• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really wank. Seen enough to know he isn't going to put the effort in. Get rid.

bit harsh, he was poor but sheff had a decent defence. he just needs to be quicker with what he does and not wait for the ball. he'd be a much better playuer if he decided to take a gamble on a run or a header every now and again, as he is at the moment, he's predictable. something to work with smith though

Reid isn't gash but he needs to work harder for the team and stop sulking when he's brought off. He did the same when he came off against MK Dons last game of last season.

i'd say that proves all the people saying he doesnt give a toss wrong. might be because he wanted to play, or he thought he hadnt done well, but i'd prefer him to be annoyed and want to play than just go straight to the dressing room

Reid isn't gash but he needs to work harder for the team and stop sulking when he's brought off. He did the same when he came off against MK Dons last game of last season.

How long did he play for today? Parker came on and did twice as much work as him in alot shorter time.

Reid will be a flop just like feeney.

How long did he play for today? Parker came on and did twice as much work as him in alot shorter time.

Reid will be a flop just like feeney.

More than twice as much.

You can see Reid has ability there but he's not working hard enough. He'll probably end up a flop.

All i ask any player is that they put a shift in. I don't mind if they are :censored:, i support a skint third division side. Reid today didn't even want to run, or chase down a single loose ball, (never mind win a header, or go in where it hurts) attribtes that don't need ANY technical ability. It's not beong doom and gloom, it's just stating the obvious- he can't be arsed. Cheers reuben.

Did you see his performance today?

To be fair he actually took up some nice positions today and looked pretty frustrated at his team mates never really finding him when he did. He showed a few nice touches and some bad ones but if you expect him to chase lost causes all day long you're gonna be disappointed, that's not who he is and he never will be. There was one moment in the first half that particularly stands out. Cross came in from Black, Smith went for goal with little pace on the cross and him fairly static so having to generate all the power himself, Reid had pulled away from his man for an easy knock down but he was ignored when it would have been a certain goal. He looked bemused to say the least as was I, but you know, strike parnterships need a bit of time to come together properly. The big problem isn't that reid lacks ability or that he's particularly lazy, it's that Oldham fans love a headless chicken. If we had a team of headless chickens giving it their all and got relegated, most of our fan base would be chuffed to bits it seems.

I should add I thought Parker played reasonably well and this isn't a reference to him. He looked ridiculously quick and pressurised the defence with little reward but showed little in terms of technical ability apart from one very decent cross (because the service was :censored: mainly, rather than him doing anything wrong). Reid is this year's scapegoat though, tell your friends.

The fact is both strikers received little service and that's down to a midfield lacking creativity, two wide men who hardly put a cross in and two central midfielders sitting on the halfway line won't supply many chances to strikers, what's more the midfielders aren't forceful enough and are often dispossessed.

I'm not saying Reid did well, but a better supply would have made a vast difference.

Edited by BP1960

To be fair he actually took up some nice positions today and looked pretty frustrated at his team mates never really finding him when he did. He showed a few nice touches and some bad ones but if you expect him to chase lost causes all day long you're gonna be disappointed, that's not who he is and he never will be. There was one moment in the first half that particularly stands out. Cross came in from Black, Smith went for goal with little pace on the cross and him fairly static so having to generate all the power himself, Reid had pulled away from his man for an easy knock down but he was ignored when it would have been a certain goal. He looked bemused to say the least as was I, but you know, strike parnterships need a bit of time to come together properly. The big problem isn't that reid lacks ability or that he's particularly lazy, it's that Oldham fans love a headless chicken. If we had a team of headless chickens giving it their all and got relegated, most of our fan base would be chuffed to bits it seems.

I should add I thought Parker played reasonably well and this isn't a reference to him. He looked ridiculously quick and pressurised the defence with little reward but showed little in terms of technical ability apart from one very decent cross (because the service was :censored: mainly, rather than him doing anything wrong). Reid is this year's scapegoat though, tell your friends.

What a load of bollocks