Twitter

I am new to this Twitter lark and have followed the official one and OWTB. Any other Latics recommendations e.g. players etc.?

Also any general good ones welcomed as well.

@nathanclarke6

@wesolowski14

@mattjpsmith

@filipemorais7

@paul_black3

@de4no22 (Furman)

@mikekeeganmen is useful for bits of news snippets here and there.

May have missed a few players, plenty of fans on there though. @andrewdcoop - that's me!

An aspect of Twitter that really hacks me off is the use of including direct addressing (@playersname) to go into a rant about their performance. It's an optional social network that player's can use to interact with supporters, giving an insight into what how they're getting along in training; what happens on long away trips how injuries are coming along, etc.

Using it to have a go or to demand explanations for performances is, in my opinion, an abuse that could only serve to stop people using it - which would be a shame.

Where these networks exist, they work best when etiquette is used which generally involves not addressing abuse at individuals of the ilk of players of footballs teams that you supposedly support. If a player hasn't played well, and you feel that Twitter needs to know why not just use their normal name? Why use their twitter address?

Besides, if you want to direct abuse at people who deserve it, Piers Morgan has set up an avcount for that very purpose.

Such is Twitter that any player that has an account deserves dogs abuse, and any club that allows their players to have an account deserves to have tactics and ramblings against the club splashed in the media.

No idea why we don't stop our players using social media, and write it in their contracts that they cannot do so.

An aspect of Twitter that really hacks me off...

Yeah, I agree with all of that. The people who generally operate this kind of "networking" are either kids, drunks, trolls, or a combination of the aforementioned.

Unfollow them - or mute the pricks from your timelines.

• 10 months later...