BAE closure

Good post. Perhaps not completely feasible, but nice to hear positivity. Being a Middleton lad myself originally, I know full well this is an odd town, no other like it. Such talent and ability derives from the very place, but it no longer has identity and I know no Middletonian would admit to being a part of Rochdale. Perhaps Middleton, home of Oldham Athletic AFC with a little bit of history could be a good thing for the town and club. Certainly worth thinking about? I definitely think we could attract a few more fans in our direction, without alienating current fans too much (MK Dons style).

Thanks, funnily enough I too am an ex Middleton lad and I agree Middletonians would love to have the club associated with the town Oldham,and not Rochdale as you state.I'm also convinced that given time the crowds would increase too in this location.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

council are talking bout doing the bowling alley. they want a retail park like ashton's so doubt we could do that but resteraunts and the like would be fine i would of thought

Laser Quest or crazy golf it is then

Well the problem Middleton comes under Rochdale council so won't Oldham need approval from the FA in regards to moving a 2nd club into the same area.

Stadium will be within the OMBC boundaries with an OL postcode.

Stadium will be an OL postcode. There's no arguments about boundaries as it is firmly within OMBC where the stadium will be.

ARe we on the same wave length

Are you saying it is not BAE? and you know it is OL postcode and OMBC, or saying it is possible for the BAE site to be in OMBC and wuth an OL postcode?

Are you saying it is not BAE? and you know it is OL postcode and OMBC, or saying it is possible for the BAE site to be in OMBC and wuth an OL postcode?

Singe - there was a convertible Merc in the car park of my golf club today; reg S1 NGE. Yours?

Not BAE from what i've been told. Well within OMBC boundaries where it will be. Presuming my source is correct (which i'm certain they are).

Anyone know how big the kaskenmoore site is (well, the part of the site with kaskenmoore on and not the other school)

The site including both schools is 17.25 acres.

The site including only New Bridge school is 13 acres, though the position of the school on the site would make further development difficult.

The land available behind the schools totals 8.16 acres, but that land backs immediately onto several residential properties and also the M60.

The land on the opposite side of Roman Rd (Where the gasometer is) totals 14.03 acres, but is long rather than wide, and would struggle to accomodate a pitch and two sides of terracing.

To give an idea what sort of area we may need, the total useable land around BP including 'Little Wembley' and the car parks on Sheepfoot Lane is 19.76 acres, though removing 'LW' and measuring only the ground and Lookers car parks brings the size down to 11.74 acres.

The ground itself (Including all 4 original stands) stood at approximately 5.22 acres.

All this really shows how tight a fit it would be to get anything bigger than a 5000 seat stadia at this part of Hollinwood.

Hope this helps.