LATICS STAYInG AT BP

The RRE needs its roof fixing and the catering facilities need updating and doubling. We struggle to service the fans we currently get, if there was an increase it would be worse.

Catch 22 though, to pay for the additional facilities we need more fans with existing facilities which leads to more complaints and disgruntlement.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a fan verging on former fan who wanted a fresh start for the club, and to see the club move forward and work towards establishing itself in the championship, hence whilst I had certain reservations, I was still fully behind failsworth.

+1

Exactly how i feel about it all! Gettin really fed up with it now!

Same here

The current main stand and chaddy end will not last another five years, however much the club may want to patch it up. What are the club going to do when the time comes that Health and Safety will no longer give main stand and chaddy end a safety certificate, then we are left with a two sided stadium!!!

^This

The Main Stand is not going to last much longer and The Chaddy was built as a basic structure when compared to other Football Stadia, I'm sure I heard recently that it costs around £200k just to get the ground to pass it's safety certificate. Sorry that I sound negative but I just don't see a £5.7 Million loan being enough

OOO a nice all standing Terrace where the main stand is just like the one at Dale with a decent foundation to give us an option to extend if we need in future! RRE is ok, so is Chaddy all it needs is a lick of paint and a BAR!!!!

And a new roof, it's been there 20 years and needs doing up.. Could be done up well without kncoking down though I'd of thought

Want to understand the following:

1) What is the real proposal for the whole of BP - all 4 stands?

2) How will this make the football club more sustainable?

3) What other income can be derived from this?

4) Is TTA plan to take their cut (repaying Blitz) and get out of town?

I'm not fussed about the council saying "no more after this" - once the dispute over Failsworth is settled. The club shouldn't rely on subsidies from the taxpayer to exist.

First instinct is positive. If a tarted up Boundary Park can give fans better faciltiies, bring in more support and generate off pitch incomne (conferencing etc) great. I suspect the cost of doing up the Chaddy doesn't need to be exceptional and Lee's suggestion of flattening the mainstand and doing a Tranmere type low stand down the side of the ground isn't potty.

As ever, it all comes down to money. Didn't TTA pay £3.5m for the Lancaster Club? If so, won't they want that money back with a return? So how much does that really give Latics to build a decent stand with multiple facilities, refurbish a stand and demolish one and replace it with a cheapo job?

We need to hear from the Club.

Failsworth is in Oldham mate, and it was much more commercially viable than staying at Boundary Park.

Failsworth is Oldham as far as its ran by OMBC.. i was brought up in failsworth M35 and everyone who lives there classes it as Manchestohhhh! forget failsworth and its City/United Fans...

lets rejoice at the fact that we are stayin in the town were we belong!

Edited by Massimo.Oldham

Failsworth is Oldham as far as its ran by OMBC.. i was brought up in failsworth M35 and everyone who lives there classes it as Manchestohhhh! forget failsworth and its City/United Fans...

Doesn't matter what the people who live there think. Where it actually is, and where the people who live there consider themselves from is two different things. If it was in Manchester the club would never have been allowed to move there.

Your spot on with saying forget failsworth, as it was a dead duck in January, but I am sure as hell not going to rejoice at a short sighted quick fix that will solve nothing.

I'm expecting a club statement later today saying nothings done yet and they're still taking their time.. Slightly concerned it came out through a paper, which could put the club off

If we do build this stand, all I can see happening is knocking down the current main stand that's falling down and still having 3 sides at the end of it.

I'm hoping plans for the other 2 stands will be in place because they'd need to be for the club to continue. I'm not convinced yet because of the other times we've heard this sort of thing, but if it's planned well it could be the good news we've been waiting for.

I'm not going to start shouting against or for it, I want to see the plans first. I would rather leave BP and Oldham if the money to leave was right, but if we are to stay at BP with a new stadium I will still be happy. One thing I won't do is jump on Corney's back about what was said with Failsworth, it is obvious if this does come through all some will talk about is how they lied to us. If we stay at BP it is becausse circumstances have changed and it is now more viable.

Not read the thread - just the Council notes for the upcoming meeting posed 1st by Stevie_J.

This may have been posted by other but I can't help but feel a little deflated by this. 1 new 'all singing, all dancing' stand IMO won't make much of a difference to anything really; apart from the aesthetics when looking out at the new stand. It will still mean we have a further 2 stands to redevelop (Main Stand & Chaddy) and the other 1 to refurb (RRE). We could run the risk of a real white elephant.

