Milan. Restaurant

Ah bugger - forgot Ben Amos.

Still, 3 in a good number of years hardly constitutes 'only looking at the Manchester clubs'

The point I was trying to make is that we shouldn't concentrate all our efforts on them, not that we do now.

My main gripe was the brownnosing of Citeh; a few decent youngsters from any club, no matter who, would be good for the club. Was the last loanee we had who wasn't rank average Ryan Bertrand?

Anyway, my point was that if we are trying to cosy up to clubs in order to get decent loanees, it shouldn't be just the two Manchester teams. We shouldn't have to hang laser blue bunting to get the scraps from teams like Citeh. If they don't want to send their players here, fine. We don't need them.

Edited by seasidelatic

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point I was trying to make is that we shouldn't concentrate all our efforts on them, not that we do now.

My main gripe was the brownnosing of Citeh; a few decent youngsters from any club, no matter who, would be good for the club. Was the last loanee we had who wasn't rank average Ryan Bertrand?

Anyway, my point was that if we are trying to cosy up to clubs in order to get decent loanees, it shouldn't be just the two Manchester teams. We shouldn't have to hang laser blue bunting to get the scraps from teams like Citeh. If they don't want to send their players here, fine. We don't need them.

Rank average? M'voto was good? Tonk for best part was better than 'rank average'. Targetting local players is better for the club, as they won't need time to settle as they know the area (roughly depending on where from if local) and if released from that club and did well for us, we have a better chance of signing them than others. Look at Evina, rejected us so he could move back to the area where he has spent years there, and Kieran Lee who rejected QPR ( i think? ) to join us as he wanted to stay local. United have one of bestg academies in the world, you can't deny it, City are building theirs up to a world class standard, and the youngsters from them two clubs are most likely to be better than from other clubs, so you should be fine if its just the two manchester teams we target (which it isn't, we've had what, 3 or 4 on loan from between them in like 10 years or so?). Having two world class academies on our doorstep, has a good chance of benefitting us and no one should really complain if it benefits us?

Rank average? M'voto was good? Tonk for best part was better than 'rank average'. Targetting local players is better for the club, as they won't need time to settle as they know the area (roughly depending on where from if local) and if released from that club and did well for us, we have a better chance of signing them than others. Look at Evina, rejected us so he could move back to the area where he

has spent years there, and Kieran Lee who rejected QPR ( i think? ) to join us as he wanted to stay local. United have one of bestg academies in the world, you can't deny it, City are building theirs up to a world class standard, and the youngsters from them two clubs are most likely to be better

than from other clubs, so you should be fine if its just the two manchester teams we target (which it isn't, we've had what, 3 or 4 on loan from between them in like 10 years or so?). Having two world class academies on our doorstep, has a good chance of benefitting us and no one should

really complain if it benefits us?

No no one should complain but they will. Our best loanees from recent time have not come from the Manchester clubs like Kilkenny, Bertrand, Mvoto, Lowe, :censored:.

If latics want to make a few quid from something they got for free then what's the problem? Or are people just being picky because of who team was?

No no one should complain but they will. Our best loanees from recent time have not come from the Manchester clubs like Kilkenny, Bertrand, Mvoto, Lowe, :censored:.

If latics want to make a few quid from something they got for free then what's the problem? Or are people just being picky because of who team was?

Killkenny came from Birmingham think you mean Croft from Man City.

Personally it would not bother me in the slightest if were Citeh's feeder club. In fact I think it is something we should be looking into, especially if it means we could get a good standard of loan player, first picks on their rejects and maybe some extra revenue. It might help the club get to a position where they can be self sufficient.

Not a bad team of ex City players....

GK - Harry Dowd

BACK FOUR - Earl Barratt

Paul Futcher

Kenny Clements

Bill Spurdle

MIDFIELD - Lee Croft

Bobby Johnstone

Paul Warhurst

Mike Milligan

STRIKERS - Bert Lister

Roger Palmer

Personally it would not bother me in the slightest if were Citeh's feeder club. In fact I think it is something we should be looking into, especially if it means we could get a good standard of loan player, first picks on their rejects and maybe some extra revenue. It might help the club get to a position where they can be self sufficient.

Think Rochdale will become exactly that over the next few years.

[quote name='slystallone'

As for the bold - when was the last City player we had on loan? Croft under Talberk IIRC; and from united on loan? Cooper again under Talberk IIRC.

What about Amos last season ??

To be honest i have no problem with City or United loaning us any decent players if they can help Oldham Athletic achieve any success!

Back on the thread topic. I've been to Milan bar on the previous latics function and found the food previously far better on that occasion. I feel they tried to cram to many in this time and found it hard to serve the food to that many. Hence spoiled it. It was edible though so don't wish to give the impression is was :censored:e.

I would be interested in knowing what the bottom line raised for the Trust was though.

Back on the thread topic. I've been to Milan bar on the previous latics function and found the food previously far better on that occasion. I feel they tried to cram to many in this time and found it hard to serve the food to that many. Hence spoiled it. It was edible though so don't wish to give the impression is was :censored:e.

I would be interested in knowing what the bottom line raised for the Trust was though.

No the food wasn't :censored:e but elements were a let down and disappointing, especially the guys comments to my wife and the look he gave Dan when he said the 'plate was hot be careful', Dan rightly told him 'put it down then', talk about dirty looks!

My food was lovely but then again I went for the veggie option, not massed produced and very nice!!!

Was also impressed that my winning bottle of red wine was swapped for rose wine when I asked.

There was a few too many people in the room and it was a bit warm but all in all, it was a good night and raised lots of money for the trust.

(oh and the city tickets were offered by PD on the spot. It would've been disrespectful to turn to him and say 'no thanks, you can keep them' He was offering a way for the Trust to get more money and there's nothing wrong with that)