spoons in fleetwood!

You went to a spoons and expected better?

They used to - and may still - microwave their steaks!

oh christ that's what i had! Now i do feel sick. And Lukers i was designated taxi for today. I had one pint of that strong oak tasting lager on the road near the bingo hall.

oh christ that's what i had! Now i do feel sick. And Lukers i was designated taxi for today. I had one pint of that strong oak tasting lager on the road near the bingo hall.

ha ha,, oh well sit tight next to the :censored:ter, all is well, i bet u even have a sun burnt head,.

haven't quite hit the :censored: stage yet. Just blocking every toilet and sink in the house with more puke than i thought possible for me to store...

your a ** young man,, never brag about having the :censored:s on your travels. It ain't good and certainly isnt clever to undermine the fine ales on offer within this fine country of ours.. stick to friggin lime and lemon :grin:

I went to a pub called the queens mate was top notch hope we get them in the FA cup nice ground great set of fans.

Don't know how true this is cos i heard it second hand, but a friend of a friend claims she got a soup and roll from a wetherspoons in manchester and, after eating half the roll, thought it tasted a bit odd. Turned it over and the bottom was covered in green mould. Complained to the manager, who apparently refused to give her a refund on the basis that mould is an integral part of a lot of cheeses and therefore wouldn't do her any harm. :huh:

And as far as i know they still cook everything off site, send it out frozen and microwave it in the pubs.

@Carl - Like Rosa said, it's cooked off site en masse and then shipped out frozen. They just warm it up and stick it on a plate!

My Ex ran one for a while before we met and some of her stories were frankly terrifying. And I live with a former chef - so I've heard some pretty bad stories!

@Carl - Like Rosa said, it's cooked off site en masse and then shipped out frozen. They just warm it up and stick it on a plate!

My Ex ran one for a while before we met and some of her stories were frankly terrifying. And I live with a former chef - so I've heard some pretty bad stories!

Is this the chain where they caught some cretin, for want of a better phrase "rubbing one out" in the noodles? Or was that an urban myth?

Why kid yourself that you are getting the head chef's personal touch when you buy some pub food? I tend to go for whatever they cant get too far wrong. If its something that is straight from the microwave to the plate, all the better.

Is this the chain where they caught some cretin, for want of a better phrase "rubbing one out" in the noodles? Or was that an urban myth?

I'm sure that must happen in lots of places? What was the Eminem video where he was gobbing in the onion rings (possibly slim shady one)......... if only we knew what went on nobody would ever eat out again!!!

I know someone who works in a 'spoons kitchen. A lot off the stuff is microwaved but definately not the steaks (chargrilled), sausages, bacon or any other meat that's usually grilled or fried.

Busy periods, in the aforementioned spoons, they'd grill um all up early doors and microwave them!

Like LL says that's not to say I don't eat equivalent levels of tosh - it's just about knowing what you're getting.