I eagerly await the clubs statement on this; and getting to see some firm plans of how a development might shape up.

Being brutal - this smacks of the council merely ticking boxes; being seen to be doing something when actually they aren't / won't be delivering what we require; namely a full new ground off site in the Borough.

That really bug's me. Rochdale spotland ground has a OL post code do they class themselves as Oldham? doubt it!

Not read the thread - just the Council notes for the upcoming meeting posed 1st by Stevie_J.

This may have been posted by other but I can't help but feel a little deflated by this. 1 new 'all singing, all dancing' stand IMO won't make much of a difference to anything really; apart from the aesthetics when looking out at the new stand. It will still mean we have a further 2 stands to redevelop (Main Stand & Chaddy) and the other 1 to refurb (RRE). We could run the risk of a real white elephant.

I eagerly await the clubs statement on this; and getting to see some firm plans of how a development might shape up.Being brutal - this smacks of the council merely ticking boxes; being seen to be doing something when actually they aren't / won't be delivering what we require; namely a full new ground off site in the Borough.

You're right we do have to wait for proper plans and information from the club.

But, let's look at it this way. The original plans to develop BP fell down because of the credit crunch and the resultant drop in the value of the land at BP. This meant that the money we would get for it's sale for housing wouldn't cover the costs of redeveloping BP. Now however, if we are getting a stand for 'free' (from the money from the council for the Lancaster Club land) maybe the land IS worth enough to go through with the plans for the other parts of the ground. Personally, I think we could leave the RRE alone, and rebuild the Chaddy and Main Stand, I would say there is a chance that land sale at BP could cover the cost of this quite easily.

Anyway, just a positive spin on today's events :wink:

I live in Bury and have a BL postcode which I presume is Bolton, it still means that my house is in Bury but the people who deliver my mail use a system to identify where my house is and they have classified me as being under the auspices of the Bolton sorting office.

1.3 The Club is now considering ways in which it could finance the construction of

a new stand at the existing ground at Boundary Park which would generate an

income to fund the necessary borrowings and which would secure the long

term future of the Club in Oldham. Part of the required financing could be

raised through disposing of its interest in the Lancaster Club and through the

re-gearing of the existing lease from the Council on land at Chapel Road

This bit is key for me. Reading between the lines, it suggests that the club will borrow money against the revenue generated by a new stand in order to refurbish the rest of the ground?

How much did we / tta / corney pay for the lancaster club?

How much was spent on plans / land testing (if any) / upkeep ect?

If the purchase was made by all 3 amigo's, how much (if any) will they want back?

Let's face it this is good for Oldham everyone has moaned about moving to failsworth, so when the club look at securing BP and using the money to build a new stand people start moaning.. Unreal! corney has made his mistake by knocking lookers stand down, and people who earn money like that dont make the same mistake twice!! We are at BP for the long term future this is what we all wanted to re do BP let's get behind it and enjoy!!!

"However if we get this initial support from the Council next week, we will have a platform upon which to build and which we can take forward in our discussions with a funding partner for a redeveloped and sustainable stadium".

Reading that makes it look like they want to redevelop the whole stadium.

Let's face it this is good for Oldham everyone has moaned about moving to failsworth, so when the club look at securing BP and using the money to build a new stand people start moaning.. Unreal! corney has made his mistake by knocking lookers stand down, and people who earn money like that dont make the same mistake twice!! We are at BP for the long term future this is what we all wanted to re do BP let's get behind it and enjoy!!!

Again, where has this assumption come from that all fans want to stay at Boundary Park? It isn't what we all wanted, its what some fans wanted.

Quite a few posters in this thread, including myself, who aren't happy with this, preferred the idea of a fresh start and new stadium elsewhere.

I understand that but we go bk to where in a reasonable distance from our current ground which is accessible like BP do you have 30 acres to build a ground? By all means if you know of somewhere we wouldn't be staying at BP and if you do tell the club!! I just think BP has the land and Capability to be become what blackpools ground is now!

I understand that but we go bk to where in a reasonable distance from our current ground which is accessible like BP do you have 30 acres to build a ground? By all means if you know of somewhere we wouldn't be staying at BP and if you do tell the club!! I just think BP has the land and Capability to be become what blackpools ground is now!

Not quite sure how I feel about all this, but indeed that is a great example of where redevelopment has worked. Obviously to match that we will need to workaround the development limitations of the main stand. The old BP redevelopment plans I think on the whole were popular, and providing this is for a FULL refurbishment I think this could work too.