Intruder stabbed to death in Bramhall

Lukers1

That it was a doley scrounging foreigner trying to steal another flat screen TV for their mansion?

You're probably right.

I was thinking more about about the right to perform fatal surgery on the genitalia, other body parts or organs should an unwelcome intruder be discovered in your home.

But I'm too busy laughing at the Torres miss to worry about it!

But I think I'll take a "Daily Mail" position on it until somebody convinces me otherwise.

I'm not quite sure I'd take the full stance they have of chasing the bloke down the street and hacking his head off, but I have no problem with defending property or person to the full extent.

I agree. Personally I wouldn't go as far as hanging anyone who's a foreigner and hasn't got a job, maybe those with a job too just to be on the safe side - however I get your point, I'd do the same if my property was broken into and my family was under threat.

Even as a pinko I fully endorse the Daily Mail stance on this whatever it is, if you break in to someone's house then you must be prepared for the consequences. The householder isn't going to merrily help you fill your van with booty, they are going to stop you using whatever means available.

Unless this bloke has gone over the top with about 10000000 separate stab wounds then he should be let off and the deceased burglar still has to go through the court case, none of this "'e were a good lad but just fell with a bad crowd" and instant martyrdom. I also don't have a problem if they land his accomplice with some trumped up attempted murder or manslaughter case too for not talking the bloke out of doing the burglary in the first place.

I really do not have any sympathy for the deceased.

The key part is about the threat at the time of the brutal slaying. If they are doing a runner, then they are thieves, whilst they are going about their crime they are fair game for whatever they get. John Locke had this one nailed down in the 17th century (although his line on slavery raises eyebrows at modern dinner parties).

Even as a pinko I fully endorse the Daily Mail stance on this whatever it is, if you break in to someone's house then you must be prepared for the consequences. The householder isn't going to merrily help you fill your van with booty, they are going to stop you using whatever means available.

Unless this bloke has gone over the top with about 10000000 separate stab wounds then he should be let off and the deceased burglar still has to go through the court case, none of this "'e were a good lad but just fell with a bad crowd" and instant martyrdom. I also don't have a problem if they land his accomplice with some trumped up attempted murder or manslaughter case too for not talking the bloke out of doing the burglary in the first place.

I really do not have any sympathy for the deceased.

Agree 100%

My analogy,

If I was in the business of punching bears in the kidneys, I might expect to at some point contract bear AIDS.

I'd expect you to be mauled to death long before you got aids!

As for the person at the centre of this "tragedy" - http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1459286_revealed-the-lifetime-of-crime-of-knifed-burglar-killed-in-bramhall-home-raid

Got a list of previous as long as your arm. RIP in peace sweet prince. :hanged: