BAE closure

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local economy was screwed long before this..........I was Platts time served and mates of mine Ferranti time served..so dont go on one on this subject with me.

Just how many local people (from Oldham) that is do you think work there ?

Get real. If the site becomes available do we ignore it because of "the blow to the local economy" or do we go tits up ?

Screw FC United

So you're more concerned about a bit of land (that's more in :censored:ing Manchester than Failsworth is) than another killer blow to the local economy?

bae has been on its arse for years,especially when they moved all essential production to chester from chadderton....

greengate was mentioned a while back,great links for transport and not many nimbys around the actual site...

Would def be big enough but would they allow it within only half mile from where FC Utd are planning on building there new ground?

Not even half a mile. Less than a 60 second drive between both sites.

I didn't even realise that came under Chadderton? Christ on a bike if people were moaning that failsworth was in mancland then they wouldnt accept that as a site lying down, immediately surrounded by Blackeley, Moston and New Moston. Definitely not what you would consider latics territory.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Local economy was screwed long before this..........I was Platts time served and mates of mine Ferranti time served..so dont go on one on this subject with me.

Just how many local people (from Oldham) that is do you think work there ?

Get real. If the site becomes available do we ignore it because of "the blow to the local economy" or do we go tits up ?

Screw FC United

I feel the same, screw FC Utd but if they get planning permition before we did i dont think they would allow us to build a ground so close.

ITs an M24 postcode, am sure at least part of the site comes under Middleton (hence Rochdale MBC) rather than chadderton.

Boundary wise the whole site is in chadderton, i used to live just behind the factory's on the right as you go up greengate and the bottom of my garden was the boundary so even all the factory's on the otherside of the road are chadderton.

Edited by stevesmitt

ITs an M24 postcode, am sure at least part of the site comes under Middleton (hence Rochdale MBC) rather than chadderton.

lees brewery end is middleton,upto turning onto greenside way,everything else is chadderton,bordering south chadderton....might not be classic latics fan territory,but lets face it,niether is bp these days is it......

plus there is the potential new fans to consider....plenty of tics in middleton which is classic city n united land...

Boundry wise the whole site is in chadderton, i used to live just behind the factory's on the right as you go up greengate and the bottom of my garden was the boundry so even all the factory's on the otherside of the road are chadderton.

I think it is literally only just in chadderton, ad we are probably talking even closer to the boundary than Failsworth was.

I think it is literally only just in chadderton, ad we are probably talking even closer to the boundary than Failsworth was.

and your point is what?????

its a potential site for a new ground....which has to be a good thing..would you prefer the owners do an mk dons and have done with it...

The point is there were plenty of "fans" moaning like :censored: about Failsworth, so with this site being closer to/possibly partly over the boundary won't we have the same people complaining?

they already are by the looks of things....

To be honest i think a lot of the people who was against Failsworth soon realised that we needed the move more than an OL postcode, im sure there would be a few who would complain but if it was the only site available then it would be the best thing for the club. Do they think Rochdale complain about having an OL postcode?

Great site. Would have massive potential in the area. Close to the motorway, railway and enough land for a first class stadium with a decent chance of getting new fans from the nearby areas. Just hope the stadium is along the lines of Hull City's ground or Huddersfield's Galpharm which have good design characteristics. One things for sure it must be looked at seriously and the sooner the better.

and your point is what?????

its a potential site for a new ground....which has to be a good thing..would you prefer the owners do an mk dons and have done with it...

What ed said, the point that people moaning about fails

I have stated numerous times I would not be opposed to a move outside OMBC if it proved to be the most credible option for the club. If the club had a plan that was viable and fully costed at that site, would get the thumbs up from me, especially considering I live within walking distance of the site.

Not even half a mile. Less than a 60 second drive between both sites.

I didn't even realise that came under Chadderton? Christ on a bike if people were moaning that failsworth was in mancland then they wouldnt accept that as a site lying down, immediately surrounded by Blackeley, Moston and New Moston. Definitely not what you would consider latics territory.

I wouldnt really consider anywhere latics territory these days..

Great site. Would have massive potential in the area. Close to the motorway, railway and enough land for a first class stadium with a decent chance of getting new fans from the nearby areas. Just hope the stadium is along the lines of Hull City's ground or Huddersfield's Galpharm which have good design characteristics. One things for sure it must be looked at seriously and the sooner the better.

is this tongue in cheek?

why dont we just go all the way and build the new Maracana?

Edited by creepy