trouble in Tottenham

creepy

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salford going off? I have nothing more than hearsay...

GMP say there were 20 scrotes, a brick thrown, no looting, dispersed..

Got a mate who works in Eccles who the Police spoke with earlier today (he runs a big shop) and they told him there'd been a little bit of trouble earlier

beag_teats - beat me to it :wink:

Edited by help_shiny

I've been told there's a large group making their way through Penge heading towards Beckenham Lidl, Leeslover I hope you've stocked up on your foreign beans!

Ha ha!

Anyone seen the BJ car crash interview in Clapham? It ain't pretty.

But did anyone notice the Home Secretary's response. She's standing shoulder to shoulder with him at the beginning, but slowly edges away, and is gone gone gone (Vamoosh) by 1.55. Who the :censored: are these people?

Home Secretary disappearing act

David Cameron "I am granting the Metropolitan Police emergency powers to use water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas to take back control of our streets from these ponsing parasites biting the hand that feeds them. In addition I am deploying the British Army as a visible presence to provide the authority that is so very lacking."

Baton rounds will not be used on the streets of mainland UK, we've all witnessed how counter-productive they've been. As others have alluded to, deploying the Army will create more problems than it solves. I'm sure you'll agree, they've been notoriously bad at "crowd control" in the past.

What the :censored: do the morons calling for water cannons think they will achieve?

Water cannons are effective to disperse mass groups of people and will be absolutely useless against small mobile groups of looters. Such hard of thinking along the lines of "bring back hanging" "send 'em back" "robust policing" "send in the army".

I've got a £5 on "national service" being the next thing run up the flagpole.

That's right. Water cannons are mainly deployed and are most effective where there are very large concentrations of people and space has to be cleared to operate.

National service has just been briefly mentioned on the radio!

] send in the real troops :Israel: picture of some girls in green tunics removed

Israeli troops over UK forces? I think not!

Ha ha!

Anyone seen the BJ car crash interview in Clapham? It ain't pretty.

But did anyone notice the Home Secretary's response. She's standing shoulder to shoulder with him at the beginning, but slowly edges away, and is gone gone gone (Vamoosh) by 1.55. Who the f*ck are these people?

Home Secretary disappearing act

They're both blithering idiots who haven't got a clue. Think Theresa May will find this quote from May this year will be coming back to haunt her quite a bit in the next few days:

"The home secretary, Theresa May, has dismissed fears that deep spending cuts could undermine the ability of the police to tackle possible civil unrest, and insisted the British did not respond to austerity by rioting on the streets."

It quoted her as saying: "The British public don't simply resort to violent unrest in the face of challenging economic circumstances."

Whoopsie!

I tried to give you a positive thingymajig for this but was told that I'd used my quota for the day. Unbelievable.

You've been spreading out too much of da love bruv

edit - I too am unable to send any further positive karma and general good vibes. Sort it out mods, it's like a tax on being nice to people.

Edited by help_shiny

They're both blithering idiots who haven't got a clue. Think Theresa May will find this quote from May this year will be coming back to haunt her quite a bit in the next few days:

"The home secretary, Theresa May, has dismissed fears that deep spending cuts could undermine the ability of the police to tackle possible civil unrest, and insisted the British did not respond to austerity by rioting on the streets."

It quoted her as saying: "The British public don't simply resort to violent unrest in the face of challenging economic circumstances."

Whoopsie!

The British public always resort to violent unrest in the face of challenging economic circumstances. Oh dear. Former Home Secretary Theresa May...

Duggan latest: gun was not a replica, but was also not fired. Sensible comments from the coroner as well today, in the circumstances. A bit of salve for the family and big get lost to anyone hoping to exploit their grief by robbing stuff.

Whoopsie!

In fairness, it's not in response to challenging economic circumstances. They're copycat scumbags who see a chance to cause carnage and get away with it without any disregard for those they do damage to.

People can try and search for 'meaning' in it but when it comes down to it there are members of humanity who enjoy acting this way and they've seized their chance.

In fairness, it's not in response to challenging economic circumstances. They're copycat scumbags who see a chance to cause carnage and get away with it without any disregard for those they do damage to.

People can try and search for 'meaning' in it but when it comes down to it there are members of humanity who enjoy acting this way and they've seized their chance.

Are you saying that someone with a job would loot JD Sports for trainers? They wouldn't be causing carnage if they had jobs or anything else to lose.

The Tories will never own up to it, but they're making things worse. My guess is that they just don't understand cities - especially London. Theresa May probably thinks that in challenging economic circumstances people, such as the good burghers of Maidenhead, merely need to sell a few shares and cut down on white goods. She probably thinks that the correct response to challenging economic circumstances is to downsize. What do people do when they've got next to nothing and you threaten to take that off them?

Are you saying that someone with a job would loot JD Sports for trainers? They wouldn't be causing carnage if they had jobs or anything else to lose.

The Tories will never own up to it, but they're making things worse. My guess is that they just don't understand cities - especially London. Theresa May probably thinks that in challenging economic circumstances people, such as the good burghers of Maidenhead, merely need to sell a few shares and cut down on white goods. She probably thinks that the correct response to challenging economic circumstances is to downsize. What do people do when they've got next to nothing and you threaten to take that off them?

I'm not going to make comments on percentages but it would seem to me that a hell of a lot of people looting are barely of FT working age anyway.

And I'm not going to get political because I'm now of the opinion they're all as bad as each other. Loads of the unemployed too are a result of the past government and not this one. Anyway, when it comes down to it, I'm not interested in what Cameron, May, Milliband, Clegg, Johnson etc have to say when it comes to finding a motive/blaming it on the others. When it comes down to it hundreds (thousands?) of people are going to be directly affected by this be it by their jobs or properties and then there's the countless people who are locked up at home worrying that tonight it's going to be their business, car, home etc. Now is not the time for political points scoring.

I'm not going to make comments on percentages but it would seem to me that a hell of a lot of people looting are barely of FT working age anyway.

And I'm not going to get political because I'm now of the opinion they're all as bad as each other. Loads of the unemployed too are a result of the past government and not this one. Anyway, when it comes down to it, I'm not interested in what Cameron, May, Milliband, Clegg, Johnson etc have to say when it comes to finding a motive/blaming it on the others. When it comes down to it hundreds (thousands?) of people are going to be directly affected by this be it by their jobs or properties and then there's the countless people who are locked up at home worrying that tonight it's going to be their business, car, home etc. Now is not the time for political points scoring.

There's absolutely no point in getting political ayway, it doesn't matter who was, is or is going to be in power with these people, as LL said these people know nothing else but benefits and no matter what any government offer them or do for them they will take but give nothing back, we are now into third and fourth generations that have only ever known living on benefits.

The excuse that they are doing this in respect of Mark Duggan is not even believed by them, as I said before, if Duggan himself had strayed into the areas of hackney or Brixton he wouldn't have lasted five minutes before being shot and his dead body would have been looted itself! There is no helping these lot that have been gratuitously rampaging our capital the last few days, only when they have filled their council houses with stolen gear and can fit no more in will it stop!

The economic troubles dont affect people who were born on benefits and intend to die on them. They are the last people who should be complaining.

Intend to die on benefits. This a new low for you. They want the same retail opportunities (fairly modest ones too) as most working people have. They don't have the opportunity to get those further goods and services opportunities. They're not going to be given them any time soon, and their own endeavours won't be enough on their own for success.

Interviewed anyone for a job lately?

Yeah but this isn't political point scoring. I'm saying: look at all this :censored: happening here. Which street are they on now? Where's the Mayor of my city? Where's the Prime Minister? Why is the Home Secretary sneaking off?

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill