LATICS STAYInG AT BP

It would definitely appear that way, The potential lasting legacy of The TTA could be a new council built stand and a car park full of houses.. Maybe new maths have been done and the house sales give them some kind of return that enables them to walk.

I've always wanted to stay at BP but from a long term point of view I don't know what much a new stand is going to change, We're stagnent and need a massive pick me up which the original plans for the development of BP would've given us I reckon.. Just not sure what will change with 1 stand.

Hopefully there is other stuff going on in the background in terms of investment and good news will be around the corner

Agree, as much as BP is our spiritual home, it is part of the problem. Four or five years ago it was part of the solution now it is simply killing the club. One new stand as others say just creates a white elephant and to me no matter what the facilities is shuffling the deck chairs round on the Titanic, if that's the best OMBC can do, sue them for double and go over to Tameside and give us the ground we need to flourish….If they can pull £5.7m in grants, loans etc out of the air they'd only need maybe £8m more to build an indentikit……I always said this is what would happen..us left with a white elephant with the rest of the ground condemned or even demolished…

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me this sounds like awful news. I dont want a new stand I want the club to have a brand new state of the art stadium, I dont even care that much if it is identikit. If we have 1 new stand its going to look like Wrexham and look whats happened to them!!

A fresh start is needed for the whole club. A new stand is a white elephant in my eyes. I have no problem staying at BP but for gods sake bulldoze the whole thing and start again. Not happy at all with this until a proper plan for a redeveloped BP is unveiled for the whole ground.

With you all the way here.

Awful, awful, awful news, and its so short sighted its unbelievable. What good is one new stand going to do when we need a minimum of three assuming you milk a bit longer out of the RRE.

Interesting what they put in that..

" - Agree to pay a capital grant to Oldham Athletic.

- Agree that no further funds will be invested in the development of the club "

I'm glad the NIMBY's down there are going to get a big retail park on their doorstep in the end anyway :grin:

OAFC no longer considers Failsorth as the preferred location. Wonder why?

£700k grant (not loan), acquisition of Lancaster club and new (cheaper) lease on Chapel Rd.

As stated elsewhere if a new stand generates enough cash from non football related activities to cover the upkeep of the Chaddy and the Main I'll take it.

For those who want to turn the ground round and fully redevelop, keep looking for those money trees, they're elusive buggers though.

Interesting what they put in that..

" - Agree to pay a capital grant to Oldham Athletic.

- Agree that no further funds will be invested in the development of the club "

So basically its a case of 'right, here's the money, but as from now you are on your own'

So basically its a case of 'right, here's the money, but as from now you are on your own'

And for me that's fine. We get one stand for 'free' from the council money, and maybe a housing on the bits of BP we can build on will pay for the rest........... as I said earlier, we need to hear the full details of what the club has planned now. Fingers crossed :)

Call me selfish but i wanted a fresh start with a new ground and all the nice facilities ect. and where it was didn't bother me!

That aint gonna happen at BP, build a nice new main stand make sure it holds 4k and let the rest fall down over the next couple of years! We'll end up with a one sided ground and think how lucky we once were to have a 3 sided ground!

Call me selfish but i wanted a fresh start with a new ground and all the nice facilities ect. and where it was didn't bother me!

That aint gonna happen at BP, build a nice new main stand make sure it holds 4k and let the rest fall down over the next couple of years! We'll end up with a one sided ground and think how lucky we once were to have a 3 sided ground!

Not selfish at all! Just some forward thinking. A scaled down version of 1 stand from a development which was originally going to cost much more is not a new start and I cannot see how the fortunes of the club are going to change for the better at all.

Many other clubs, similar and smaller have managed to build themselves new grounds, why are we settling for just 1 stand!

Same here

The current main stand and chaddy end will not last another five years, however much the club may want to patch it up. What are the club going to do when the time comes that Health and Safety will no longer give main stand and chaddy end a safety certificate, then we are left with a two sided stadium!!!

I think this is fantastic news.... if latics use this money wisely we could flattern and tarmack the carpark and make this new stand the entrance to the club with changing rooms, conference rooms, ticket office, club shop and hospitality suites etc then in wouldnt matter as much that the main stand and chaddy road end need work because that can all be done in due time. Rome wasnt built in a day

:scarf001::chubb::lookers::zigga::chubb::scarf001:

I think this is fantastic news.... if latics use this money wisely we could flattern and tarmack the carpark and make this new stand the entrance to the club with changing rooms, conference rooms, ticket office, club shop and hospitality suites etc then in wouldnt matter as much that the main stand and chaddy road end need work because that can all be done in due time. Rome wasnt built in a day

:scarf001::chubb::lookers::zigga::chubb::scarf001:

They don't need work though. They need flattening.

mainstand moaner by anychance?

Nope, lasted all of two games in the mainstand upper

Just a fan verging on former fan who wanted a fresh start for the club, and to see the club move forward and work towards establishing itself in the championship, hence whilst I had certain reservations, I was still fully behind failsworth.

One new stand at Boundary Park when we need a bare minimum of three is not going to solve anything. As I said earlier, what are the club going to do when Health and Safety turn round and refuse to give the main stand and chaddy end safety certificates?

Keep the RRE, Build a big nice shiny new main stand on the lookers, refurbish the chaddy and then bulldoze the main stand and make it like the small stand at Tranmere. there we go but yet i carnt see it happening.

OOO a nice all standing Terrace where the main stand is just like the one at Dale with a decent foundation to give us an option to extend if we need in future! RRE is ok, so is Chaddy all it needs is a lick of paint and a BAR!!!!

How would it work with planning? We already have provisional (or what ever u call it) permission for a new lookers, but dont we have to go through the whole process again for the others?

Can the club really afford the time and effort for more fights with the nimbys / council and it draggin on for another X amount of years?? We all know the answer to that dont we!

Nope, lasted all of two games in the mainstand upper

Just a fan verging on former fan who wanted a fresh start for the club, and to see the club move forward and work towards establishing itself in the championship, hence whilst I had certain reservations, I was still fully behind failsworth.

One new stand at Boundary Park when we need a bare minimum of three is not going to solve anything. As I said earlier, what are the club going to do when Health and Safety turn round and refuse to give the main stand and chaddy end safety certificates?

why support a move out of the town in an area filled with fans of rival clubs.. top way to alienate your fans!

[/b]

Totally take your point but my view on this is IF we have to stay at BP maximise what we have and flatten the rest. As stated elsewhere the depth between Sheepfoot Lane and the pitch is tiny in building terms. We have one stand that looks reasonable that could be extended to become a long side of pitch relatively cheaply. One stand sorted but the two behind goals can then be looked at one obviously becomes the new Lookers but set further back to allow pitch to be turned. Possibly bollocks but just a thought. One things for sure the main stand and Chaddy are goners unless Uncle Ray or like steps in...mmmm???

The bit thats got me is the NO FUTURE HELP.... Threaten to sue the bastards and the delay could kill us... shocking state of afairs. To make it sound like doing us a favour disgusting.

It says in the article that the agreement is only verbal at the moment and that Latics are still skeptical.

To me, I look at this as the council's way of covering their backs, so they can't be accused of doing nothing and letting the club move out of the town.

Think Ryder and Dutton are gonna have to knock 30k or so off the asking prices of them houses now :-)

Edited by Lookers_Carl