trouble in Tottenham

creepy

The latest on the Duggan shooting is that the IPCC, not the police, released the iffy information that led to the protest last Saturday in Tottenham - they said a bullet was lodged in a police radio and that a non-police issue firearm was recovered from the scene.

At no time did any police officer tell anyone from the IPCC that they had been fired at.

It turns out that I was wrong. The police weren't cleaning up their own mess; they were cleaning up the IPPC's mess. Unbelievable!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest on the Duggan shooting is that the IPCC, not the police, released the iffy information that led to the protest last Saturday in Tottenham - they said a bullet was lodged in a police radio and that a non-police issue firearm was recovered from the scene.

At no time did any police officer tell anyone from the IPCC that they had been fired at.

It turns out that I was wrong. The police weren't cleaning up their own mess; they were cleaning up the IPPC's mess. Unbelievable!

Is that an apology I can smell?????

As we drove through Brixton and Streatham on Saturday, the Mrs said "Have you noticed, everyone's wearing brand new trainers round here?". She genuinely couldn't work out why I was laughing.

Then my nine year old daughter saw the boarded-up tool shop in Croydon and said "I reckon they turned that place over so they could get the gear to do some serious looting". Criminal minds form early - the kid's grounded....

Really spoiling them on the summer holiday this year! How's the picture on zorrro's new tv by the way?

Really spoiling them on the summer holiday this year! How's the picture on zorrro's new tv by the way?

:lol:

Christ, it made me realise Oldham aint anywhere near as bad as it seems. If he hadn't been on the Purley ("Say no more!") side of town I'd have turned round and driven straight back home.

Never got chance to see what rich pickings Zorrro had managed to hoard as we stayed up near the aerodrome, but I suspect a balaclava and Burberry cap were hung neatly behind his door - not one to miss an opportunity and all that.

I was sorry to have to leave early on Sunday afternoon. I was getting a taste for the Boon Doggle Ale at a nice little boozer in Coulsdon.

It's true, the people who think oldham is the worst place one earth havent travelled enough. Stretham is notable for :censored:loads of somalian blokes spending all day getting twatted on that stuff they chew on. Brixton is half posh these days but you are still only a few minutes from trouble. You would have driven through lovely thornton heath, which is where the riot procession began. Purley used to be ok but has gone to the dogs recently.

They all look the same to me (The towns, not the Somalians, before I dig myself a hole), but I think it was Thornton Heath where I noticed KFC and a Launderette had beeen ransacked, and I just thought "Why?" Were they hoping for a free 2 piece chicken meal, then wash out the greasy stains that dropped down their shirts?

It really seems to have gone downhill massively from what I remember of places like South Norwood, where 20 years ago I was kindly given a free en-suite room and food by the local constabulary (For reasons I'd rather forget).