Jason Koumas ?

IMO it's worth approaching Jason Koumas now he's out on a limb, he may relish another chance at first team football and forsake big money wages

Like John Sheridan he could star in this division on one leg.

Koumas considers retiring

As much as I agree with looking for another option in midfield; where is the money going to come from exactly?

If he's going to retire he wont get anything at all, so in that context he may agree to a small wage.

well I doubt he's considering retiring and going on the dole; he will have something lined up; but I take your point I guess

we need experience and someone to control the game from the centre of the park - and thats easier said than done to find

well I doubt he's considering retiring and going on the dole; he will have something lined up; but I take your point I guess

we need experience and someone to control the game from the centre of the park - and thats easier said than done to find

Reading between the lines I doubt he has anything lined up as he's still in training, no harm in asking him to help out if it costs little, basically that's what PD did with Kuqi.

Edited by BP1960

• 1 year later...

He's been training with Sheffield Weds for 2 years off & on - more off than on, but still.

No-one has touched him during that time though as he was battling a drug habit (alledgedly!)

Clean and rarring to go now apparently. Could be a decent signing if he's not killed all his brain cells and can remember how to kick a ball.