3 games with 0 goals (in open play) = Dickov OUT!

Aidy Boothroyd, did a cracking job at Colchetser and I thought he was unlucky at Coventry.

Gary Johnson, take away Peterborough and he's got an amazing record

Johnson? the manager who has only won 4 games with Northampton? Its been documented players don't like him that much, one of reasons he left bristol city

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that, but its the same rhetoric, every season, "We are not going to sell players on the cheap." and we do.

"Money will go back into the club on transfers" and it doesn't.

There was that story on the OS about getting a top class striker and then that went quiet.

All I am saying don't make statements you can't back up! Because that's just very misleading to the fans, when they fail to deliver on them.

As the saying goes, "Don't let your mouth write a cheque that your ass can't cash."

That was Cody Mc.. not exactly our fault norwich are demanding to much is it?

Some money has gone back in on players, such as Cisak. The money they say goes back into team doesnt just mean transfer fee, could mean wages instead. or be used as signing on fee's etc

Said we were chasing one, and we were sometimes you get sometimes you don't.

I kinda get what saying, but not the way you said it.

But all I am saying is the club should not be putting statements out there, unless its set in stone or they can fulfil there statement.

I would rather they go about there business quietly until they can seal the deal.

Anyway the problem is not Dickov, its higher up and goes further back, before Dickov came here.

But all I am saying is the club should not be putting statements out there, unless its set in stone or they can fulfil there statement.

I would rather they go about there business quietly until they can seal the deal.

Anyway the problem is not Dickov, its higher up and goes further back, before Dickov came here.

They put it out to encourage fans, the problem when it doesn't happen people go mad. Glad we agree about Dickov, now is not the time to jump on his back.

'He explained: "I am talking to a couple of strikers and hopefully I will be able to get one in, though obviously there are no guarantees.'

Said we made an offer, never said will join.

Well I'm surprised people these days measure their IQ against posts on internet message boards! How long does a genius like yourself want to give a new manager to get it right?

Can I ask how many games you have been to this season, including friendlies, from LINCOLNSHIRE??????? Go and support Norwich, or are you an armchair supporter?????????

WE HAVE NO MONEY D/H.

From what i have seen this season, we need a goal to kick start the season. We have replaced , Brill, Hazell, Feeney, who all got some stick last year, with I believe, and seen ,better players. Give them and the manager time.

Can I ask how many games you have been to this season, including friendlies, from LINCOLNSHIRE??????? Go and support Norwich, or are you an armchair supporter?????????

WE HAVE NO MONEY D/H.

From what i have seen this season, we need a goal to kick start the season. We have replaced , Brill, Hazell, Feeney, who all got some stick last year, with I believe, and seen ,better players. Give them and the manager time.

Quite right shawman the fault DOES NOT lie with Paul Dickov.

Seriously, no goals in open play in 3 games is shocking. Yeovil away and we can't even get 1! He needs to go now. One of the smallest squads in the league, his own doing, and now Furman is out (sounds like the season) we're in deep trouble and it's only 2 league games gone! For all of you about to reply it'll come good just need time, he's had plenty of time to get it right and I'm still not seeing it.

Can I also predict the post match interview, Dickov blames the team for not keeping shape and not doing the basic things right. He says it every time we lose. I'm sick of his excuses and always blaming the players for his complete lack of managerial nouse, get rid now before it's too late!

cuckoo cuckoo

That formation change today obviously killed us

Big mistake today switching to 3 at the back.

Seems to me Dickov is changing the way we play and that takes time.

Give it 5 or 6 more games, then see how they are doing.

Need someone in quick if Furman is out long term, Lund is to lightweight inopen play.

wasn't much choice, think Black got injured? Gord said it was his ribs on LP i think.. suppose he did have a few choices i suppose by either bringin winchester or mellor on nd stickin at LB.. shows PD is going for it though by going 3 at the back and 3 up top..

East.. give it more than 5 or 6 games, give it until november then see how we are doing..

WE HAVE NO MONEY D/H.

Calm down, we've never been flush. The only time Latics have had some money to throw around is when we failed to go up and quickly went bankrupt.

The subtext to the DICKOV OUT shout is the question of responsibility - in this age it is far easier and quicker to ask that question. The Penney situation is cruelly similar however in that instance people would be falling over each other to throttle the life out of him just for losing the toss.

We all understand the concept of bedding in and giving him time, and the elements of this together with no money, bargain hunting: so-called "cutting the cloth", unfortunately increases the risk of relegation for clubs like Oldham Athletic. We should get used to this way of life, and if we drop it will just be the same in L2.

Hey, on the bright side Latics still have 44 games to turn the ship around, my point is though - desensitise: expect a lot of the above posts....

Mark Robins has done a good job (ridiculous sacking) and he was born and bred under an OL postcode!!

Crap year.

Weak squad.

Chairman needs to stump up some investment.

PD has not impressed either with results or quality of football or putting a squad together, I don't care what anybody says, but it is impossible to really judge given the lack of funds.

Example. The mantra that every signing should be a young one is not always correct, but, again, it is dictated by lack of money.

