Man United and so we're not always able to prevent them.

If you have an alternative suggestion on how to fund OWTB we're open to suggestions and are currently investigating a range of supplementary/alternative options.

Try City, Dale, Bury and Huddersfield aswell maybe? Direct links to their home sites

Try City, Dale, Bury and Huddersfield aswell maybe? Direct links to their home sites

Good plan. Unfortunately we can't ask Google to provide us with specific teams on our ads... if we could I'd certainly get a City one on. They're a team on the up.

look i dont want a barney, nice n calm this new season, this is a forum n its my opinion, its all about morals, to post an advertisement for them on a OAFC site of any kind is an insult to the loyal fans of OAFC. funding? so without it this site would close? i dont think so, do u?

what next advertisements in the match day programme? the club are skint but there are some lines that should never be crossed

look i dont want a barney, nice n calm this new season, this is a forum n its my opinion, its all about morals, to post an advertisement for them on a OAFC site of any kind is an insult to the loyal fans of OAFC. funding? so without it this site would close? i dont think so, do u?

what next advertisements in the match day programme? the club are skint but there are some lines that should never be crossed

I really do sympathise with the admin on this board.

The club no longer pay our bills Jacko - we have to pay them ourselves.

As a result we have to use Google Ads and these are difficult to manage - we can't pick and choose what we get as much as the club could with the adverts they held on the site.

As above, if you or anyone else has an idea on how we pay the bills we'd be delighted to listen but for now we have to make do with what we can get.

I really do sympathise with the admin on this board.

hey dude that wasnt me personally having a dig at the admin guys, was me voicing my opinion, people have different passions, and it offends me having their advert on a site i like to look at, thats me, no one else so no one is gonna be arsed bout wat i ave to say,,,i think the admin guys do a grand job but they have made a mistake on having that ad on the site. again just my opinion....

i think the admin guys do a grand job but they have made a mistake on having that ad on the site.

Unfortunately, Jacko, we don't have a say in the matter currently - see Ackey's post for an explanation.

If anyone gets swayed to go to United from a small advertisement then they are very weak minded and not a proper Latics fan in the first place,

hell if I was convinced by every advert I saw I would have about 400 cars to my name

And to those getting Man United ads you sure you havent been browsing a lot of Man United sites? Google is quite good at spying on you and serving relevant ads! Are you closet reds? ;)

so why do I get adverts for a Sushi Bar in Derby or a shoe shop in Nottingham when I live in Sheffield?