Sean Gregan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeez, what a fall from grace big man , although he was never the most mobile im guessing his bodys caught up on him

I thought he was treated badly by the management, he was easily good enough to play in a team that finished 17th….Fleetwood releasing him is purely academic. He would have got fit if he was here simple. We wouldn't have offered him an extension in late 2009 if we thought he wasn't up to it.

Edited by oafcprozac

I thought he was treated badly by the management, he was easily good enough to play in a team that finished 17th….Fleetwood releasing him is purely academic. He would have got fit if he was here simple. We wouldn't have offered him an extension in late 2009 if we thought he wasn't up to it.

It's 2011 now,we got rid at the right time,he was beginning to look like Dawn french

It's 2011 now,we got rid at the right time,he was beginning to look like Dawn french

I'm not saying that he would have played the full season but he would have been good to have around the place during the :censored: run and can anyone honestly say he would have been worse than Todd?

I'm not saying that he would have played the full season but he would have been good to have around the place during the :censored: run and can anyone honestly say he would have been worse than Todd?

Forget about Todd,got a feeling that Dickov and Gregan didn't see eye to eye,and I don't mean in height way

He left because he wanted to play football which we couldn't guarantee. That shows in his willingness to play in the lower leagues.

Gregan wouldnt have been good to have around he has to any problem's and would have brought it all to latics no thanks fat elvis has left the building.

I always rated Gregan and felt that he went into last season as first choice but injury and the good form of Rubes and Jean meant he couldn't break into the team. Dickov openly praised his attitude and showed later on the season that he doesnt just praise outgoing players lightly (Jarrett). I think Gregan would have struggled with how high up the defence played last season he would have been caught out way too often. Good luck to him though and still thankful for Penney's season, if it wasn't for him god knows where we would be.

Same reason Sharp got rid of Ritchie I believe…..

Sharp got rid of Ritchie because he had applied for the job aswell and Ritchie was the fans choice

He was given the job on Joes reccomendation before he left for goodison and thought he wouldnt stand a chance with the fans if stitch stayed- especially with 1 of the 2 of them being very popular with the fans and the other being the new manager.

I'm amazed we have a Greegs thread & there's no sign of Stitch posting so far……….

As I've posted previously; I was a big admirer of Gregan the player…..as has been said he pretty much kept us up under Diamond Dave single-handedly.

However, the sheer workload he put himself through that season caught up with him last season - and TBH; I feel PD made the right call from a footballing perspective in allowing him to leave the club. Greegs was overweight, unfit and really struggling when he left us - and IMO; League 1 football was beyond him. It was sad to watch him struggle in the reserve games he played; as he wasn’t the same player anymore and it would have only shown up more readily in 1st team action.

I think PD realised we missed someone in our young side with experience & leadership after Gregan had left us; but his 'Todd experiment' didn’t work out for whatever reason. If we could have grafted Greegs' head onto the body of Tarky or M'Voto then problem solved; but I don’t think Gregan would have been able to cope with L1 action anymore and we couldn’t really justify keeping him on his contract just to be 'around the club' but not playing. The fact no other L1 or League 2 side came in for him; and it was to Non-league he went said it all to me - unfortunately the big man was a spent force.

Great memories of him from his time here, but his ship sailed at exactly the right for me. Hope he enjoys his swan-song up north with the part-timers; and gets to kick as many non-league strikers as he can get near enough to!!!