Sean Gregan

Warhurst played games at cb, but played more games at fullback for us before Trevor francis signed him as a fullback/centre half before he became a striker and eventually a midfielder. Linighan I remember dropping any a bollock he was decent but loses out fir the same reason Marshall does. Wanted to include michel vonk but could only include 10 thought exactly what we lacked after we sold the ageing and increasingly injury prone jobbo just what we needed but stott wouldn't stump up...

But by that thought process if you left him off because he also played full back Warhurst surely played more games than Webster at centre half for Latics

He only moved to full back once Irwin was sold but played the majority of the time before that replacing Holden in centre back when injured (all the time)

More games at right back? (I would say it was a close call)

How many games did Webster and Vonk play for us (both 3 month loans at most???)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 10 Centre-Halves in my time (from November '86)

1. Kevin Moore

2. Richard Jobson

3. Earl Barrett

4. Craig Fleming

5. Andy Holden

6. Sean Gregan

7. Steve Redmond

8. Fitz Hall

9. Simon Webster

10. Clint Hill

Kevin Moore was a little before my time, but the rest of your list is spot-on in my book. I would have Jobson, Barrett and Fleming as central defenders in my all-time Latics squad of 23.

Kevin Moore was a little before my time, but the rest of your list is spot-on in my book. I would have Jobson, Barrett and Fleming as central defenders in my all-time Latics squad of 23.

shaun garnett wat about him pffffffffff

Centre Halves?

Excuse me but any list of the best in the last 50 years has to include:

Kenny Clements

Paul Futcher

Allan Lawson

John Hurst

Good centre backs all of 'em = but none of them played for us in the premier league - it has to be Jobson, Barrett and even 'Moose' Marshall for me.