Example. We need investment. We need better gates, we need to play better football, but we need money to get the players to play the football to attract the crowds to get he players.......vicious circle.

Still, bottom line is and always will be the fact that every manager must live or die by results....so, taking the results for what is over half a season, it's hello Mr. Robins!!!!

Mark Robins has done a good job (ridiculous sacking) and he was born and bred under an OL postcode!!

Crap year.

Weak squad.

PD has not impressed either with results or quality of football or putting a squad together, I don't care what anybody says, but it is impossible to really judge given the lack of funds.

Example. The mantra that every signing should be a young one is not always correct, but, again, it is dictated by lack of money.

Example. We need investment. We need better gates, we need to play better football, but we need money to get the players to play the football to attract the crowds to get he players.......vicious circle.

Still, bottom line is and always will be the fact that every manager must live or die by results....so, taking the results for what is over half a season, it's hello Mr. Robins!!!!

He left Barnsley because they wouldn't give him a bigger budget.

Having walked out at 3-0 and had the drive home to rationalise the performance, I think the lack of rub-of-the-green is a big factor at the moment.

Confidence obviously isn't high - now when you miss three sitters just before half-time and minutes after the re-start conceed a goal following a free-kick that never should have been given, it must be hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.

We created a lot of chances today, but didn't get the run of the ball - this elusive striker might have made a big difference.

The defence was appalling today - Black and M'Voto looked like they'd never played together before. Diamond is an absolute hot-head and will get sent-off a lot. On a booking, he was lucky not to see another yellow for a foul leading up to their penalty. Lee was the only defender to come out with any credit.

A mention for Reuben Reid, who has obviously taken the "lazy" abuse on board - he absolutely ran his socks off, especially in the first-half.

I think we'll get better, but badly need this striker - Reid is OK only as a squad player and we can't rely on Smith to jump straight from non-league and be the centre-piece striker.

I think we need to give Dickov more time. The signings he's made are good replacements for the players we've lost over the summer and I don't think we're a million miles away on the pitch. We just need a bit of luck.

Crap year.

Weak squad.

Erm.... he wasn't sacked he quit, left by his own choice. You want to know why? Quite simply had enough of a low budget, and that from a club who spent money this summer. So once again I ask who else do Oldham Mensa suggest?

Seriously, no goals in open play in 3 games is shocking. Yeovil away and we can't even get 1! He needs to go now. One of the smallest squads in the league, his own doing, and now Furman is out (sounds like the season) we're in deep trouble and it's only 2 league games gone! For all of you about to reply it'll come good just need time, he's had plenty of time to get it right and I'm still not seeing it.

Can I also predict the post match interview, Dickov blames the team for not keeping shape and not doing the basic things right. He says it every time we lose. I'm sick of his excuses and always blaming the players for his complete lack of managerial nouse, get rid now before it's too late!

That's the spirit! You're a joke even starting a thread like this. Why is it one of the smallest squads? It's the only way the club can afford to pay anyone wages over ten quid a week. We could probably spread those wages out and have a larger squad but with less quality. But I must agree with you that it's definitely Dickov's fault that Furman is injured shock.gif. Your whining isn't going to help the club in anyway - put the same amount of effort into backing the club rather than spitting your dummy after two league games and it will be a step in the right direction!

They put it out to encourage fans, the problem when it doesn't happen people go mad. Glad we agree about Dickov, now is not the time to jump on his back.

Exactly its still too early to be calling for the managers head. I was not attacking anyone, just joining in the debate. I just wish at times, the club would think before putting stuff out there for fans to read.

Also I wish there was more transparency between club and fans.

But that's a debate for another time?

Edited by Canada_latic

Calm down, we've never been flush. The only time Latics have had some money to throw around is when we failed to go up and quickly went bankrupt.

The subtext to the DICKOV OUT shout is the question of responsibility - in this age it is far easier and quicker to ask that question. The Penney situation is cruelly similar however in that instance people would be falling over each other to throttle the life out of him just for losing the toss.

We all understand the concept of bedding in and giving him time, and the elements of this together with no money, bargain hunting: so-called "cutting the cloth", unfortunately increases the risk of relegation for clubs like Oldham Athletic. We should get used to this way of life, and if we drop it will just be the same in L2.

Hey, on the bright side Latics still have 44 games to turn the ship around, my point is though - desensitise: expect a lot of the above posts....

Penney had a much bigger squad to work with than Dickov, also sent a few players who maybe should of got a chance, out on loan and he had 3 owners money to spend rather than 1, who does not have a lot to invest, apparently.

Edited by Canada_latic

Yes brilliant sack Dickov!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Then what? Do you not understand the FACTS, small town, lower league, no money, abysmal gates, people like you who spend their entire life bloody moaning, Why is the term "SUPPORTER" such an alien concept to you?

Exactly its still too early to be calling for the managers head. I was not attacking anyone, just joining in the debate. I just wish at times, the club would think before putting stuff out there for fans to read.

Also I wish there was more transparency between club and fans.

But that's a debate for another time?

But you weren't happpy about them putting the article about a star player online?