• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where does the attendance stand in the all time pantheon of bad league crowds?

I know everyone gets a GCSE A+ at Maths these days but surely someone has spotted the mistake in the Chron's comment - "a crowd of only 2,408 — the club’s lowest gate for a league game since May 3, 1986, when 2,510 supporters turned up to watch a 2-1 win against Fulham"

More fantastic reporting!

I remember doing a post a month ago (maybe longer) looking at ways to boost the crowd for the NK game. The club did nothing and got what they deserve. Sod all.

More fantastic reporting!

I remember doing a post a month ago (maybe longer) looking at ways to boost the crowd for the NK game. The club did nothing and got what they deserve. Sod all.

Which is why, when they do proactively try to do something (such as the Family Festival or early kick-off and discounts for the Crewe match) then everyone needs to get right behind it and let the club know that the fans want such events to be part of a regular matchday.

It blatantly wasn't agood idea to leave it at 18.. Milton Keynes on a Monday night was a catergory C game if ever there was one anyway.. I know that originally it was due to be played on a Saturday but even without promoting a massive ticket deal, 2 for one or kids for a fiver etc I think it would've been a good idea to reduce the Catergory as a good will gesture..

I'd be interested to know how many paying punters there actually were last night, surely the £4 reduction would've got more in as there can't of been more than a couple of hundred.. On top of that it would've been a bit good light shed on the powers that be.

I dont think cat C would have made any difference to the crowd, we would definatley have lost out in this case IMO.

So where does the attendance stand in the all time pantheon of bad league crowds?

I know everyone gets a GCSE A+ at Maths these days but surely someone has spotted the mistake in the Chron's comment - "a crowd of only 2,408 — the club’s lowest gate for a league game since May 3, 1986, when 2,510 supporters turned up to watch a 2-1 win against Fulham"

Really???? thats brilliant, I might even buy it just to laugh!!

I am a ST holder and I didn't go either. I don't live locally so the thought of travelling in crap weather on a work night wasn't that appealing (also the person I normally go with was away - so I'd be sat on my tod).

If it wasn't on TV and I'd have missed the game entirely I would have gone.

Sorry if that offends people, but that is how it was. And I have had a ST for 22 years and travel to 4 or 5 away games a season as well.

On the basis that others may have felt similar - I am not sure any 'deal' would have made a big difference to the 'stay aways' and in fact a still very low turnout when you have tried to entice people in might have made it look more embarressing and less enticing to any potential investors.

Better to take a low crowd on a chin knowing that ST and Sky money means it works out as a decent night's income anyway. Even better see the team play well and win against a top side, which a the people in the pub / sofa will see AND then follow it up with an 'event' game for the next home game persuading them to come to BP.

I am a ST holder and I didn't go either. I don't live locally so the thought of travelling in crap weather on a work night wasn't that appealing (also the person I normally go with was away - so I'd be sat on my tod).

Sorry if that offends people, but that is how it was. And I have had a ST for 22 years and travel to 4 or 5 away games a season as well.

On the basis that others may have felt similar - I am not sure any 'deal' would have made a big difference to the 'stay aways' and in fact a still very low turnout when you have tried to entice people in might have made it look more embarressing and less enticing to any potential investors.

Better to take a low crowd on a chin knowing that ST and Sky money means it works out as a decent night's income anyway. Even better see the team play well and win against a top side, which a the people in the pub / sofa will see AND then follow it up with an 'event' game for the next home game persuading them to come to BP.

Totally agree.

How do you get over for the games?

Hardy sympathises with Monday's absentees in the rarely-wrong Chron.

It says the club took almost as much in gate receipts as when Athletic played Carlisle in a special-offer league match at home last season. That fixture drew a crowd of 8,546, with an admission price hacked down to £2 thanks to support from local businesses.

Link

It looks like the club made the right call regarding admission prices then if this is to be the case. at £2 I doubt that we would have had anywhere near 8500 fans on Monday. It is a sad state of affairs but that is where we are, people other than the hardcore ane simply not that interested unless it is a real pull such as Everton away in the FA cup.

It looks like the club made the right call regarding admission prices then if this is to be the case. at £2 I doubt that we would have had anywhere near 8500 fans on Monday. It is a sad state of affairs but that is where we are, people other than the hardcore ane simply not that interested unless it is a real pull such as Everton away in the FA cup.

<Not wanting to jinx it like but>

It will be very interesting to see if we reach the semi's or final in the JPT; and to see how many more come to those games......

If (I know, I know) we reach Wembley, place your guesses as to how many "fans" will be there in Bovis shirts, having to ask people around them who every player is; as Jobbo seems to have morphed into a 22 year old, 6ft6" Black French lad, and struggling to sing along to any song other than "Andy Ritchie Magic"......???

There was one in the Range after the game; claimed to be a fan but watched it in the pub and doesn't go now because "we" don't win anymore......jeez. :ranting:

It will be very interesting to see if we reach the semi's or final in the JPT; and to see how many more come to those games......

If (I know, I know) we reach Wembley, place your guesses as to how many "fans" will be there in Bovis shirts, having to ask people around them who every player is; as Jobbo seems to have morphed into a 22 year old, 6ft6" Black French lad, and struggling to sing along to any song other than "Andy Ritchie Magic"......???

There was one in the Range after the game; claimed to be a fan but watched it in the pub and doesn't go now because "we" don't win anymore......jeez. :ranting:

Not all fans are like you, not everybody lives, eats, and breathes football!! There will be fans that turn up for glamour Cup ties, there will be those who turn up when we do promotions, there will be those who turn up when we're winning.

You can even be a fan and not turn up for the games, the scum have thousands!!!

If we get an entertaining team with promotion ambitions the fans will come back..........15 years of steady decline in a :censored:hole watching a :censored: team in a :censored: division was bound to affect the attendance eventually!!

The club can have no complaints. They got a load of money in for showing the game on TV and decided to leave the prices at £18 for MK Dons on an October night. They could have dropped the prices, made a similar amount of money (out of 2400 surely the vast, vast majority were ST holders) and got a few excited from watching live what turned out in the end to be a good performance.

Indeed, the return game last season in MK was £5 entry, though was called off due to the snow.

Not all fans are like you, not everybody lives, eats, and breathes football!! There will be fans that turn up for glamour Cup ties, there will be those who turn up when we do promotions, there will be those who turn up when we're winning.

You can even be a fan and not turn up for the games, the scum have thousands!!!

If we get an entertaining team with promotion ambitions the fans will come back..........15 years of steady decline in a :censored:hole watching a :censored: team in a :censored: division was bound to affect the attendance eventually!!

Exactly, lets hope that they do as it will mean more money for Latics.

Hardy sympathises with Monday's absentees in the rarely-wrong Chron.

It says the club took almost as much in gate receipts as when Athletic played Carlisle in a special-offer league match at home last season. That fixture drew a crowd of 8,546, with an admission price hacked down to £2 thanks to support from local businesses.

Link

So say 6546 paid £2 thats £13092 on the gate, meaning around 2500 extra would have to turn up at a fiver. I reckon they would have. ahh well.

we'll take around 12,000 to a JPT final, they'll be 3,000 regulars, 3,000 who used to be regulars but now occasionally attend, 3,000 who only go to the big games, then the final 3,000 will be daytrippers who really follow Utd/City/Bolton etc