Positives

I have often been accused as being negative, so here are my positives so far;

Alex Cisak: A great signing, brave and agile.

Zander Diamond: A real brave heart, just what was needed in central defence.

Matt Smith: Done really well - with more to come.

Reuben Reid: Has ability and I think he has tried hard, could well score more goals away from home where Latics style of play may suit more.

David Mellor: Has come on leaps and bounds and must now be an established first team squad member.

Set plays: Much improved, goals will come and less will be conceded than last season.

There will be more positives others can add, but please no negatives on this thread.

Reuben Reid: Has ability and I think he has tried hard, could well score more goals away from home where Latics style of play may suit more.

David Mellor: Has come on leaps and bounds and must now be an established first team squad member.

Set plays: Much improved, goals will come and less will be conceded than last season.

There will be more positives others can add, but please no negatives on this thread.

for some one who has never seen him what kind of player is David Mellor?

Two games in and we have shown many positives - it is taking longer for the team to step up than I had hoped - but

of the new boys I like the look of Cisak, Diamond, Smith, Wesolowski & Parker

of the young lads I like the look of Winchester & Mellor

of the 'old hands'it now needs the likes of Taylor, Morais, Reid, Furman, Lee, MVoto and Black to raise their games and we can look forward to a mid table season...

positive enough ^_^

Edited by TheBigDog

We have a group of fans who are patient and willing to give the players & management time to settle into the new season instead of moaning & whinging after 1 league game & 1 cup game…………oh hang on

Winchester looked good in central midfield the other night and will be an able deputy there

Wesolowski should get better with fitness

Parker's pace and versatility will be a useful asset

I think the main positive is that Dickov himself has expressed his dissatisfaction with the two performances so far and is determined to put it right. He could have been defensive because this is his team now, not an inherited one. He's under scrutiny following the first two games especially after the bad run last season but you just hope his own personal disappointment will mean he's more determined to get it right, and that he will.

I'm positive we will finish just above the bottom 3!

Brilliant! Have you ever thought of seeing if the Samaritans need a helping hand?

Does Matts Great Great Grandad hanker for the good times of 1914? In fact anything less than second in the top flight is a failure as that is what we acheived 97 years ago. That Joe Royle, what a load of rubbish - he never acheived that!

I also understand that Oldham isn't the largest centre for cotton spinning in the world anymore , just when will the good time return?

Brilliant! Have you ever thought of seeing if the Samaritans need a helping hand?

Does Matts Great Great Grandad hanker for the good times of 1914? In fact anything less than second in the top flight is a failure as that is what we acheived 97 years ago. That Joe Royle, what a load of rubbish - he never acheived that!

I also understand that Oldham isn't the largest centre for cotton spinning in the world anymore , just when will the good time return?

Amazing what a well-cast net will pull in.

In the words of a more well-known grandad ....."Calm down dear, it's only a ........"

I won't be happy if we finish 21st!

We are still looking to improve, we could still add loans, there were moments in both games where we looked like a good side, we have some great youth prospects coming through, Winchester looks like he could a fantastic player, Mellor looked good in defence, Wes, Morais, Diamond aren't fully fit, Reid looks like he wants it more, Smith looks like he could be a future star, Parker is going to be dangerous this season, back 5 are still blending, we could 1/2 players away from being able to beat anyone.