Twittering from BP v Morecambe

If the club want to stop the fans doing this then they should at least have an alternative to offer in my humble opinion...

Exactly , the OS is garbage for updates , the team news for Tuesday still wasnt up 5 minutes into the game , yet it was on Twitter 20 minutes before the game

I saw it as complementary to the OS and it would have sent more traffic to read the reports.

I fully agree, I was looking forward to reading your tweets as it would have provide info on the youngster playing. I visit the official site several times a day as it is, reading your tweets wouldn't stop me doing this.

I fully agree, I was looking forward to reading your tweets as it would have provide info on the youngster playing. I visit the official site several times a day as it is, reading your tweets wouldn't stop me doing this.

Perhaps Mr Hardy should be made aware his directive is not popular.

I went straight to work last night from the game and have only just been able to sit down properly and read all the messages and retweets.

My original message "the club have asked that i dont tweet updates so that it does not take traffic from the os." was poorly phrased.

The club didnt tell me not to tweet or in any way try to stop me.

The club needs as much revenue as possible from its deal with FL interactive.

If tweeting updates means a reduction in traffic to the site for reserve match reports then it would be ill-considered of me to continue.

I went straight to work last night from the game and have only just been able to sit down properly and read all the messages and retweets.

My original message "the club have asked that i dont tweet updates so that it does not take traffic from the os." was poorly phrased.

If tweeting updates means a reduction in traffic to the site for reserve match reports then it would be ill-considered of me to continue.

Perhaps include a link to the Fishal within each and every tweet?

You give regular updates, the OS only gives half and full time reports

Carry on tweeting please, it's called freedom of information.

Hi Gary, I think I can say with utmost confifdence that the tweeting you do will not affect the traffic to the reserve match reports in any way whatsoever. If anytinhg it might enhance it, but are there any facts to support it or is it hypothetical?

Is there no way the tweets can be incporporated into the official site, in the reserve section for example and actually increase traffic?

There has to be a win win out of this where the club gets more traffic and the fans get more info

Edited by singe

Perhaps include a link to the Fishal within each and every tweet?

The tweets I posted yesterday (mostly included links to the fishal) including at HT and FT

oafcprozac Paul Prendergast

Won 2-1 #oafc read full report on www.oldhamathletic.co.uk

17 hours ago

#oafc Hughes skins the fullback crosses from the byline and a glancing header from Riley 2-1 and has been coming

17 hours ago

#oafc laird very disappointed at being subbed I'm more disappointed at his failure to warm down #sortit

18 hours ago

#oafc Burns catches the morecambe defence cold, Carr forces a strong parry, Millar slides bravely in to slide home 1-1

18 hours ago

Bradley Hills heads over right on HT should have scored #oafc for a detailed HT report go to www.oldhamathletic.co.uk

18 hours ago

#oafc quick counter results in morecambe's rw parkinson hitting one through Connor at the near post will be disappointed 0-1 35 mins

19 hours ago

#oafc all happening now, Kyle Riley hits a rocket from 25 yards, smashes into the post and away

19 hours ago

#oafc just as I say that Connor Hughes forces a smart save from keeper. Tarky heads over resulting corner www.oldhamathletic.co.uk

19 hours ago

#oafc 30 mins in still very little has happened keepers receiving treatment for hypothermia in September...

19 hours ago

#oafc Laird and Riley incensed at referee after the former is pulled back in the area and nothing given

19 hours ago

#oafc morecambe bigger side, frenetic pace not much created from either side www.oldhamathletic.co.uk

19 hours ago

#oafc looking forward to seeing the excellent Burns again

19 hours ago

#oafc just kicked off first years all ballboys, look unimpressed!! www.oldhamathletic.co.uk

19 hours ago

Wait im confused

So did you get told not to tweet by the club ?

Would it? Even though the fans might value it?

I know the club is skint but it annoys me that they take such a blanket view that their bank balance matters above all else.