Transfers

Seems very strange that we are less than 2 weeks away from the season and by his own comments he is still a keeper, midfielder and striker short and there is no whispers

looks like we will be going down the loan route for a striker, unless he feels rueben and smith are the answer with feeney and brooke backing them up

Is Euan Holden likely or was that never on the cards?

Seems very strange that we are less than 2 weeks away from the season and by his own comments he is still a keeper, midfielder and striker short and there is no whispers

looks like we will be going down the loan route for a striker, unless he feels rueben and smith are the answer with feeney and brooke backing them up

It's a tad perplexing that we have not signed that striker/midfielder/defender - would have expected to have one or two of the trialists signed on by now on a one year deal. It is getting close to the season's start and maybe the solution will be a loan signing.

I believe we will see a signing after the Burnley game.

My one fear with an already small squad is that Taylor has a blinder against Burnley and they put in a bid - time to rest CT I think.... :wink:

It's a tad perplexing that we have not signed that striker/midfielder/defender - would have expected to have one or two of the trialists signed on by now on a one year deal.

What are Smith , Mvoto , Diamond Morais and Reid then ?

I understand who we have signed but after those 4 signings you mention Dickov himself has said there are more signings to come

Yes i agree signing a player is a drown out process which is why you normally hear rumours!!

I understand who we have signed but after those 4 signings you mention Dickov himself has said there are more signings to come

Yes i agree signing a player is a drown out process which is why you normally hear rumours!!

Lucky to hear anything if it's a drown out process

not really...players still having trials,maybe its a simple case of players we are chasing are leaving there options open until the very last moment....maybe after tonights game taylor has a blinder burnley offer a million then we will make signings....who knows...

the loan market will always be the route we take...if it gets us up i dont care...least dickov brings in loan players who enhance the team...

after watching the burnley game, i'd say we need a couple of midfielders, a striker and a keeper.

that fernandez looks ok but would get too many yellows and would need someone else to fill in, maybe someone who could also play wide to provide back-up for morais and taylor. and smith and reid could work but would take time and maybe a loanee with a bit of pace to run onto smith's endless flick-ons.

not far away from a decent team.

This is all getting very confusing with Wizzer and Wozzer posting on the same thread?

As for signings, chill out there is still plenty of time. I would guess (and very much hope) we will bring in 1 or 2 permanently and a couple of loan signings........... watch this space!

I've said it before; most Prem sides are currently away on tour with squads of 35+ players.....their respective managers will be making decisions about who they are keeping; who they wish to sell and who they want to loan out everyday - and when they start to return home; deals will start to kick-on a pace.

Going off what PD managed to achieve last season in the loan market - we'll once again be looking at some promising kids from Prem sides, so I would imagine (& hope!!) That these loan deals will be announced over the next 5-10 days.

The window is still a while off closing so there really is plenty of time before we need to start panicing IMO

I've said it before; most Prem sides are currently away on tour with squads of 35+ players.....their respective managers will be making decisions about who they are keeping; who they wish to sell and who they want to loan out everyday - and when they start to return home; deals will start to kick-on a pace.

Going off what PD managed to achieve last season in the loan market - we'll once again be looking at some promising kids from Prem sides, so I would imagine (& hope!!) That these loan deals will be announced over the next 5-10 days.

The window is still a while off closing so there really is plenty of time before we need to start panicing IMO

Where's the 'gotthatcompetelywrong' emoticon anyone?? :blush: