#2: Rodney Jack

The Vote:  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Will you send them to the sanctuary?

• Yes, what a donkey - send him down.
    • No, you got it wrong - he was ace.

Rodney Jack was never here! St Vincent and the Grenadines was it?

One of my first Latics memories is how much I disliked Garnett. In my mind he's the worst centre-half we've EVER had. On a par with Lord N'Diwa :lol:

I'm sorry but that is absolute bollocks.

Rodney Jack was never here! St Vincent and the Grenadines was it?

One of my first Latics memories is how much I disliked Garnett. In my mind he's the worst centre-half we've EVER had. On a par with Lord N'Diwa :lol:

No No No and No, Lee Sinnot was the worst centre back.

Garnett was the best we could hope for at the time, his central defensive partner Mark Hotte now he was terrible, how many times did he miscontrol it?

I'm sorry but that is absolute bollocks.

I genuinely can't remember if he was good OR bad - just that in my mind he was rubbish. The early 2000s were my first forays to Boundary Park; the only players I remember fondly from that time are Eyresy/Carss/Corazzin. I can barely remember the rest of that team playing, think I've managed to block most of it out :lol:

I genuinely can't remember if he was good OR bad - just that in my mind he was rubbish. The early 2000s were my first forays to Boundary Park; the only players I remember fondly from that time are Eyresy/Carss/Corazzin. I can barely remember the rest of that team playing, think I've managed to block most of it out :lol:

Garnett was a no-nonsense centre half. He was limited in terms of his ability as a footballer but he was well aware of that and played to his strengths. He was decent in the air and could tackle and most of the centre-backs we've had since could do with taking a leaf out of Garnett's book and adopting the, if in doubt, hammer it into Row Z approach.

Right, Rodney Jack.

Arrived earlyish at the official car park, and here's Mr Jack coming in after us. Wondering why he was parking with us punters, a querying "Yalright Rodney?" was asked. An embarrassed "Hiya lads" was muttered, as he whipped off his t-shirt and hurriedly put on his shirt, suit and tie. Back in his car he went, and round to the players' area.

Brian Talbot's dress code, ladies and gentlemen.

Right, Rodney Jack.

Arrived earlyish at the official car park, and here's Mr Jack coming in after us. Wondering why he was parking with us punters, a querying "Yalright Rodney?" was asked. An embarrassed "Hiya lads" was muttered, as he whipped off his t-shirt and hurriedly put on his shirt, suit and tie. Back in his car he went, and round to the players' area.

Brian Talbot's dress code, ladies and gentlemen.

Military discipline. Like it. Can we get him back to man the door?