Dickov Let Down

He's playing a dangerous game - the manner in which the players respond will dictate whether it was a good idea to accuse them of not pulling their weight.

I seem to remember him doing same in pre season last year ( we are only 2 games in) and said if they didn't want it, they could go!

I think and hope the same applies!!!

I think we'll soon get back on track but it is frustrating when your manager isnt really gettin behind his players

not as frustrating as training them all week then drilling them on game play only for it all to fall away because they dont listen properly.....how pissed off would you feel if it was you...

if there is no desire or hunger ship em out or stick in ressies n put kids in,shake em up.....its an honour to wear the shirt and badge and get paid handsomely to do so,least they can do is put a shift in

not as frustrating as training them all week then drilling them on game play only for it all to fall away because they dont listen properly.....how pissed off would you feel if it was you...

if there is no desire or hunger ship em out or stick in ressies n put kids in,shake em up.....its an honour to wear the shirt and badge and get paid handsomely to do so,least they can do is put a shift in

I understand your point but it's not just the players fault for loosing. KTF

He keeps mentioning certain players let their heads drop or are letting us down. Which are these you reckon?

Was thinking the same

Of the team yesterday, reid seemed to run his socks off.

i think that is the captains job, and seem to recall we had the same isue when greegs was captain

Oldham

01 Cisak

02 Mvoto

03 Black (Parker 65)

05 Diamond yellow card

19 Lee

04 Wesolowski

07 Morais

18 Taylor

20 Lund yellow card

09 Reid

14 Smith

Edited by singe

He keeps mentioning certain players let their heads drop or are letting us down. Which are these you reckon?

From Beeb

Oldham manager Paul Dickov told BBC Radio Manchester:

"The players have been talking all week how they are going to put right second-half performances, but talk's cheap and I thought there was a lack of desire.

"One thing I'm not going to do is panic but it's not acceptable coming here and losing 3-1.

"The players know they've let themselves and fans down and between us we've got to pick them up."

BBC says we had 35% possesion. Not sure how accurate that is but it's an awful stat.

Sky sports live centre has us at 51%. given the score,t hat could be a worse stat!

Amazing the differences in these stats generally.

The sky stats, if true, probably sum us up at the moment

Shots on target Yeovil 6 scored 3, oldham 4 scored 1

Corners Yeovil 1, oldham 6.

Shots on and off target Yeovil 12, Oldham 8

Edited by singe

Two poor sides yesterday. That is the most worrying thing, lets make no bones about it - Yeovil were a poor side, but they were better than us. The first half was a bit of a non event with Smith having the best chance of it. The second half - a joke. From the start we looked a mess. No-one picked up their men, runners weren't followed, the ball must have had some sort of explosive on it, that when reacted to a latics players boot made it explode off in a random direction. The 2nd and 3rd goals were a shambles. If we'd have had 5 garden gnomes of the field they'd have been better for the second - at least they wouldn't have ran away. Diamond for the 3rd... laughable.

Up there with Rotherham 3-0, Hereford away and Brentford away in rank awful performances. They should have had more before we got the penalty. Positives... Wesolowski was ok, Reuben reid worked harder than I have seen him do in a latics shirt. and I dont think Cisak could do anything for the goals (I haven't seen them on TV yet though).

Negatives... the rest of them.

Left my house at 6.40am yesterday and got home £100 lighter @ 10.35pm. If we play like that for much longer we are going to be cut adrift. I'm not for one minute saying that will happen, but something neeeds to change from what I watched yesterday.

Edited by pukka

What you don't need is your manager having a go a you for it. That will solve nothing, and probably make it all worse.

There is no doubt that people respond better to praise. Highlighting the good while addressing the bad is more effective than highlighting the bad full stop.

I wanted Shaeridan replacing and was pleased when he went. I was wrong.

Royle saw the impossible task and ran.

Penney had to go. He was building crap with experience.

Dickov has to stay and he has to learn. Is he still as enthusiastic as he was 12 months ago? If not, how does he bring that back to the party. Because the players certainly responded to it.

There is no doubt that people respond better to praise. Highlighting the good while addressing the bad is more effective than highlighting the bad full stop.

I wanted Shaeridan replacing and was pleased when he went. I was wrong.

Royle saw the impossible task and ran.

Penney had to go. He was building crap with experience.

Dickov has to stay and he has to learn. Is he still as enthusiastic as he was 12 months ago? If not, how does he bring that back to the party. Because the players certainly responded to it.

I agree with most, but it was pretty clear that Shez had lost total control of the players and the 6.1 away defeat along with the 5.0 away at Hereford was the straw.

Heads will drop. It is a very young team, and that happens in that scenario.

It happened last season a fair bit too. What you don't need is your manager having a go a you for it. That will solve nothing, and probably make it all worse.

so the manager just stays silent and says,well at least it wasnt 5..we scored one so thats good..we had some good moments so alls not lost....utter booloks

you carry on nuresmaiding them and pussy footing about with them and that when complacency sets in,thats when they think its acceptibale to put that kind of performance in all the time,because they know they wont get a rollacking from the boss....

the players are responsible and the manager is as well....but once they cross that white touchline its down to them....you can train and teach them game play all week and do well,but if they ignore your instructions and dont do as you ask your knackered....

Heads will drop. It is a very young team, and that happens in that scenario.

It happened last season a fair bit too. What you don't need is your manager having a go a you for it. That will solve nothing, and probably make it all worse.

Why should heads drop because they are young ?..they are professional footballers and must step up to the mark week in week out, a manager is entitled to ask for nothing less.

If they can't perhaps they could try part time non league - where they will soon realise what a hard life is.