McGrath out again

get him better and get rid, its a shame but there's no point keeping someone who's going to get injured every preseason even though he sounds like he's promising...

Saw him play at Swindon last season - looked really talented - rather than the 'get rid' approach, I believe we should stick by the lad - he has had an unfortunate time with injuries but surely it is worth persevering?

Gerrard is a keeper, not a flying winger. The lad buckled with noone around him. His knees don't seem to be up to pro football. It's a shame, but what can you do?

A shame but still a tad harsh to dismiss him - I know people who have had operations on both knees and have come through stronger.

Saw him play at Swindon last season - looked really talented - rather than the 'get rid' approach, I believe we should stick by the lad - he has had an unfortunate time with injuries but surely it is worth persevering?

ive never seen him play, so im going off reports here, but surely however good a player is, there's no point having a him for one or two games a season? didnt we only give him one year for him to stay fit and prove himself, unfortunately the time for doing that goes down due to his injuries

Still, Stevie G is not a winger. If there is one position on the pitch where you need strong and stable knees more than any other it would be as a speedy winger. His career is in big trouble.

I hope to be proven wrong

Unfortunately I think you may be right.

According to OS, his knee give way when there was no one else near him.

That's two ligament injuries in two years?

Dreadful for the lad, but I think his career at BP may be done. Even if he regains full fitness, he'll be years behind his peers in development and match experience. A spell in non-league and working his way back up at a later age may be the best bet.

I do feel for him. Must be horrible.

Oh FFS. The lad must be in bits. 2 in 2 years; awful luck for him. So gutted for him BUT......club 'business' head on now; and I can't help but think that's the lad done for and we would be best cutting our losses and paying him up to a certain level. We can't really carry passengers and have injury-prone players....

We'll be carrying him for this year anyway so the lad will have a chance to get fit and stay fit. It might even be good that its the same injury, it might not have been fixed right the first time. It wont be easy for him to in in with confidence if he return.

Had my cruciate done after snapping it a few years ago.....made a right crack just turning with nobody anywhere near me

recovery is a long, slow and painful process of around 9-12 months.....and it was another 6 months before me before i was confident enough to actually do everything on a football field. If i snapped it again (or the other), i'd never play football again. Just not got the stomach to risk having to go through it 3 times!!!!

If he's a strong character and gets a good solid rebuild, then i seeno reason why he can't kickstart his career. Have to say with my experiance, anything other than a strong character and it's over for him i'm afraid