SHOCK U TURN!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Some interesting points in that article...

" but it is understood the club will remain at Boundary Park and still take the cash regardless of the expected U-turn "

So latics have not signed anything or agreed to it?

"But once investors in the failed project have been paid it is not known how much will remain for redevelopment.

The club say they need to find backers for the new stand and hope work will start within a year. It could include a hotel, gym, retail and leisure facilities and a conference suite."

I thought that was sorted?

Wonderfull you couldnt make it up.

What a waste of time and money for ALL concerned. The commercially sensitive negotiations will be interesting now. Its only approved not a signed off deal is it at this point?

Confusing for everyone.

Thats exactly what i thought like my post above shows.

Did the council know this or was it a suprise caused by the Lib Dems appealing against all odds?

Does this benefit OMBC/OAFC financially?

If the club choses to - can it go back to the Failsworth project?

Hopefully this hasn't affected our plans us as a club or p*ssed off Corney to the extent that he walks away from this maddness. It'd be interested to hear his opinions on this story (if true). We all have our opinions on where's best for Latics but this will cause a few pro Failsworth supporters to moan a wee bit today!

Did the council know this or was it a suprise caused by the Lib Dems appealing against all odds?

Does this benefit OMBC/OAFC financially?

If the club choses to - can it go back to the Failsworth project?

Hopefully this hasn't affected our plans us as a club or p*ssed off Corney to the extent that he walks away from this maddness. It'd be interested to hear his opinions on this story (if true). We all have our opinions on where's best for Latics but this will cause a few pro Failsworth supporters to moan a wee bit today!

A quote from the article..

" but it is understood the club will remain at Boundary Park and still take the cash regardless of the expected U-turn "

so yeah i think it could do.

A quote from the article..

so yeah i think it could do.

If that quote is from Corney then for him to say that so soon must mean that the deal we've been given is better for Latics (or for himself/ex owners as a get out clause - just throwing that one in there :wink: ). I hope we get a club statement today to enlighten the situation further.

I think this 'news' has emerged now as without it, the council would have been saddled with a load of land that no-one can do anything with. They (the council) will have come out of this in a much better position that we have. However, we are where we are and can hopefully start to look forward now. Onwards and upwards and all that.

If that quote is from Corney then for him to say that so soon must mean that the deal we've been given is better for Latics (or for himself/ex owners as a get out clause - just throwing that one in there :wink: ). I hope we get a club statement today to enlighten the situation further.

Nope its from today's release. I just want to know how it was better to stay at bp than failsworth?

If Failsworth has a green light... and considering the money already sunk into the Failsworth project... It seems madness that the club would not be moving to Failsworth...

My guess is that so much money has been blown on the Failsworth project it may well not be financially viable for us to move there any more... So we sit at BP, which already has three stands, and we wait for magical dragon to land with a bucket of cash...

Edited by oafc0000

Absolutely unbelievable!!!!

And reading the MEN article, the only reason OMBC offered the 5.7m was solely because of the threat of legal action by the club.

"We want to keep the club in the borough at all costs"............what a load of :censored:e!!!!

Surely you would have expected OMBC to have explored the appeal result put in place by the Lib Dems before offering the money to the club.

Like somebody said earlier....you just couldn't make it up!!!!!

I would think that the fact that Oldham council could now potentially use both sites to build on rather than just the lancaster club would add some considerable value to the lancaster club......somehow think it might be independently evaluated again before any papers are signed.

Even as a staunch supporter of the Failsworth scheme though, whilst Iwould have zero complaints if there was another twist and the club went back to failsworth route, I agree with Ian Barker, just put it down as a bad experience and start afresh with the proposed BP redevelopment, as I think they will probably have a good 90% of Latics fans onside with that one.

I agree with Ian Barker, just put it down as a bad experience and start afresh with the proposed BP redevelopment, as I think they will probably have a good 90% of Latics fans onside with that one.

I think for the fans sanity you should all just do this...

Absolutely unbelievable!!!!

And reading the MEN article, the only reason OMBC offered the 5.7m was solely because of the threat of legal action by the club.

"We want to keep the club in the borough at all costs"............what a load of :censored:e!!!!

Surely you would have expected OMBC to have explored the appeal result put in place by the Lib Dems before offering the money to the club.

Like somebody said earlier....you just couldn't make it up!!!!!

I would love to know if any actual negotiations took place with Tameside council or somewhere else, or whether it was all just a smokescreen

So, the Council were right all along - the land could be built on?? Should the criticism actually be aimed at the Charity Commission and do some on here owe the Council an apology?

As for which site/development is best for us - absolutely impossible to know at this stage as we have not had any detail about the non-football income streams both sites offer.

Personally, I hope we stick with the redevelopment of BP as long it offers us the opportunity to become self-sustainable.

Edited by Yard Dog