BBC Highlights

I think Clark meant the lunge was inevitable due to his momentum, but the rules says it's a red card offence and the referee had no alternative.

Yes, that's the way I heard Clark - and that the game was going soft.You're right the ref had to show red , even though there was no intent to foul.

Dickov said Gobern went down "screaming like a baby".

Did the BBC have a different angle to the Latics player highlights?

From the grainy video I saw it looked like a yellow at most. Of course I may be wrong as the LP video is never good, but I think it was harsh on that viewing.

The lad was just trying to win the ball. Interesting the player fouled on this occasion was the perpetrator in the following vid

Now that is a red.

Did the BBC have a different angle to the Latics player highlights?

From the grainy video I saw it looked like a yellow at most. Of course I may be wrong as the LP video is never good, but I think it was harsh on that viewing.

The lad was just trying to win the ball. Interesting the player fouled on this occasion was the perpetrator in the following vid

Now that is a red.

you obviously havent seen the bbc highlights then,as its as clear as the nose on ya face its a red card all day long....

It will, yes.

Studs up, over a foot off the ground, late... that's a red card... hell even in the 'old' days the Ref might have thought about it!

I don't recall the hardest player I have seen in a Latics shirt Alan Lawson being sent off too many times in the old days, but then again he knew how to tackle properly - something which seems to have gone out of the coaching manuals.

Can anyone think of other Latics players with good tackling technique - hard but fair ?

Edited by BP1960