Sponsors Lounge

Got to the ground at 1.30pm and had to wait until 1.50pm to get into the ground......none of the stewards knew anything about the sponsors lounge being open as a pay bar. Finally got in the lounge at 2.00pm and to find I was all alone...even by kick off time there was no more than a dozen.

The marketing and organisation at the club is bloody abysmal....three draughts on offer but the cooler was empty...not a single bloody bottle available.

I know we are in a recession but if we can't fill a small sponsors lounge for a local derby game something is seriously wrong with our commercial operation.

Edited by oafc1955

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to the ground at 1.30pm and had to wait until 1.50pm to get into the ground......none of the stewards knew anything about the sponsors lounge being open as a pay bar. Finally got in the lounge at 1.00pm and to find I was all alone...even by kick off time there was no more than a dozen.

The marketing and organisation at the club is bloody abysmal....three draughts on offer but the cooler was empty...not a single bloody bottle available.

I know we are in a recession but if we can't fill a small sponsors lounge for a local derby game something is seriously wrong with our commercial operation.

Didnt we recently appoint a new girl as the new commercial.

Apart from Big Gord and a couple of others the whole set up is worst than non league.....

I mean, they advertise it on the main website and do absolute feck all on match day.

Got to the ground at 1.30pm and had to wait until 1.50pm to get into the ground......none of the stewards knew anything about the sponsors lounge being open as a pay bar. Finally got in the lounge at 1.00pm and to find I was all alone...even by kick off time there was no more than a dozen.

And it was empty against Sheff Utd

Have I missed something here? What's the crack?

They were advertising that you call in the portacabin before the game for a beer and look around, club hopeful that they could genertate some interest.

What a sack of cack, popped in with my wife and brother in law and decided to go to the Frizzle Bar.

If the club advertise it , at least look freckin bothered to see it through.. Distinct lack of business / commercial nounce.

I was programme sponsor for the Sheff utd match, and to be honest was quite unimpressed. I was the only sponsor for the match but didn't really get the service i was promised. The thing is, as a fan, i will always return, however a buisness or casual sponsor would not come back as it is just not worth it.

I said to the wife at the sheff utd match, seeing the sponsors lounge empty (we were in the corner flag suite) was quite worrying, and at the least they should open it as a bar if is not being used.

Times are hard and the club need every penny they can generate, take to day for instance, i got to the turnstile and realised i'd spent too much at the pub before hand ;-), so didn't have enough for the entrance i went to the club shop hoping to get cash back with a minimum spend, but was told this they dont do cash back. Another opportunity missed.

The whole commercial and hospitality department needs looking at and more effort put in.

Sure it said on the site 2pm its open and also its not the clubs fault u have no friends ;/

Got to the ground at 1.30pm and had to wait until 1.50pm to get into the ground

Finally got in the lounge at 1.00pm and to find I was all alone

I emailed the club and Hardy last season for 10 tickets in the box vs Rochdale. Didn't get a single reply.

Would have brought the same or more this time if they'd bothered.

Poor.

Isn't Hardy on a break from the club at the moment due to medical conditions, probably explains him not replying, he usually replies fairly quickly!

Isn't Hardy on a break from the club at the moment due to medical conditions, probably explains him not replying, he usually replies fairly quickly!

I don't know but i've had a long dialogue in past weeks with AH via email over a student discount. He presented my case to the board and they gave me one even tho i'm a mature student. Can't fault him after that.

I was programme sponsor for the Sheff utd match, and to be honest was quite unimpressed. I was the only sponsor for the match but didn't really get the service i was promised. The thing is, as a fan, i will always return, however a buisness or casual sponsor would not come back as it is just not worth it.

I said to the wife at the sheff utd match, seeing the sponsors lounge empty (we were in the corner flag suite) was quite worrying, and at the least they should open it as a bar if is not being used.

Times are hard and the club need every penny they can generate, take to day for instance, i got to the turnstile and realised i'd spent too much at the pub before hand ;-), so didn't have enough for the entrance i went to the club shop hoping to get cash back with a minimum spend, but was told this they dont do cash back. Another opportunity missed.

The whole commercial and hospitality department needs looking at and more effort put in.

I live between London and the USA, but born and bred in Oldham, season ticket holder in the 70's, and they will always be "my team". A couple of years ago I sponsored (paid for) 10 season tickets for the club to give to youngsters in the town, in the hope that some may eventually become life long supporters ... never heard anything afterwards .....

Similar time, and knowing my passion for the club, my brother in law bought a match day sponsorship for me and six mates as a birthday present when I was back in town. £xxx in pounds for the club. Good day out ... but again never heard anything again after the day out....

My point ... I'm not yet skint, I like my club, but I'm not so obsessed that I'm going to chase OAFC to give them money. But if they'd have followed up I'm sure I would have done another match day deal, and probably have sponsored a few more tickets for kids ...

With today's technology it must be simple to track people who already contributed and showed willing! (God knows how many insurance / banks / auto / furniture / supermarkets / charities etc etc chase me daily)

been in te sponsers lounge a couple of times and really enjoyed it, ok was a bit rough round the edges ut we are not premiership and can only offer what we ave,,,,i will be contacting the club in the very near future to do it all again

been in te sponsers lounge a couple of times and really enjoyed it, ok was a bit rough round the edges ut we are not premiership and can only offer what we ave,,,,i will be contacting the club in the very near future to do it all again

Thats the point though isn't it, fans will always come back, but business and casual sponsors wouldn't. We need to be doing everything we can to attract new and previous sponsors back to the club.

Edited by tony4938

Sure it said on the site 2pm its open and also its not the clubs fault u have no friends ;/

Got to the ground at 1.30pm and had to wait until 1.50pm to get into the ground

Finally got in the lounge at 1.00pm and to find I was all alone

Very funny that...I'm still laughing!!

The point I'm making is that everything is done half heartedly.....a little poster on the turnstyle door or on the ticket office window would have been simple enough......everything is so bloody amateurish!

Apparently the idea only came about in midweek, however, if you're trying to improve matchday revenue and corporate sponsoship by showcasing the facilities at least make the bloody effort in connecting with the fans!

I'm sure, with a little bit of forward planning, the place could have been heaving....a handful of people in there at 2.30pm was bloody embarrasing!!

Me and my son called in about 2:15 and like has been mentioned there were only a handful of people in, which was a shame.

The arsenal v liverpool game was on the screen and you had some elbow room unlike the main stand bar. Could have been better advertised though.

Alan hardy made an appearance along with the young dolly bird. I'd definitely repeat it but with much better advertising and planning.

Me and my son called in about 2:15 and like has been mentioned there were only a handful of people in, which was a shame.

The arsenal v liverpool game was on the screen and you had some elbow room unlike the main stand bar. Could have been better advertised though.

Alan hardy made an appearance along with the young dolly bird. I'd definitely repeat it but with much better advertising and planning.

They made an announcement over the Tannoy at about twenty to three sounded like a good idea but I had just fought my way to my seat so didn't want to fight my way out.

Think you have to go outside the ground and back in from the chaddy so at guess I would say no, however if we are struggling to get sponsorship it could provide pay bar facilities for the chaddy stand........it would be better than standing empty!!

is this open to Main Standers only or can you get in from the Chaddy End??

i'd go in before the Hudds game if you can from the Chaddy End.

On saturday i think it was only available to the upper main stand. If it was possible to make it available to a wider section then it could become popular.